Re: Teacher Pamela Ricard wins $95K over LGBTQIA+ push to 'deceive' parents about students' gender identity

Lock Them Up!

Sep 19, 2022, 2:45:03 AMSep 19
In article <t08bpp$29s8m$4...@news.freedyn.de>
<governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...Queers should not be allowed near children.
> LGBTQIA+ monkeypox is a fucking gay disease, so stop lying about it.

A retired Kansas teacher won $95,000 in a lawsuit against the
Geary County school district after administrators attempted to
force her to deceive parents about their student’s gender
identity.

Pamela Ricard, 58, argued that school administrators in Kansas
had demanded that she use students’ preferred gender pronouns in
classrooms, but avoid using those terms when speaking to
parents. Ricard sued, arguing such deception was against her
Christian beliefs.

The district agreed to settle on Wednesday, and Ricard and her
attorneys at the Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) withdrew the
lawsuit.

“No school district should ever force teachers to willfully
deceive parents or engage in any speech that violates their
deeply held religious beliefs,” ADF Senior Counsel Tyson
Langhofer said in a statement.

“We’re pleased to settle this case favorably on behalf of Pam,
and we hope that it will encourage school districts across the
country to support the constitutionally protected freedom of
teachers to teach and communicate honestly with both children
and parents.”

Administrators at Fort Riley Middle School reprimanded and
suspended Ricard in 2021 after she referred to a transgender
student by the student’s legal name and pronouns. Nevertheless,
they demanded that Ricard use that same legal name in any
interactions with the student’s parents, according to the ADF.

“The Geary County School District unsuccessfully tried to
convince a federal court that a teacher should completely avoid
using a child’s name during a parent-teacher conference in order
to hide new names and genders being used by the school for a
child in a classroom,” ADF Attorney Joshua Ney said. “Absurdity
and deception has its limits, especially in federal court. I’m
glad the case clarifies the financial stakes for school boards
if they attempt to force teachers to lie to parents about their
students.”

Ricard retired from her teaching job in May. The district school
board rescinded its policy of deceiving parents soon after
Ricard filed her lawsuit.

Comments:

James Cuccinello

Why did it matter that her religion had to come into it? Why
isn’t doing the right thing enough? If you’re instructed to lie
that’s a sign right there of a problem. Glad she won but frankly
doing the right thing Should be the deciding factor not any
religious belief system.

https://nypost.com/2022/09/01/pamela-ricard-wins-95k-in-student-
gender-identity-suit/