Boy, 16, and two others charged with rape and murder of dad-of-one

1 view

UK queens

Sep 24, 2022, 6:05:21 PMSep 24
A teenage boy is among three people charged with raping and murdering a
31-year-old father-of-one.

Adam Clapham, who is survived by a young daughter, was found unresponsive
at an address in Spring Street, Rotherham, on the day of the Queen’s
funeral.

Emergency services were called shortly before 11am but he was pronounced
dead at the scene.

The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested along with
Robert Crookes, 31, of no fixed address, and Lynette Myers, 38, of
Rotherham.

They are also accused of false imprisonment and grievous bodily harm with
intent.

Martin Shaw, 43, of Rotherham, has also been charged with assisting an
offender.

All four defendants were due to appear before Sheffield Magistrates’ Court
on Friday.

Detectives are still urging anyone who might have information on the case
to come forward.

A teenage boy is among three people charged with raping and murdering a
31-year-old father-of-one.

Adam Clapham, 31, was found dead at a property in Rotherham on the day of
the Queen’s funeral
Adam Clapham, 31, was found dead at a property in Rotherham on the day of
the Queen’s funeral
© Provided by Metro
[...]

Four people appeared in court in relation to the murder on Spring Street
(Picture: Google)
Four people appeared in court in relation to the murder on Spring Street
(Picture: Google)
© Provided by Metro
Ch Supt Laura Koscikiewicz, district commander for Rotherham, previously
said: ‘We continue to make progress and piece together the circumstances
which have led to the tragic death of this young man.

‘We have been conducting several enquiries in the surrounding area and
there are a small number of scenes in place as our investigations
continue.

‘Officers remain in the area carrying out patrols. We understand incidents
of this nature cause great concern among the local community, and we will
remain in your neighbourhoods over the coming days to provide additional
reassurance to local residents.’

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at web...@metro.co.uk.

<https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/boy-16-and-two-others-charged-with-
rape-and-murder-of-dad-of-one/ar-
AA12bz0w?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c9f1b78f26ab447a89c879ff07004d95>