Re: 14-year-old Democrat freshman at Nogales High School in La Puente dies of an overdose, family confirms

1 view

Harris Drug Sales

Sep 20, 2022, 4:40:03 PM9/20/22
In article <sv5cks$1mssf$3...@news.freedyn.de>
<governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dead drug users were worthless eaters anyway.
> There is no drug market if all the addicts are dead.

LA PUENTE, Calif. (KABC) -- After a 15-year-old died of an
overdose on a high school campus in Hollywood, another overdose
death involving a teen has been reported in La Puente.

The family of 14-year-old Luna Hinojosa tell Eyewitness News she
died of an overdose one week ago.

Hinojosa was a freshman at Nogales High School. Though family
members did not wish to speak about the circumstances
surrounding her death, they confirmed only that drugs were
involved.

Reports of Hinojosa's death came days before four students
overdosed on fentanyl-laced drugs at Bernstein High School in
Hollywood.

One of the teens, 15-year-old Melanie Ramos, died.

Since then, two teen boys have been arrested in connection to
her death.

Overdoses involving teenagers have since prompted the Los
Angeles County Department of Public Health to issue a warning
about fentanyl-laced drugs in the community.

"[It's] very concerning because so many kids are OD'ing on it
and they're losing their lives," said Kitty Fabbria, a parent
who spoke with ABC7 on Friday. "My advice will be don't start. I
mean, you're taking a big chance with fentanyl and just stop and
think what you're going to do to your parents if you OD on that."

Fentanyl is considered to be extremely dangerous and L.A. DEA
officials have said it can be more deadly than heroin.

Meanwhile, Nogales High School and Rowland Unified School
District officials released a statement Friday afternoon, saying
they're aware of Hinojosa's death and are providing support to
students and staff.

"We are deeply saddened to learn of this tragic event and are
providing additional support to our students, staff, the
student's family and the Nogales community at this difficult
time," said Superintendent Dr. Julie Mitchell.

The district said it has had counselors and grief support teams
at the school all week and will continue to do so as needed.

The district adds that since Hinojosa is a minor, it cannot
release any more information.

The teen's death remains under investigation. Her family has
since created a GoFundMe to help with funeral expenses.

https://abc7.com/nogales-high-school-la-puente-california-14-
year-old-girl-dies/12235319/