Re: Sununu asks lawmakers for $850K to send New Hampshire Guard troops to Texas border

Invasion prevention

Feb 15, 2024, 3:09:42 PMFeb 15
On 23 Apr 2023, Lewis <now...@protonmail.com> posted some
news:u23qbo$3t81f$5...@dont-email.me:

> Every state sending national guard troops to the border should bill
> sanctuary blue states that don't.

MANCHESTER, N.H. —
New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu is asking state lawmakers for the money
to send more National Guard troops to the southern border.

Sununu recently returned from a trip to the Texas border and said he saw
for himself why he believes more resources are needed there.

The governor sent a letter Tuesday to the Fiscal Committee, asking it to
approve more funding so the state can send active-duty troops to the
southern border. He's asking for about $850,000, which would allow 15
members of the National Guard to be sent to Eagle Pass, Texas, for up to
90 days.

Sununu said that what he saw during his trip to the border earlier this
month was alarming. He said that even though the southern border is
thousands of miles away, the issue is still affecting people in New
Hampshire.

"It's important that everyone understands this is a 50-state issue. This
is a New Hampshire-based issue," Sununu said. "We feel it every day
here, and we're just trying to step up to our partners, show some
solidarity, to make sure that we're pushing back and keeping our
citizens safe."

Not everyone agrees that state money should be sent to the border. State
Rep. Mary Jane Wallner, D-Concord, is on the Fiscal Committee, and she
said this is a federal issue.

"Using New Hampshire money seems very inappropriate at this point,"
Wallner said. "And I just think New Hampshire can't afford to be dealing
with a problem that is 3,000 miles away."

Wallner said she expects the Fiscal Committee to take up the issue
Friday.

https://www.wmur.com/article/centenarian-couple-celebrates-78th-anniversa
ry/46775694