Democrats awaiting Trump's 2024 decision before dumping Biden: Sexton

zinn

Sep 23, 2022, 3:09:21 AM9/23/22
Democrat Govs. J.B. Pritzker of Illinois and Gavin Newsom of California
are considered potential replacements for Biden in 2024

Buck Sexton: Biden administration does not see the world as it is
Former CIA analyst and retired Marine Johnny Joey Jones discuss the
president's Ukraine strategy ahead of the State of the Union.

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
While Democrats have been publicly distancing themselves from President
Biden, they ultimately will not fully abandon the Delaware Democrat until
one key 2024 question has been decided, former CIA officer Buck Sexton
predicted Tuesday.

Former President Trump, who is often referred to by Biden simply as "my
predecessor", has been making overtures toward a potential return to the
electoral stage, but has yet to make an official decision, Sexton said on
"The Clay Travis & Buck Sexton Show."

Sexton pointed to recent opinion pieces in reliably pro-establishment or
left-wing newspapers offering similar conjecture about Biden's political
fitness for a 2024 reelection bid. For his part, the president has said he
remains certain he is running for a second term.

"I don’t pretend to have it set-in-stone here… I don't even think Joe
Biden knows what's going to happen," Sexton said.

Clay Travis and Buck Sexton (Fox/Composite)

"[T]hey really want to see who the Republican is looking to be, as in
‘Does Trump announce? When does he announce?’" said Sexton.

Sexton predicted Democrats want to find out whether Trump will run again
so that they can look at the results of subsequent polling to see if Biden
is a politically advantageous candidate to help keep their party in power.

If Trump were to announce a bid and pollsters see disaffected Republicans
or other voters returning to the Biden camp or giving his reelection bid a
good chance, they may decide not to abandon their incumbent, he suggested.

LATEST HUNTER BIDEN STORIES SHOW MEDIA FINALLY HAS THE KNIVES OUT FOR JOE:
SEXTON

"[W]e’re getting to the ‘nowhere to go but up’ part of the Biden
presidency in a lot of people’s minds, at least economically speaking. I
believe the Democrats think that Joe Biden is their best match up against
Trump," he continued.

The Democratic Party similarly believes that Biden would not be their best
candidate against any other Republican with the White House's multiple
crises and plummeting support, Sexton added, naming Florida Gov. Ron
DeSantis – who has also been floated for the presidency.

JEFF BEZOS BASHING BIDEN SIGNALS LOOMING TROUBLE FOR THE ADMINISTRATION:
CLAY TRAVIS & BUCK SEXTON

Co-host Clay Travis predicted, if Republicans sweep the midterm elections
like in 1994 or 2010, Biden's hand will ultimately be forced by February,
at which point, after some intraparty debate, he will announce his
intention to retire.

Two top national Democrats, Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker and California
Gov. Gavin Newsom, have been touted as potential Biden successors if he
bows out of the race.

Pritzker, a Hyatt Hotels heir, recently spoke out against DeSantis at a
Democratic event in Florida, while Newsom visited the White House while
Biden was overseas.

At recent rallies in Georgia and Arizona, Trump made cryptic comments
suggesting a 2024 run, but has never formally declared such.

"Do I go before or after [the midterms]," Trump asked one crowd, while
suggesting to another he "just may have to do it again."

"If I announced that I was not going to run for office, the persecution of
Donald Trump would immediately stop," he said at a recent conservative
student conference in Tampa. "But that's what they want me to do -- And
you know what? There's no chance I do that."

Charles Creitz is a reporter for Fox News Digital.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/democrats-awaiting-trumps-2024-decision-
before-dumping-biden-sexton