Re: Jamie Dimon: Trump was right about key issues and bashing MAGA will hurt Biden

Harris Stupid

Feb 17, 2024, 5:03:50 PMFeb 17
On 05 Sep 2022, bruce bowser <bruce2...@gmail.com> posted some
news:0ceac98f-9dac-4668...@googlegroups.com:

> Only Democrats think they're smart. Everyone else thinks they are
> mentally ill.

Jamie Dimon has a warning for Democrats: Don’t dismiss Trump supporters
as people who are exclusively attracted to his personality. Former
President Donald Trump was right about some critical issues, the
JPMorgan CEO says.

“I wish the Democrats would think a little more carefully when they talk
about MAGA,” Dimon told CNBC on Wednesday from the World Economic Forum
in Davos.

Dimon, who has clashed with Trump in the past and previously described
himself as “barely a Democrat,” said that people are “basically
scape-goating” Trump supporters. He said Democrats use the “MAGA” label
to accuse Trump supporters of being like the former president instead of
listening to their underlying concerns.

“I don’t think they are voting for Trump because of his family values,”
Dimon said. “Just take a step back and be honest: He was kind of right
about NATO. He was kind of right about immigration. He grew the economy
quite well. Tax reform worked.”

Dimon went on to say Trump was also right about some his criticism of
China.

“I don’t like how he said things about Mexico,” Dimon said, referring to
Trump’s 2015 announcement of his candidacy when he said the country was
sending criminals and rapists into the United States. “But he wasn’t
wrong about some of these critical issues and that’s why they’re voting
for him.”

Of course, Trump’s critics would argue that his policies failed to
address underlying issues such as inequality and illegal immigration.
Many of Trump’s opponents argue his alleged criminal behavior while in
office and after he left office should preclude him from winning the
Republican nomination. Trump faces 91 charges in four criminal cases,
including for efforts to overturn the 2020 election. He has denied any
wrongdoing.

Still, Dimon’s comments are notable not just because Dimon is one of the
most influential CEOs in the world but because in the past the JPMorgan
boss has butted heads with Trump.

In May, Dimon said Trump doesn’t understand the debt ceiling and what’s
at stake, telling Bloomberg Television it’s just “one more thing he
doesn’t know very much about.”

Dimon’s support for Trump presidential rival Nikki Haley has also irked
the former president.

“Highly overrated Globalist Jamie Dimon, the CEO of JPMORGAN, is quietly
pushing another non-MAGA person, Nikki Haley, for President,” Trump said
in a post on Truth Social in late November. “I’ve never been a big Jamie
Dimon fan, but had to live with this guy when he came begging to the
White House. I guess I don’t have to live with him anymore, and that’s a
really good thing.”

Still, Dimon on Wednesday urged Trump critics to be “a little more
respectful of our fellow citizens” and ask why they are supporting
Trump. He noted previous comments from Democrats criticizing voters,
recalling Hillary Clinton’s 2016 description of some Trump supporters as
“deplorables” and former President Barack Obama’s 2008 comments about
people in the Midwest clinging to “guns or religion.”

“I mean, really?” Dimon said. “Can we stop that stuff and actually grow
up and treat other people respectfully and listen to them a little
bit?…I think this negative talk about MAGA is going to hurt Biden’s
election campaign.”

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/17/business/jamie-dimon-trump-maga/index.html