Re: Diversity hiring has gone out of control

Biden diversity hires nuclear...

Jan 28, 2024, 8:13:56 PMJan 28
On 24 Aug 2023, "Happy Trump Surrender Day!" <now...@protonmail.com>
posted some news:uc7qkc$3gou0$2...@dont-email.me:

> Mentally ill liberals don't care about safety.

The Federal Aviation Administration recently faced intense backlash after
its “diversity and inclusion” recruitment efforts surfaced online.

Among the many demographics the FAA is currently recruiting, the
organization actively seeks people with severe physical and mental
disabilities to join its ranks.

“Targeted disabilities are those disabilities that the Federal government,
as a matter of policy, has identified for special emphasis in recruitment
and hiring,” the FAA says. “They include hearing, vision, missing
extremities, partial paralysis, complete paralysis, epilepsy, severe
intellectual disability, psychiatric disability and dwarfism.”

At first glance, the FAA’s new diversity initiative seems absolutely
deranged. However, anyone who has attended a university or worked in a
corporate setting in the past few years likely would not be surprised.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion ideology has engulfed virtually every
major institution of American society, tossing aside qualifications and
merit in favor of so-called “equity.”

Diversity initiatives are nothing new. They have been a cornerstone of the
corporate world since the conclusion of the Civil Rights Movement, an
effort to help black Americans gain access to institutions that
historically excluded them. These initiatives, which were initially
exclusive to blacks, quickly expanded to include other supposedly
oppressed groups, such as Native Americans and Latinos.

Though one can argue these initiatives may have been well-intentioned, it
is clear that they ended up empowering groups to cash in on grievances —
whether justified or imagined. For instance, the second-generation
offspring of two wealthy Nigerian American corporate executives benefits
from the same diversity hiring initiatives as a poor slavery descendant
living in rural Mississippi. The narrow definition of “diversity” in these
initiatives makes them easily corrupted by people who share superficial
commonalities with the intended class but ultimately do not share much in
common with them at all.

Americans were always uneasy about giving certain preferred groups
advantages in competitive arenas such as hiring and university admissions
to remedy the past. How can a society fix discrimination by actively
discriminating?

A June 2023 Pew Research Center poll confirmed that Americans are largely
divided on DEI efforts in the workplace. Fifty-eight percent of
respondents indicated support for efforts to increase diversity and
inclusion in the workplace. However, only 32% of respondents agreed that
racial diversity is “extremely or very important” in their workplace. A
plurality, 38%, answered that diversity is “not too/not at all important.”

These results suggest that though Americans support diversity as a broad
ideal, they do not view it as a priority in a workplace setting.

Furthermore, more “benign” forms of affirmation, such as outreach efforts,
have been replaced by hard quotas. In 2021, United Airlines faced backlash
over setting a goal of enrolling a pilot-training class composed of 50%
women and minorities.

As the mounting backlash against DEI continues, will institutions continue
the quest for equal outcomes, even at the expense of becoming less safe
and competent? Is it worth making Americans more suspicious and resentful
of each other?

Corey Walker is a Washington, D.C.-based reporter who focuses on
institutional capture, education, and public safety.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/diversity-hiring-has-gone-out-of-
control/ar-BB1hnoid

pothead

Jan 29, 2024, 12:10:05 PMJan 29
I can't wait until the FAA hires a pilot who is a black, trans woman who is blind.
What could possibly go wrong?
SMH.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024.

Lou Bricano

Jan 29, 2024, 12:36:26 PMJan 29
On 1/29/2024 9:10 AM, pothead wrote:
> On 2024-01-29, Biden diversity hires nuclear... <biden-dive...@jan6.org> wrote:
>> On 24 Aug 2023, "Happy Trump Surrender Day!" <now...@protonmail.com>
>> posted some news:uc7qkc$3gou0$2...@dont-email.me:
>>
>>> Mentally ill liberals don't care about safety.
>>
>> The Federal Aviation Administration recently faced intense backlash after
>> its “diversity and inclusion” recruitment efforts surfaced online.
>>
>> [load of bullshit]
>>
> I can't wait until the FAA hires a pilot who is a black, trans woman who is blind.
The FAA doesn't hire pilots, "pothole"/"Sakran" Airlines hire pilots.

Sightedness is a valid hiring criterion for pilots, "pothole"/"Sakran"

Governor Swill

Jan 29, 2024, 4:36:17 PMJan 29
On Mon, 29 Jan 2024 17:10:03 -0000 (UTC), pothead <pot...@snakebite.com> wrote:

>I can't wait until the FAA hires a pilot who is a black, trans woman who is blind.
>What could possibly go wrong?

Let's hope they seat you in first class for that flight.

Swill
--
A Republican making sense:
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2023/10/15/sotu-crenshaw-full.cnn

It's really hard to screw up America.
A lot of people have been trying for well over 250 years
but we're still on top. - Dan Crenshaw (R) Texas

GO TRUMP! Go farther . . . FARTHER . . . I CAN STILL HEAR YOU!

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Sam Brinton Nuclear Suitcase Thief

Jan 29, 2024, 4:55:03 PMJan 29

pothead

Jan 29, 2024, 10:39:17 PMJan 29
On 2024-01-29, Governor Swill <governo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jan 2024 17:10:03 -0000 (UTC), pothead <pot...@snakebite.com> wrote:
>
>>I can't wait until the FAA hires a pilot who is a black, trans woman who is blind.
>>What could possibly go wrong?
>
> Let's hope they seat you in first class for that flight.
>
> Swill

I travel a lot and always first class.
I have enough frequent flyer miles collected to fly to the moon and back 5 times.

Correction though I should have said FAA ALLOWS instead of hires.