Rabbis Call for President Biden, U.S. Senators to Reject Anti-Asylum Proposals

D. Ray

Feb 13, 2024, 2:23:43 AMFeb 13

Rabbi Jill Jacobs, CEO of T’ruah, said:
“We are disturbed that Senate Republicans are demanding extreme lasting
changes to immigration policy as part of a one-time supplemental funding
bill. These policy shifts would gut our already frail asylum system. We are
also dismayed that President Biden has said that, in exchange for military
aid, he is willing to support heightening standards for initial asylum
screenings, denying asylum to migrants who pass through another country
before entering the U.S., and expanding a fast-track deportation process.

<https://truah.org/press/2300-rabbis-call-for-president-biden-u-s-senators-to-reject-anti-asylum-proposals/>

<https://archive.ph/UqHez>