2024 Watch: Pompeo to accuse Biden of treating Americans 'like enemies' in high-profile New Hampshire speech

zinn

Sep 23, 2022, 3:38:49 AM9/23/22
Pompeo to take aim at Biden after the President criticized ‘MAGA
Republicans,’ who he argues embraced ‘semi-facism’

EXCLUSIVE: Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will take aim at
President Biden on Tuesday in a high-profile speech in New Hampshire, the
state that for a century’s held the first primary in the race for the
White House.

"I’m here because a few weeks ago, the President of the United States gave
a speech and smeared half the country as enemies of the state. He
essentially said if you’re pro-life or you oppose his policies, you’re a
threat," Pompeo will charge as he headlines the latest edition of
‘Politics and Eggs’ at the New Hampshire Institute of Politics.

The speaking series at St. Anselm College, just outside of Manchester, has
been a must-stop for nearly a quarter-century for actual and potential
White House hopefuls of both major parties.

"I’m here because I’m not going to let that just slide by. I’m going to
stand up for the Americans that the President attacked. Because America
deserves better than that," Pompeo will emphasize in his address. Excerpts
of his speech were shared with Fox News on Monday.

2024 WATCH: POMPEO HEADED BACK TO NEW HAMPSHIRE

Pompeo is referring to some heated language the president used recently in
targeting "MAGA Republicans," who he argues have embraced "semi-fascism"
due to their continued loyalty to former President Donald Trump.

The president, in a primetime address at Philadelphia’s Independence
National Historical Park, where the Declaration of Independence and the
nation’s Constitution were debated and signed — argued that "too much of
what’s happening in our country today is not normal. Donald Trump and the
MAGA Republicans represent extremism that threatens the very foundations
of our republic."

BIDEN INJECTS SOME UNCERTAINTY INTO 2024 WITH HIS ‘MUCH TOO EARLY’ RE-
ELECTION COMMENTS

Biden’s more aggressive language of late appears to be a move to alter the
midterms narrative from a referendum on Biden and congressional Democrats
and their record steering the country — amid record inflation, soaring
crime, and border security — to a choice election between Biden and Trump
and a battle to save democracy. The president’s new push made national
headlines but also received plenty of pushback from Republicans.

Pompeo on Tuesday will also fire back, saying, "Mr. President: I do not
know your heart. But I do know that treating your countrymen like enemies
is a rejection of the principles that make America great."

And he will argue that Biden gave "one of the most divisive presidential
speeches in American history. … He used two Marines as window dressing
while he attacked half of our nation as enemies. … While none of us know
the president’s heart, we do know his ideology. Because we see the impact
every day. I can sum up the president’s principles in three words: Woke,
weak, and waffling."

CHECK OUT THE LATEST EDITION OF OUR WEEKLY FOX NEWS 2024 COLUMN

Pompeo, whom pundits view as a potential 2024 GOP presidential contender,
will also stress that "now more than ever, we need to believe that America
is worth fighting for again. We need conservative leadership that believes
it too; leaders who will celebrate that it is exceptional and never
apologize for it."

The West Point graduate and Army armor and calvary officer stationed in
West Germany during the Cold War who was later elected to Congress from
Kansas before serving as CIA director and America’s top diplomat in the
Trump administration, has made numerous stops the past year and a half in
New Hampshire as well as Iowa, South Carolina and Nevada, the other three
early voting states in the Republican presidential nominating calendar.

Pompeo, a Fox News contributor, has repeatedly said that he’ll make a
decision on 2024 following the November midterm elections.

But last week, speaking to the Navy Seal Foundation Midwest Evening of
Tribute in Chicago, Pompeo revealed more about his potential White House
run.

"We’ve got a team in Iowa, a team in New Hampshire and South Carolina. And
that’s not random. We are doing the things one would do to get ready,"
Pompeo shared.

And taking a friendly jab his former boss, Pompeo joked that "unlike
others, if I go down an escalator, no one will notice."

Pompeo was referring to Trump’s famous ride down an escalator at Trump
Tower in New York City in 2015 as he announced his White House run.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/2024-watch-pompeo-accuse-biden-treating-
americans-like-enemies-high-profile-new-hampshire-speech