Re: 17 Biden immigrants charged in massive drug trafficking bust in Southern California

Invasion America

Feb 15, 2024, 9:48:50 PMFeb 15
On 16 Mar 2022, Rudy Canoza <notg...@gmail.com> posted some
news:dWvYJ.86273$yi_7....@fx39.iad:

> I have a bunch of dresses and dildos that I can donate as well as my
> personal attentions.

Seventeen suspects believed to be part of a drug trafficking ring are
accused of smuggling large quantities of narcotics into the Los Angeles
area.

After a two-year investigation, authorities discovered the suspects used
semi-trucks to import fire extinguishers filled with drugs that were
concealed in scrap metal loads. The drugs were smuggled over the
U.S.-Mexico border and included fentanyl, methamphetamine and heroin,
according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

During a two-year investigation called Operation “Smoke Jumpers,”
authorities made 13 seizures in which they discovered around 680,992
fentanyl pills, 3 kilograms of fentanyl powder, 17 kilograms of heroin,
and 10,418 pills containing methamphetamine.

Nine suspects who were arrested from Feb. 8-12 were identified as:

Carlos Espinoza, 38, of Alhambra
Fernando Salgado, 36, of Riverside
Erick Roque Angeles, 39, of Fontana
Rocio Guadalupe Acevedo Tonche, 32, of Ontario
David Sanchez Balderas, 26, of Denver
Oscar Ahumada Leyva, 43, of Mexico
Miguel Antonio Rabago Valenzuela, 42, of Mexico
Gustavo Rivero Rodriguez, 39, of Mexico
Efren Quibrera Espinoza, 29, of Cudahy
The tenth suspect, Toniel Baez-Duarte, 33, of Apple Valley, was already
in state custody. Seven additional suspects remain at large and are
believed to be in Mexico.

The investigation centered around Carin Trucking, a San Diego-based
company that operated at least six semi-trucks that regularly entered
the U.S. from Mexico to deliver suspected narcotics to the L.A. area,
authorities said.

The indictment alleges two narcotics conspiracies and 12 drug possession
offenses, each of which carries a sentence anywhere from 10 years to
life in federal prison. If suspects are also convicted of money
laundering conspiracy, they could face up to 20 years in prison for that
charge.

“These defendants used a sophisticated network to smuggle immense
amounts of fentanyl into our country,” said Martin Estrada, a U.S.
Attorney. “We know that every fentanyl pill can kill, but these
defendants did not care about the widespread destruction they were
causing. Our office will continue to work intelligently and aggressively
to bring international drug-trafficking organizations to justice.”

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/17-charged-in-massive-drug-trafficking-b
ust-in-los-angeles/