Re: The Science of Entropy Disproves Evolution

Message has been deleted

bpuharic

Feb 8, 2011, 6:39:38 PM2/8/11
On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 18:25:05 -0500, Doc Johnson
<the.doc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Einstein's First Law, F=ma, states that Entropy Can Neither Be Created
>Nor Destroyed.

cool! if only newton knew...

>"The fool that said in his heart, there is no God" -- Psalms 14.1
>
>"God does not play poker" -- Einstein

yeah but he plays a helluva game of cribbage

ilbe...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2011, 8:36:08 PM2/8/11
On Feb 8, 5:39 pm, bpuharic <w...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 18:25:05 -0500, Doc Johnson
>
> <the.doc12554...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Einstein's First Law, F=ma, states that Entropy Can Neither Be Created
> >Nor Destroyed.
>
> cool! if only newton knew...
>

> >"The fool that said in his heart, there is no God" -- Psalms 14.1
>
> >"God does not play poker" -- Einstein
>
> yeah but he plays a helluva game of cribbage

Quote by Einstein : " Everyone who is seriously interested in the
pursuit of science becomes convinced that a Spirit is manifest in the
Laws of the Universe ---- a spirit vastly superior to that of Man, and
one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble
" .

Free Lunch

Feb 8, 2011, 8:43:35 PM2/8/11
On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 17:36:08 -0800 (PST), "IlBe...@gmail.com"
<ilbe...@gmail.com> wrote in alt.talk.creationism:

Selective quoting from Einstein to support your position only shows us
that you are happy to be mendacious.

bpuharic

Feb 8, 2011, 8:49:41 PM2/8/11
On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 17:36:08 -0800 (PST), "IlBe...@gmail.com"
<ilbe...@gmail.com> wrote:

gee. this is what he said about the creator god of the bible:

the word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of
human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable but still
primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish

---------

doesnt do much for you creatoinists, does it?

>" .

R Brown

Feb 8, 2011, 8:52:11 PM2/8/11

"Doc Johnson" <the.doc...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Einstein's First Law, F=ma, states that Entropy Can Neither Be Created
> Nor Destroyed.
>
> "The fool that said in his heart, there is no God" -- Psalms 14.1
>
> "God does not play poker" -- Einstein
>

> Doc Johnson
> Nucular Physicist and published member of ICR
> (I know how to spell Nuclear, but I prefer to spell it the way its
> pronounced.)

I thought Bush pronounced it: "Nucler"

archie dux

Feb 8, 2011, 8:56:14 PM2/8/11

<>

Ooooh, is it "Quote Einstein" time again?
Doesn't the time just FLY?

Here ya go, Davey:

"I cannot conceive of a personal God who
would directly influence the actions of
individuals, or would directly sit in
judgment on creatures of his own
creation."

"The word god is for me nothing more than

the expression and product of human
weaknesses, the Bible a collection of

honourable, but still primitive legends
which are nevertheless pretty childish.
No interpretation no matter how subtle
can (for me) change this."

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and
punishes the objects of his creation,
whose purposes are modeled after our own -
- a God, in short, who is but a
reflection of human frailty. Neither can
I believe that the individual survives
the death of his body, although feeble
souls harbor such thoughts through fear
or ridiculous egotisms. I do not believe
in immortality of the individual, and I
consider ethics to be an exclusively
human concern with no superhuman
authority behind it."

"I cannot conceive of a God who rewards
and punishes his creatures, or has a will
of the kind that we experience in
ourselves. Neither can I nor would I want
to conceive of an individual that
survives his physical death; let feeble
souls, from fear or absurd egoism,
cherish such thoughts."

These, and more, at:

http://www.positiveatheism.org/hist/quotes/einstein.htm

Wanna go again, Davey?

Message has been deleted

archie dux

Feb 8, 2011, 8:57:26 PM2/8/11
On Feb 8, 4:25 pm, Doc Johnson <the.doc12554...@yahoo.com> wrote:

<>

> Einstein's First Law, F=ma, states that Entropy Can Neither Be Created
> Nor Destroyed.
>

> "The fool that said in his heart, there is no God" -- Psalms 14.1
>
> "God does not play poker" -- Einstein
>

> Doc Johnson
> Nucular Physicist and published member of ICR
> (I know how to spell Nuclear, but I prefer to spell it the way its pronounced.)

OK, I call Poe.

(anyone beat me to it? I mean, this one was pretty
obvious. the boy wasn't evey trying.)

archie

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

bpuharic

Feb 8, 2011, 9:06:13 PM2/8/11
On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 20:56:08 -0500, Dr. GW
<godshol...@heavenmail.org> wrote:

>On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 19:43:35 -0600, Free Lunch <lu...@nofreelunch.us>
>wrote:

>mendacious isnt a word, idoit! LOL!

that's a lie! (nyuk, nyuk)

bpuharic

Feb 8, 2011, 9:06:35 PM2/8/11
On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 20:55:20 -0500, Dr. GW
<godshol...@heavenmail.org> wrote:

>>" .
>
>Thank you brother IlBeBak, for prooving that Einstein was a Christain
>like us! I dont no why the atheist liers try to deny it cause its a
>prooven fact of histery!!!

OK now i KNOW he's a troll!

Tim Miller

Feb 8, 2011, 9:25:35 PM2/8/11

"I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures,
or has a will of the kind that we experience in ourselves. Neither can
I nor would I want to conceive of an individual that survives his physical
death; let feeble souls, from fear or absurd egoism, cherish such thoughts."

(Albert Einstein, The World as I See It)

Robert Wills

Feb 8, 2011, 9:30:08 PM2/8/11
On 02/08/2011 06:25 PM, Doc Johnson wrote:

> Einstein's First Law, F=ma, states that Entropy Can Neither Be Created
> Nor Destroyed.
>
> "The fool that said in his heart, there is no God" -- Psalms 14.1
>
> "God does not play poker" -- Einstein

I guess you know that it was "dice" not poker.
In a debate with Niel Bohr over quantium mechanics, Einstein reemarked
"I'm convinced that God doesn't play dice with the universe". Bohr
responded, "you don't tell God what not to do".

> Doc Johnson
> Nucular Physicist and published member of ICR
> (I know how to spell Nuclear, but I prefer to spell it the way its pronounced.)

I don't why! I am a nuclear engineer, but I don't design or built
anything. All I've been able to do is disassemble 40+ years old
nuclear power plants. It's a real tragedy and a shame - this is cheap,
reliable and safe energy. Also hydrogen fusion could, with sufficient
funds be possible, but if it became practicable, politics would not
permit it to be used. I'm a dying breed in that I know how to design a
nuclear power source for a plant, but if in the future the US decides
to build new plants, we'll have to import engineers from France,
England or Russia. France is decades ahead of us anyway. Russia isn't.
England(??) maybe.

Robert Wills

Feb 8, 2011, 9:34:59 PM2/8/11
Mendacious, Ha! you don't think we know what it means. We don't!

Robert Wills

Feb 8, 2011, 9:46:18 PM2/8/11
On 02/08/2011 09:30 PM, Robert Wills wrote:
> On 02/08/2011 06:25 PM, Doc Johnson wrote:
>>
>> Einstein's First Law, F=ma, states that Entropy Can Neither Be Created
>> Nor Destroyed.
>>
>> "The fool that said in his heart, there is no God" -- Psalms 14.1
>>
>> "God does not play poker" -- Einstein
> >
> I guess you know that it was "dice" not poker.
> In a debate with Niel Bohr over quantium mechanics, Einstein reemarked
> "I'm convinced that God doesn't play dice with the universe". Bohr
> responded, "you don't tell God what not to do".
>>

>> Doc Johnson
>> Nucular Physicist and published member of ICR
>> (I know how to spell Nuclear, but I prefer to spell it the way its
>> pronounced.)
> >
> I don't know why! I am a nuclear engineer, but I don't design or built

> anything. All I've been able to do is disassemble 40+ years old
> nuclear power plants. It's a real tragedy and a shame - this is cheap,
> reliable and safe energy. Also hydrogen fusion could, with sufficient
> funds be possible, but if it became practicable, politics would not
> permit it to be used. I'm a dying breed in that I know how to design a
> nuclear power source for a plant, but if in the future the US decides
> to build new plants, we'll have to import engineers from France, England
> or Russia. France is decades ahead of us anyway. Russia isn't.
> England(??) maybe.

This one accidently got away from me. In any case, the second law of
thermodynamics does not confute evolution. In that once an energy
source is accessable, a conversion method is available and a mechanism
for fabrication is in place life happens and continues.
Message has been deleted

PD

Feb 8, 2011, 10:27:35 PM2/8/11
On Feb 8, 5:25 pm, Doc Johnson <the.doc12554...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Einstein's First Law, F=ma, states that Entropy Can Neither Be Created
> Nor Destroyed.

Oh dear. You claim to be a nuclear physicist and a professor of
physics at a respected academy in WV.

You misquote Newton's 2nd law as Einstein's 1st law.
Newton's 2nd law has nothing absolutely to do with entropy.
There is no such law that says that entropy can neither be created or
destroyed, and you may be confusing energy with entropy, and
conservation of energy STILL is not Newton's 2nd law.

I think you've just told me everything I need to know about your
knowledge of physics.

> "The fool that said in his heart, there is no God" -- Psalms 14.1
>
> "God does not play poker" -- Einstein

Meteorite Debris

Feb 8, 2011, 10:42:31 PM2/8/11
Last time that great scribe Doc Johnson <the.doc...@yahoo.com>
chipped away at his/her stone these gems of wisdom for posterity ...

> Einstein's First Law, F=ma, states that Entropy Can Neither Be Created
> Nor Destroyed.
>

> "The fool that said in his heart, there is no God" -- Psalms 14.1
>
> "God does not play poker" -- Einstein
>

> Doc Johnson
> Nucular Physicist and published member of ICR
> (I know how to spell Nuclear, but I prefer to spell it the way its pronounced.)

So much ignorance in so few words.

Whoever shall say "thou fool" shall be in danger of hell fire Matt:5:22

--

Remove both YOUR_SHOES before replying
apatriot #1, atheist #1417,

Apatriotism Yahoo Group

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make
you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

bpuharic

Feb 9, 2011, 3:59:07 AM2/9/11
On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 19:27:35 -0800 (PST), PD
<thedrap...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Feb 8, 5:25�pm, Doc Johnson <the.doc12554...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Einstein's First Law, F=ma, states that Entropy Can Neither Be Created
>> Nor Destroyed.
>
>Oh dear. You claim to be a nuclear physicist and a professor of
>physics at a respected academy in WV.
>
>You misquote Newton's 2nd law as Einstein's 1st law.
>Newton's 2nd law has nothing absolutely to do with entropy.
>There is no such law that says that entropy can neither be created or
>destroyed, and you may be confusing energy with entropy, and
>conservation of energy STILL is not Newton's 2nd law.
>
>I think you've just told me everything I need to know about your
>knowledge of physics.

this is why he's a troll..

raven1

Feb 9, 2011, 7:51:03 AM2/9/11
On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 18:25:05 -0500, Doc Johnson
<the.doc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Troll-ometer reading: 1.3

>Einstein's First Law, F=ma, states that Entropy Can Neither Be Created
>Nor Destroyed.

Message has been deleted

Devils Advocaat

Feb 9, 2011, 8:58:12 AM2/9/11
On Feb 8, 11:25 pm, Doc Johnson <the.doc12554...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Einstein's First Law, F=ma, states that Entropy Can Neither Be Created
> Nor Destroyed.
>
> "The fool that said in his heart, there is no God" -- Psalms 14.1
>
> "God does not play poker" -- Einstein
>
> Doc Johnson
> Nucular Physicist and published member of ICR
> (I know how to spell Nuclear, but I prefer to spell it the way its pronounced.)

Methinks thou art truly confused.

PD

Feb 9, 2011, 9:31:25 AM2/9/11
On Feb 9, 7:01 am, Doc Johnson <thedoc1598...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 09 Feb 2011 03:59:07 -0500, bpuharic <w...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 19:27:35 -0800 (PST), PD
> ><thedraperfam...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >>Oh dear. You claim to be a nuclear physicist and a professor of
> >>physics at a respected academy in WV.
>
> >>You misquote Newton's 2nd law as Einstein's 1st law.
> >>Newton's 2nd law has nothing absolutely to do with entropy.
> >>There is no such law that says that entropy can neither be created or
> >>destroyed, and you may be confusing energy with entropy, and
> >>conservation of energy STILL is not Newton's 2nd law.
>
> >>I think you've just told me everything I need to know about your
> >>knowledge of physics.
>
> >this is why he's a troll..
>
> Not so. PD was correct, although the physics facts he stated are more
> properly termed "Classical Physics" and were true only until Max
> Planck's phlogiston theory replaced Heisenberg's string theory as a
> better explanation for the molecular composition of the luminiferous
> ether.

Oh dear.

> In 2011, we now understand the Law of the Conservation of
> Entropy

Fascinating. Do tell.

> and how it correlates to the Intelligent Design of the cosmos.

Physics first. Design later.

> HTH

> Doc Johnson
> Nucular Physicist and published member of ICR

> (I know how to spell Nuclear, but I prefer to spell it the way its supposed too be pronounced.)

Paul Myers

Feb 9, 2011, 10:16:32 AM2/9/11
On Feb 8, 9:06 pm, bpuharic <w...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 20:56:08 -0500, Dr. GW
>

> <godsholywitn...@heavenmail.org> wrote:
> >On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 19:43:35 -0600, Free Lunch <lu...@nofreelunch.us>
> >wrote:

> >>Selective quoting from Einstein to support your position only shows us
> >>that you are happy to be mendacious.
>
> >mendacious isnt a word, idoit! LOL!
>
> that's a lie! (nyuk, nyuk)

for your edification "DR" GW.

the free online dictionary gives the definition of mendacious as
follows

Adj. 1. mendacious - given to lying; "a mendacious child"
untruthful - not expressing or given to expressing the truth; "the
statement given under oath was untruthful"; "an untruthful person"
2. mendacious - intentionally untrue; "a mendacious statement"
false - not in accordance with the fact or reality or actuality; "gave
false testimony under oath"; "false tales of bravery"

and since your educational knowledge seems to be less that a high
school student should be I will assume you also don't know the
definition of "edification"

edification [ˌɛdɪfɪˈkeɪʃən]
n 1. improvement, instruction, or enlightenment, esp when
morally or spiritually uplifting
2. the act of edifying or state of being edified

Hope this helps "DR" GW

thomas p.

Feb 9, 2011, 11:03:28 AM2/9/11
"Doc Johnson" <the.doc...@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelelsen

> Einstein's First Law, F=ma, states that Entropy Can Neither Be Created
> Nor Destroyed.
>
> "The fool that said in his heart, there is no God" -- Psalms 14.1
>
> "God does not play poker" -- Einstein
>

> Doc Johnson
> Nucular Physicist and published member of ICR
> (I know how to spell Nuclear, but I prefer to spell it the way its
> pronounced.)

Too obvious. Might as well have a sign around your neck saying "I Am A
Troll".

Robert Wills

Feb 9, 2011, 11:29:04 AM2/9/11
On 02/08/2011 10:15 PM, Bretts the Baptist wrote:
> K, dude. I ain't a nuclear engineer, but let's rap anyway. I agree
> with you that it's a damn shame that us 'merkins are so fricken
> imbecilic that we've refused to advance in nuclear power for the past
> 40 years, and I agree that nuclear power is clean and reliable.
> Christ, the coal plants kill TONS more ppl than the nukes ever could,
> and I wish these fucktards in the US could start to realize that.
>

> BTW, do you remember who, during the 2008 presidential elections, was
> the candidate in favor or nuclear power? (I preferred Obama too back
> then, but only because he promised more than he's since delivered.)

McCain said he would start an nuclear program to build 40 odd plants
by 2030 and eventually 100. Obama promised he would not oppose nuclear
plants. But I don't expect anything of President Obama in this.
Yet, I believe he could actually be the one person who could get
such a program going. Most of the opposition groups would yield
to his leadership. I don't think he has the interest. It would have
a second valuable effect. It would force competition with oil producers
and lower cost. Electric autos would become more feasable, with
fuel cells and as of yet unknown energy storage systems. This
would have a positive effect on the enviroment, and globle warming.

> I disagree with you, though, that fusion is a viable alternative in
> this year of AD 2011. If you disagree, then do you care to have a
> public discussion about it here?

I've been on discussion panels with politicians, EPA, and other
members of alphabet soup groups, even one where a President Carter,
a nuclear engineer himself, was present. Nothing ever became of it.

> "Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women
> there hath not risen a greater than Bretts the Baptist"
> -- Matthew 11:11

Apostate

Feb 9, 2011, 10:50:42 AM2/9/11
On Wed, 09 Feb 2011 08:01:54 -0500, Doc Johnson
<thedoc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 09 Feb 2011 03:59:07 -0500, bpuharic <wf...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 19:27:35 -0800 (PST), PD
>><thedrap...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Oh dear. You claim to be a nuclear physicist and a professor of
>>>physics at a respected academy in WV.
>>>
>>>You misquote Newton's 2nd law as Einstein's 1st law.
>>>Newton's 2nd law has nothing absolutely to do with entropy.
>>>There is no such law that says that entropy can neither be created or
>>>destroyed, and you may be confusing energy with entropy, and
>>>conservation of energy STILL is not Newton's 2nd law.
>>>
>>>I think you've just told me everything I need to know about your
>>>knowledge of physics.
>>
>>this is why he's a troll..
>>

>Not so. PD was correct, although the physics facts he stated are more
>properly termed "Classical Physics" and were true only until Max
>Planck's phlogiston theory replaced Heisenberg's string theory as a
>better explanation for the molecular composition of the luminiferous

>ether. In 2011, we now understand the Law of the Conservation of
>Entropy and how it correlates to the Intelligent Design of the cosmos.
>
>HTH

Just guessing: are the Johnson's related by blood or marridge to the
Corey's?

>Doc Johnson
>Nucular Physicist and published member of ICR

>(I know how to spell Nuclear, but I prefer to spell it the way its supposed too be pronounced.)

--
Apostate alt.atheist #1931 I've found it!
BAAWA Knife AND SMASHer freelance Minion #'e'

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt." -- Bertrand Russell

"Mr. Worf, set phasers on "Fuck You" and fire at will."
-- Doc Smartass

"Nature has a dark sense of humor, but life is certainly
one of the things it laughs at."
-- Rinaldo of Capadoccia

e-mail to %mynick%periodaaperiod%myAA#%@gee!mail!dottedcommie

John Baker

Feb 9, 2011, 11:44:31 AM2/9/11
<the.doc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Einstein's First Law, F=ma, states that Entropy Can Neither Be Created
>Nor Destroyed.

*Entropy* can neither be created nor destroyed? Son, you're setting a
new standard for stupidity.

>"The fool that said in his heart, there is no God" -- Psalms 14.1

The wise man proclaimeth it aloud.

>"God does not play poker" -- Einstein

Einstein was not a theist. He was using god as a metaphor.

>Doc Johnson
>Nucular Physicist and published member of ICR

>(I know how to spell Nuclear, but I prefer to spell it the way its pronounced.)

Except that it isn't pronounced that way - except by illiterate
morons.

His Exalted Highness the Mahārāja Giuzishavd Puzidatskwurtz

Feb 9, 2011, 11:49:52 AM2/9/11

John Baker wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 18:25:05 -0500, Doc Johnson
> <the.doc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> >Einstein's First Law, F=ma, states that Entropy Can Neither Be Created
> >Nor Destroyed.
>
> *Entropy* can neither be created nor destroyed? Son, you're setting a
> new standard for stupidity.

What is it about that, that you do not understand, or which scares
you?

> >"The fool that said in his heart, there is no God" -- Psalms 14.1
>
> The wise man proclaimeth it aloud.

No trully wise man would ever state out loud that there is no God.

If we can't get a man to take Pascal's wager, fully, then at least
that man would have to be mentally deficient to proclaim that no God
exists, don't you agree?

> >"God does not play poker" -- Einstein
>
> Einstein was not a theist.

Psshaw! Certainly he was.

> He was using god as a metaphor.

"God" is capitolized. Always.

> >Doc Johnson
> >Nucular Physicist and published member of ICR
> >(I know how to spell Nuclear, but I prefer to spell it the way its pronounced.)
>
> Except that it isn't pronounced that way - except by illiterate
> morons.

English is not my first language, of course, being from India, but
Pres. Bush did indeed pronounciate it "nucular", which by Occam's
razor must be the correct pronounciation.

.. His Exalted Highness the Mahārāja Giuzishavd Puzidatskwurtz, KG
.. τὸ Α καὶ τὸ Ω

Conan the bacterium

Feb 9, 2011, 12:29:36 PM2/9/11
On Feb 9, 9:44 am, John Baker <nu...@bizniz.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 18:25:05 -0500, Doc Johnson

<>

Well, morons and blatant trolls.

The problem with "Doc" here is that he's a stupid
troll. He keeps on stupidly letting it slip that
he's actually rather intelligent, and it's
trivially easy to see that he's too smart to
be as stupid as he stupidly tries to come
across as.

Or something.

conan

Igor

Feb 9, 2011, 12:39:19 PM2/9/11
On Feb 8, 6:25 pm, Doc Johnson <the.doc12554...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Einstein's First Law, F=ma, states that Entropy Can Neither Be Created
> Nor Destroyed.

You're doing the same thing that Mia Farrow did to that
Chinaman that Woody Allen brought home from the circus!

John Baker

Feb 9, 2011, 12:52:24 PM2/9/11
On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 08:49:52 -0800 (PST), His Exalted Highness the
Mah?r?ja Giuzishavd Puzidatskwurtz <giuzi...@live.com> wrote:

>John Baker wrote:
>> On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 18:25:05 -0500, Doc Johnson
>> <the.doc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>> >Einstein's First Law, F=ma, states that Entropy Can Neither Be Created
>> >Nor Destroyed.
>>
>> *Entropy* can neither be created nor destroyed? Son, you're setting a
>> new standard for stupidity.
>
>What is it about that, that you do not understand, or which scares
>you?

Nothing, Sport. It's just wrong. The correct statement is that
*energy* can neither be created nor destroyed, only altered in form.
And it's not an Einstein quote. It's the first law of thermodynamics.

*Entropy* is the term used to denote the tendency of things, when left
to their own devices, to move toward a state of equilibrium. It's why
cold things (relative to the ambient temperature) warm up and hot
things cool down.

Hope that clears things up for ya, Sunshine.

>> >"The fool that said in his heart, there is no God" -- Psalms 14.1
>>
>> The wise man proclaimeth it aloud.
>
>No trully wise man would ever state out loud that there is no God.

I see that recognizing humorous intent is not one of your strong
points.

>If we can't get a man to take Pascal's wager, fully, then at least
>that man would have to be mentally deficient to proclaim that no God
>exists, don't you agree?

Pascal's Wager is fatally flawed - and *I'll* wager you don't even
understand why.

>> >"God does not play poker" -- Einstein
>>
>> Einstein was not a theist.
>
>Psshaw! Certainly he was.

Nope. Sorry.

"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product
of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still
primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No
interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. "

- Letter to philosopher Eric Gutkind, January 3, 1954

"I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God
is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share
the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is
mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of
religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of
humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual
understanding of nature and of our own being."

- Albert Einstein to Guy H. Raner Jr., Sept. 28, 1949, quoted by
Michael R. Gilmore in Skeptic magazine, Vol. 5, No. 2

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious
convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not
believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have
expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called
religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the
world so far as our science can reveal it."

- Albert Einstein, letter to an atheist (1954), quoted in Albert
Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas & Banesh Hoffman

I ask you, do those quotes read like the words of a theist?

>> He was using god as a metaphor.
>
>"God" is capitolized. Always.

Not in this newsgroup, Skippy.

>> >Doc Johnson
>> >Nucular Physicist and published member of ICR
>> >(I know how to spell Nuclear, but I prefer to spell it the way its pronounced.)
>>
>> Except that it isn't pronounced that way - except by illiterate
>> morons.
>
>English is not my first language, of course, being from India, but
>Pres. Bush did indeed pronounciate it "nucular", which by Occam's
>razor must be the correct pronounciation.

Either that or Bush is an illiterate moron...

>.. His Exalted Highness the Mah?r?ja Giuzishavd Puzidatskwurtz, KG
>.. ?? ? ??? ?? ?

John Baker

Feb 9, 2011, 12:54:17 PM2/9/11

Of course he's a troll. But as Chris Lee said, there's no practical
difference between deliberately trying to *look* like an idiot and
actually *being* an idiot. <G>

>conan

Brian E. Clark

Feb 9, 2011, 3:50:21 PM2/9/11
In article <93k3l6pmhsdku1ten...@4ax.com>,
the.doc...@yahoo.com says...

> Einstein's First Law, F=ma, states that Entropy Can Neither Be Created
> Nor Destroyed.

Some say extropy will conquer entropy. But I think extropy
will eventually run out of steam...

--
-----------
Brian E. Clark

bpuharic

Feb 9, 2011, 5:00:46 PM2/9/11
<thedoc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 09 Feb 2011 03:59:07 -0500, bpuharic <wf...@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>>On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 19:27:35 -0800 (PST), PD
>><thedrap...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Oh dear. You claim to be a nuclear physicist and a professor of
>>>physics at a respected academy in WV.
>>>
>>>You misquote Newton's 2nd law as Einstein's 1st law.
>>>Newton's 2nd law has nothing absolutely to do with entropy.
>>>There is no such law that says that entropy can neither be created or
>>>destroyed, and you may be confusing energy with entropy, and
>>>conservation of energy STILL is not Newton's 2nd law.
>>>
>>>I think you've just told me everything I need to know about your
>>>knowledge of physics.
>>
>>this is why he's a troll..
>>

>Not so. PD was correct, although the physics facts he stated are more
>properly termed "Classical Physics" and were true only until Max
>Planck's phlogiston theory replaced Heisenberg's string theory as a
>better explanation for the molecular composition of the luminiferous
>ether. In 2011, we now understand the Law of the Conservation of
>Entropy and how it correlates to the Intelligent Design of the cosmos.

well i'm glad you cleared that up.

PD will be along shortly to register his objections...

His Exalted Highness the Mahārāja Giuzishavd Puzidatskwurtz

Feb 9, 2011, 6:07:43 PM2/9/11

You sound terrified, Madame.

Armageddon Fred

Feb 9, 2011, 11:10:46 PM2/9/11
Doc Johnson <the.doc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Einstein's First Law, F=ma, states that Entropy Can Neither Be Created
>Nor Destroyed.

ROFL!

PD

Feb 10, 2011, 9:54:59 AM2/10/11

So... nothing?

Rev. Eaton B. Verre

Feb 10, 2011, 4:35:17 PM2/10/11
On Feb 9, 12:52 pm, John Baker <nu...@bizniz.net> wrote:

Are you a Jew?

Rt. Rev. Eaton B. Verre
Good and Godly Christain

"Since 1979: HEAling HEAthens, who can now go to HEAven!"

Rev. Eaton B. Verre

Feb 10, 2011, 4:36:11 PM2/10/11
On Feb 9, 12:29 pm, Conan the bacterium

Yeah. HE'S the dumb one.

HTH

:-)

Rev. Eaton B. Verre

Feb 10, 2011, 4:36:56 PM2/10/11

Huh?

Rev. Eaton B. Verre

Feb 10, 2011, 4:37:31 PM2/10/11
On Feb 9, 3:50 pm, Brian E. Clark
<brianecl...@address.invalid.invalid> wrote:
> In article <93k3l6pmhsdku1ten7hq9gg2us5ep41...@4ax.com>,
> the.doc12554...@yahoo.com says...

> > Einstein's First Law, F=ma, states that Entropy Can Neither Be Created
> > Nor Destroyed.
>
> Some say extropy will conquer entropy. But I think extropy
> will eventually run out of steam...

All rather unimportant in teh end. God makes the Call.

Rt. Rev. Eaton B. Verre
Good and Godly Christain

"Since 1979: HEAling HEAthens, who can now go to HEAven!"

Scott Balneaves

Feb 10, 2011, 7:07:12 PM2/10/11
In alt.atheism Doc Johnson <the.doc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Einstein's First Law, F=ma, states that Entropy Can Neither Be Created
> Nor Destroyed.

Yeah, but the Schrodenberg uncertainty principle states that we can never know
how fast God's going in that box, and if we open it to take a look, all we find
are delicious puff pastries!

So it's kind of a wash.

> "The fool that said in his heart, there is no God" -- Psalms 14.1
>

> "God does not play poker" -- Einstein

No no, quote it right. It's "God does not play Crazy 8's", and it's by
Nicolai Tesla.

> Doc Johnson
> Nucular Physicist and published member of ICR
> (I know how to spell Nuclear, but I prefer to spell it the way its pronounced.)

I've been known to ask for bona fides from physicists, but you seem legit.

Message has been deleted

pete

Feb 10, 2011, 10:36:02 PM2/10/11
Scott Balneaves wrote:

> In alt.atheism Doc Johnson <the.doc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Einstein's First Law, F=ma,
> > states that Entropy Can Neither Be Created
> > Nor Destroyed.
>
> Yeah,

No.

"F=ma" is a lot closer to what Newton wrote
than it is to anything that Einstein ever said.

"F=ma" says nothing about entropy.

--
pete

Message has been deleted

PD

Feb 10, 2011, 10:57:58 PM2/10/11
On Feb 10, 9:50 pm, Doc Johnson <thedoc1598...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 22:36:02 -0500, pete <pfil...@mindspring.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Scott Balneaves wrote:

> >> Yeah,
>
> >No.
>
> >"F=ma" is a lot closer to what Newton wrote
> >than it is to anything that Einstein ever said.
>
> Ya think?

> >"F=ma" says nothing about entropy.
>
> But you can't deny the Law of the Conservation of Entropy, right?

I've already asked you this question and you haven't responded. What
law of conservation of entropy?
Physics first.

> Doc Johnson
> Nucular Physicist and published member of ICR

> (I know how to spell Nuclear, but I prefer to spell it the way its supposed too be pronounced.)

Message has been deleted

Tim Miller

Feb 10, 2011, 11:15:04 PM2/10/11
Doc Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 22:55:27 -0500, Tim Miller
> <replyton...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Doc Johnson wrote:

>>> Ya think?

>>> But you can't deny the Law of the Conservation of Entropy, right?
>>>
>>> Doc Johnson
>>> Nucular Physicist and published member of ICR
>>> (I know how to spell Nuclear, but I prefer to spell it the way its supposed too be pronounced.)
>> How many nyms ARE you using at the moment? I've only been back
>> for a day, so I've only spotted 3...
>>

> Just 3 so far.
>
>> (And those aren't very good...)
>
> Oh damn. And I was trying *so* hard to meet your expectations!

I seriously doubt you're capable. But PLEASE, don't let me dissuade you!
For the next 60 seconds or so, it's at least possible you'll continue
to amuse me!

Message has been deleted

Tut-ank-clay-ton

Scott Balneaves

Feb 11, 2011, 1:20:02 AM2/11/11
In alt.atheism Doc Johnson <thedoc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 00:07:12 +0000 (UTC), Scott Balneaves
> <sbal...@alburg.net> wrote:
>
>>In alt.atheism Doc Johnson <the.doc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Einstein's First Law, F=ma, states that Entropy Can Neither Be Created
>>> Nor Destroyed.
>>
>>Yeah, but the Schrodenberg uncertainty principle states that we can never know
>>how fast God's going in that box, and if we open it to take a look, all we find
>>are delicious puff pastries!
>>
>>So it's kind of a wash.
>>

> Very true. I'd forgotten to mention Schrodenberg. Thanks for your
> correction.

>>> "The fool that said in his heart, there is no God" -- Psalms 14.1
>>>
>>> "God does not play poker" -- Einstein
>>
>>No no, quote it right. It's "God does not play Crazy 8's", and it's by
>>Nicolai Tesla.
>>

> Ah, I see! Then what did Einstein say?

"Ach! Vere iss dat damned serfing-girl!? Mein bier-schtein ist der EMPTY!"
-- Albert "Two Pints" Einstein.

Little known fact: Einstein's famous thought experiment: if you are travelling
at the speed of light, and you try to pour a beer in a glass, you'll DEFINITELY
get some of it on your shirt.

>>> Doc Johnson
>>> Nucular Physicist and published member of ICR
>>> (I know how to spell Nuclear, but I prefer to spell it the way its pronounced.)
>>
>>I've been known to ask for bona fides from physicists, but you seem legit.
>

> Thank you. As do you. :)

> Doc Johnson
> Nucular Physicist and published member of ICR

> (I know how to spell Nuclear, but I prefer to spell it the way its supposed too be pronounced.)

Message has been deleted

Devils Advocaat

Feb 11, 2011, 10:36:14 AM2/11/11
On Feb 8, 11:25 pm, Doc Johnson <the.doc12554...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Einstein's First Law,

Did Einstein compose any laws of physics?

> F=ma,

The above is nothing to do with Einstein.

> states that Entropy Can Neither Be Created
> Nor Destroyed.

Wrong.

> "The fool that said in his heart, there is no God" -- Psalms 14.1
>
> "God does not play poker" -- Einstein
>

> Doc Johnson
> Nucular Physicist and published member of ICR
> (I know how to spell Nuclear, but I prefer to spell it the way its pronounced.)

Then you should spell it nookleeah :P

Message has been deleted