United Nations Day

David Dalton

Oct 23, 2023, 11:59:29 PM10/23/23
October 24, 2023 is United Nations Day, the anniversary
of the official creation of the United Nations in 1945.

It is also Vijayadashami, also known as Dussehra, Dasara
or Dashain, a major Hindu festival celebrated every year
at the end of Navaratri. (from Wikipedia)

"But you come around in your time; Speaking of fabulous places,
create an oasis; Dries up as soon as you're gone; You leave me
here burning in this desert without you" (Sarah McLachlan)

56d.1152

Oct 24, 2023, 12:15:45 AM10/24/23
On 10/23/23 11:59 PM, David Dalton wrote:
> October 24, 2023 is United Nations Day, the anniversary
> of the official creation of the United Nations in 1945.
>
> It is also Vijayadashami, also known as Dussehra, Dasara
> or Dashain, a major Hindu festival celebrated every year
> at the end of Navaratri. (from Wikipedia)

The UN is now run by the exact OPPOSITE kinds of
people who founded it. Naught but - despots, dictators,
maniacs and fanatics.

It should be disbanded instantly for the good
of humanity.

The old NYC site - sell it for condos of "historical
interest" ... oughtta bring in some tax money .....

As for the Hindu angle ... don't really see it.
Nothing to do with a "UN".

The old League Of Nations went to hell before WW2.
the UN has now also gone to hell. A different sort
of paradigm for "international opinion/action" needs
to be developed. Less "authority" and more "good
ideas" .....

David Dalton

Oct 24, 2023, 12:31:36 AM10/24/23
On Oct 24, 2023, 56d.1152 wrote
(in article<3hCdnStjh9R42ar4...@earthlink.com>):
I think there may be a way to repair the UN rather than
trashing it.

David Dalton

Oct 24, 2023, 1:05:04 AM10/24/23
On Oct 24, 2023, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2AE7789E00...@news.eternal-september.org>):

> October 24, 2023 is United Nations Day, the anniversary
> of the official creation of the United Nations in 1945.
>
> It is also Vijayadashami, also known as Dussehra, Dasara
> or Dashain, a major Hindu festival celebrated every year
> at the end of Navaratri. (from Wikipedia)

I think it is also about the same phase as Yom Kippur,
the Jewish Day of Atonement, though not the same
lunar month.

56d.1152

Oct 24, 2023, 3:23:59 AM10/24/23
Start listing ... it's PAST time. Make sure it
can actually WORK when a large percentage are
dictators/depots/maniacs.

There IS a "better way", something that's actually
better for The People, everywhere. The USA model
is very good, but maybe not the ONLY paradigm that
has to be included.

Alas, for now, we're stuck with a UN that seems
very little concerned with serious, genocidal,
terrorism and instead dwells on issues that
PREVENT dealing with terrorism/terrorists/
genocidalidalists.

People SORT OF get options in picking/guiding
their leaders. Gaza ... well ... they put all
their money behind Hamas/terrorism. This has
been the case for a LONG TIME. As such, I feel
they are COMPLICIT in whatever Hamas might do.

Hamas has been terroristic for DECADES. It was
the reason "IronDome" was developed. Death To
All Jews is their mantra.

Hamas doesn't give a fucking shit what happens
to their 'citizens' beyond the propaganda
possibilities. This is NOT a good thing. Now
it's all gone very very bad. Thousands, maybe
tens of thousands, of their "citizens" are
about to die because of Hamas fanaticism.

David Dalton

Oct 24, 2023, 3:38:11 AM10/24/23
On Oct 24, 2023, 56d.1152 wrote
(in article<uQydne_Ed4WY7Kr4...@earthlink.com>):
Perhaps get rid of the Security Council and their vetos
for starters.

56d.1152

Oct 24, 2023, 8:43:58 PM10/24/23
The "Security Council" is a cold-war artifact for
the most part, "elitist" too. Russia wouldn't play
if it could not block the USA and vice-versa.

However the general membership is pretty damned bad
of late - far too many countries run by the worst of
the worst and/or those just hoping to scam some cash
by making customized UN edicts.

IMHO, it does not serve its intended purpose. Never
really did, at least not well. Now - flush it.

nos...@nospam.org

Dec 16, 2023, 11:21:41 AM12/16/23
No, I think it is rotten to the core. Corruption is rampant, there is no
accountability and it is mostly used as a retirement day care center for
old politicians who get a cozy UN job as a a thank you for being loyal
with the state and their party.