Re: 15-year-old dead after overdose on Democrat high school campus in Hollywood; other overdoses investigated

Harris Drug Sales

Sep 20, 2022, 4:40:02 PM9/20/22
In article <svbqsl$1qbm5$1...@news.freedyn.de>
<governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dead drug users were worthless eaters anyway.
> There is no drug market if all the addicts are dead.

HOLLYWOOD (KABC) -- A 15-year-old girl is dead after she was
believed to have overdosed at a high school in Hollywood, and
police are also investigating several other overdoses in the
area.

The overdose situation involves four juveniles who ingested what
they thought was Percocet pills, but police believe they were
laced with fentanyl.

Around 8 p.m. Tuesday night, a father reported his stepdaughter
missing, according to the Los Angeles Police Department. He went
to Bernstein High School and found her in the courtyard
suffering from a possible overdose.

That girl was taken to the hospital in stable condition. Before
she was transported, she told her stepfather about another girl
in the school bathroom. The man called 911, but when officers
arrived they found the other girl unresponsive in the bathroom.
She later died.

Investigators believe the victims purchased the pills at
Lexington Park, which is less than a mile away from campus. The
Los Angeles Fire Department reported two other overdoses at the
park earlier in the day.

One of those juveniles was only identified as a 17-year-old. The
condition or exact age of the fourth victim was not clear.

The LAPD said overdoses are on the rise and they'll be working
to find the narcotics dealer who sold the pills. There will be
an increased police presence at the park on Wednesday.

"I think we all share responsibility to all of our children. So
we all need to talk to our children, the schools need to talk to
our children. We need to work together to make everyone aware
how dangerous this poison is," said Lt. John Radtke.

In a statement, the Los Angeles Unified School District
confirmed that the deceased teen was a student at the school.
The district said school would be open Wednesday and grief
counselors will be on site for all students and employees.

"As we work together with LAPD to uncover the details of this
tragic situation, our thoughts and prayers go out to the
families and friends of both students," the statement read.

Officials say it common for drug dealers to lace pills with
fentanyl.

"This is a scourge and an epidemic that is well-known across the
country. It is unacceptable," said LAUSD Superintendent Alberto
Carvalho. "It is even more unacceptable when it impacts the
youth of our community. There is no excuse for that nor is there
tolerance for that."

https://abc7.com/overdose-death-high-school-teenager-
hollywood/12229059/