Video captures migrants in camo scaling Arizona wall after Harris says border secure

zinn

Sep 23, 2022, 1:42:37 AM9/23/22
Vice President Kamala Harris said Sunday that the country's borders are
'secure'

Illegal migrants dressed in full camouflage were spotted by Fox News
cameras being lowered over an Arizona border wall Tuesday by human
smugglers.

The illegal border crossings happened just days after Vice President
Kamala Harris claimed the nation's borders were "secure."

The video is only the latest incident of illegal immigration impacting
Arizona and other border states.

However, messaging from the White House continues to brush off concern
about the onslaught of migrants, claiming that the crisis is not out of
hand.

DC COUNCIL MEMBER BLAMES BORDER STATE GOVERNORS FOR MIGRANT EMERGENCY

Harris twice declared the U.S. southern border is "secure" during an
interview Sunday, despite the tens of thousands of illegal immigrants who
routinely cross into the country every month.

During an interview on "Meet the Press" aired during the 21st anniversary
of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, Harris was asked by NBC News
anchor Chuck Todd whether the border is secure. The vice president
responded that the immigration system was "broken" under the Trump
administration and still "needs to be fixed."

KAMALA HARRIS DECLARES 'BORDER IS SECURE' AS THOUSANDS OF ILLEGALS FLOOD
INTO US EVERY DAY

"I think that there is no question that we have to do what the president
and I asked Congress to do, the first request we made: pass a bill to
create a pathway to citizenship," Harris said. "The border is secure, but
we also have a broken immigration system, in particular, over the last
four years before we came in, and it needs to be fixed."

There have been more than 200,000 migrant encounters along the southern
border in each of the last four months.

Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey last month issued an executive order to fill gaps
in the border wall in Yuma with shipping containers topped with razor
wire, saying that the state "can’t wait any longer."

Ducey, along with Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, raised the issue to the national
spotlight after beginning to bus illegal migrants into left-leaning
sanctuary cities.

Washington D.C., officials declared a public emergency over buses of
migrants that continue to arrive in the city from Texas and Arizona.

Brianne Nadeau, a member of the Council of the District of Columbia,
blamed the governors of Texas and Arizona for the city's public migrant
emergency.

Speaking in a situational update on migrant support alongside Washington,
D.C., Mayor Muriel Bowser, Nadeau said Thursday that the city's systems
were not set up to serve the migrants that continue to arrive in the city
from the southern states.

Fox News' Jessica Chasmar, Anders Hagstrom and Julia Musto contributed to
this report.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/video-captures-migrants-camo-scaling-arizona-
wall-harris-says-border-secure