Re: Portland Thorns FC lesbian pervert head coach resigns after team concerns over relationship with player

1 view

Mary E. Junck Chairman

Dec 3, 2022, 4:05:04 AM12/3/22
In article <GkckJ.47638$VS2....@fx44.iad>
Lustern <luster...@zombie.org> wrote:

> Go Brandon! You stupid dick sucker.

PORTLAND, Ore. — Just a day after Portland Thorns FC owner
Merritt Paulson informed the public his decision to sell the
team, Thorns head coach Rhian Wilkinson has announced that she
will resign this month.

A Friday morning press release informed on Wilkinson's
resignation and noted an investigation by the National Women's
Soccer League and Player's Association that had cleared
Wilkinson.

In a tweeted personal statement, Wilkinson said that she had
formed a friendship with a player that had turned into more
'complex emotions.' Wilkinson stated she self-reported to HR and
was cleared of any wrongdoing after the league's investigation
into player safety and any potential power imbalance in their
professional relationship.

Wilkinson explained that the Thorns players had asked for her
resignation following the situation and that she was complying.

“The narrative regarding my actions has now taken on a life of
its own, and as a result I can understand that the Portland
players feel hurt and have to deal with another non-soccer
related situation,” Wilkinson said.

READ MORE | Paulson to sell Portland Thorns FC after allegations
of sexual abuse, misconduct in NWSL

“The Portland Thorns and Coach Wilkinson followed all League
processes and policies and fully cooperated with this
investigation,” said NWSL Commissioner Jessica Berman. “The
joint investigative team conducted a thorough investigation that
resulted in a finding of no violation of League policies.”

“I would like to thank the Portland Thorns organization, the
fans, the staff, and most importantly the players for a
remarkable year,” said Wilkinson. “During my time in Portland I
have met some incredible people and been fortunate enough to
coach some of the best players in the game.”

Wilkinson was announced as Portland’s head coach ahead of the
2022 season on Nov. 29, 2021. In her lone season at the helm,
Portland posted a record of 10-3-9 and won the club’s league-
best third NWSL Championship.

This resignation is just the latest in an ongoing string of
departures. Following the NWSL investigation, multiple Thorns FC
management figures resigned or were terminated. Paulson stepped
down as CEO (but remained owner) in October, and the Thorns'
Presidents of Soccer and Business were terminated the same month.

https://katu.com/news/local/thorns-fc-head-coach-announces-
resignation-just-a-day-after-report-of-teams-sale#

Mary E. Junck Chairman

Dec 30, 2022, 9:50:04 AM12/30/22
In article <sta407$s3oe$3...@news.freedyn.de>