Everything Is Fine: An Anonymous Teammate Claims The Cardinals 'Created A Monster' By Giving Kyler Murray That Huge Contract

progressive

Jan 16, 2023, 12:47:21 AM1/16/23
Bally Sports
@BallySports
·
Follow
“It was like they created a monster"

That's what a veteran Cardinals player said about teammate Kyler Murray on
Sunday to @mikesilver, who details the matter. ??

[Source] - After quarterback Kyler Murray fought for and received a
massive (five years, $230.5 million) contract extension of his own last
July, “it was like they created a monster,” according to one Cardinals
veteran I spoke to last Sunday. Once paid, the veteran said, Murray felt
less compulsion to study his game plan or to fulfill the expectations of
the franchise QB position than he had in the past, and the Cardinals’
collapse felt predictable.

Wait, you thought a man who got ridiculously rich (compared to just real
rich) was going to study more? In what world does that ever happen? Part
of me respects the shit out of Kyler. All we heard this offseason was how
he just wants to play Call of Duty and not study the playbook. There was
the whole homework clause disaster:

My biggest problem here? Put your name on it. Don't be a teammate who goes
anonymous to call your quarterback (who might miss all of next season) a
monster. If you're going to say something like that have the balls to put
it publicly. I'm sure the locker room will figure it out or at least get
close enough to figure it out.

The Cardinals are already in hell. They have this to deal with. They don't
have a coach. They don't have a GM. They are starting all over a season
after giving Murray that massive extension. Good luck!

Again, what did the Cardinals expect here? This is what you signed up for
and now you're in hell because of it - along with some other reasons. But
to have a current teammate put this statement out? Yeah, not great. Good
news is the playoffs are starting so this will get buried in a day.

Poor Cortez.

Comments:

JustTheTwoOfUs
2 days ago

Franchise stalling move by whoever decided to give him that contract. An
average QB who hasn’t accomplished much with a well known attitude
problem… was never gonna work out, i don’t understand how GMs give big
contracts to a QB who isn’t top 5 in the league. It never works out.
EVER!!!

Samwise578
2 days ago

Don't forget, extremely injury prone from normal NFL hits because he's so
undersized. Doesn't matter now, he'll be an entitled dipshît, with
generational wealth. So he gets to laugh while he sits on áss playing COD.

Stop11791
2 days ago

So h e gets to sit on a booster seat playing COD...thought id adjust that
for ya

<https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3452169/everything-is-fine-an-