Re: Idaho Republican loons pass bill to "absorb" eastern Oregon counties

Siri Cruise

Mar 14, 2023, 9:27:33 PM3/14/23
In article
<super70s-AB2E6D...@reader01.eternal-september.org>,
super70s <supe...@super70s.invalid> wrote:

> Guess they've been following the Republicans' authoritarian hero Putin
> and his annexation of Ukraine and think it'll work over here.
>
> Those Oregonians though, they'll probably fight to the death to defend
> their homeland.

States determine internal political divisions themselves. Between
states has to get approval of congress.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I am an Andrea Chen sockpuppet. insults Islam. Mohammed

Vincent

Mar 15, 2023, 6:58:42 AM3/15/23
On 3/14/2023 8:27 PM, Siri Cruise wrote:
> In article
> <super70s-AB2E6D...@reader01.eternal-september.org>,
> super70s <supe...@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Guess they've been following the Republicans' authoritarian hero Putin
>> and his annexation of Ukraine and think it'll work over here.
>>
>> Those Oregonians though, they'll probably fight to the death to defend
>> their homeland.
>
> States determine internal political divisions themselves. Between
> states has to get approval of congress.

Some states have a solid contract to allow succession. Which would
indicate that 2 or more states with that so called privilege, would be
in position to redraw their common borders.The Democrats have implied
the right to split California into two states with common borders of
their choice.The Civil war was alleged to have resolved Federal
superiority over the states in all matters, Supreme court scholars
believe that eventually it will come to a head and the constitutional
state rights will prevail. While the Term, United states is used, we are
actually un-united politically. Texas, Massachusetts and others claim
sovereignty going back to colonial days...and they never agreed to
nullify that claim. With almost half of the country at odds with the
other half and the massive mess our finances, political agendas and joke
foreign policy, There is no easy or no feasible answer on the Horizon.
Many of our top leadership stands to be treasonous and nothing is being
done to stop it. Our Top General outed a Presidents policy on China and
got away with it, Our newest President and his son stand accused of
accepting $Billions in bribes and treason, Sedition et al. We can no
longer even trust our own elections either. Our FBI, CIA and others have
been weaponized to punish conservatives. What the Hell are we waiting
for? Term limits and cut the party politics out.

Governor Swill

Mar 15, 2023, 7:27:33 AM3/15/23
On Tue, 14 Mar 2023 19:57:23 -0500, super70s <supe...@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>Guess they've been following the Republicans' authoritarian hero Putin
>and his annexation of Ukraine and think it'll work over here.
>
>Those Oregonians though, they'll probably fight to the death to defend
>their homeland.

I read somewhere that eastern Oregonians supported the move.

Yeah, here it is. "Counties in Eastern Oregon push to secede"
<https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/west/greater-idaho-oregon-secede/>

There are other references as well. These counties didn't vote to secede but did vote to
explore legal secession.
<https://tinyurl.com/p43nkpp7>
<https://www.verifythis.com/article/news/verify/elections-verify/california-illinois-and-oregon-counties-did-not-vote-to-secede-elections-fact-check/536-f2dda12c-9d94-4c3f-862d-b640959d0b7a>

Swill
--
Welcome to reality. Enjoy your visit!

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Siri Cruise

Mar 15, 2023, 8:43:57 AM3/15/23
In article <tus8d0$rjsc$1...@dont-email.me>,
Vincent <Vi...@Letuci.org> wrote:

> Some states have a solid contract to allow succession. Which would
> indicate that 2 or more states with that so called privilege, would be
> in position to redraw their common borders.The Democrats have implied

IV 3

New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but
no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction
of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of
two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of
the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the
Congress.

Vincent

Mar 16, 2023, 1:28:21 AM3/16/23
On 3/15/2023 7:43 AM, Siri Cruise wrote:
> In article <tus8d0$rjsc$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Vincent <Vi...@Letuci.org> wrote:
>
>> Some states have a solid contract to allow succession. Which would
>> indicate that 2 or more states with that so called privilege, would be
>> in position to redraw their common borders.The Democrats have implied
>
> IV 3
>
> New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but
> no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction
> of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of
> two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of
> the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the
> Congress.

Not exactly the way things have gone and not exactly the way they will
go. Congress is now a failing institution as is a large part of our
so-called Government. The future is a roll of the dice now. Thank you
Democrats, Republicans and other greed/power fools. The Dakotas have
long been considered for becoming one state. Montana and Wyoming have
considered it. Oregon and Idaho have long been hot spots. I am not sure
that Vladimir Putin has it in mind for Russia to become our 51st state.

Vincent

Mar 16, 2023, 1:34:51 AM3/16/23
On 3/15/2023 10:53 AM, super70s wrote:
> In article <tus8d0$rjsc$1...@dont-email.me>, Vincent <Vi...@Letuci.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Our Top General outed a Presidents policy on China and got away with it,
>
> bullshit

Is that your real name or just the one you use on your working street
corner?

>> Our newest President and his son stand accused of accepting $Billions in
>> bribes and treason, Sedition et al.
>
> bullshit

Is that your real name or just the one you use on your working street
corner?

>> We can no longer even trust our own elections either.
>
> bullshit

Is that your real name or just the one you use on your working street
corner?

Vincent

Mar 16, 2023, 1:38:05 AM3/16/23
On 3/15/2023 10:46 AM, super70s wrote:
> In article <kja31i98akss614so...@4ax.com>,
> Governor Swill <governo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 14 Mar 2023 19:57:23 -0500, super70s <supe...@super70s.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Guess they've been following the Republicans' authoritarian hero Putin
>>> and his annexation of Ukraine and think it'll work over here.
>>>
>>> Those Oregonians though, they'll probably fight to the death to defend
>>> their homeland.
>>
>> I read somewhere that eastern Oregonians supported the move.
>
> They can move to friggin' Idaho if they don't like how Oregon is
> governed.
>
> I'm in a state governed by a supermajority of rural Republican
> peckerwoods but I deal with it (lately they've been doing blatant power
> grabs from the biggest city's self-governance like ordering the city
> council to get rid of half its members and eliminating run off elections
> -- it's being fought in court).
>
> Why should Oregon forfeit 3/4 of their territory and lose their share of
> representation in D.C., and whatever commercial use all that land has??

If you don't like it ...move to Siberia or Northern China, where you
will fit right in.

Siri Cruise

Mar 16, 2023, 1:45:58 AM3/16/23
In article <tuu9dj$19kjn$1...@dont-email.me>,
Vincent <Vi...@Letuci.org> wrote:

> Not exactly the way things have gone and not exactly the way they will
> go. Congress is now a failing institution as is a large part of our

Since the constitution has no mechanism for your false god to be
annointed president, magoo republicans want to trash the
constitution.

Siri Cruise

Mar 16, 2023, 1:47:34 AM3/16/23
In article <tuu9vq$19kjn$3...@dont-email.me>,
Vincent <Vi...@Letuci.org> wrote:

> If you don't like it ...move to Siberia or Northern China, where you
> will fit right in.

So anywhere the constitution doesn't apply.

Governor Swill

Mar 16, 2023, 3:52:20 AM3/16/23
Seems a good bit of thought was put into this piece but there is a great deal that is
confusing or unclear. More worryingly, very little is cited and the piece is extremely
vague in spots.

Copy edit notes:

Some states [examples?] have a solid contract [replace with 'have agreements'] to allow
succession [secession] which would indicate that 2 [two] or more states with that so
called [delete 'so called'] privilege [cumbersome - rewrite] would be in position to
[privilege...could] redraw their common borders [incomplete - elaborate]. The Democrats
[which ones? - where?] have implied the right to split California into two states with
common borders of their choice. [cite legislation - cumbersome - rewrite]

The Civil war was alleged to have [delete: was alleged to have] resolved Federal
superiority [supremacy] over the states in all matters, [period] Supreme court scholars
[who?] believe that eventually it will come to a head and the constitutional [delete 'the
constitutional] state [States' rights will prevail. [cite, pref w/quote]

While the Term [term - delete comma], United states [States] is used, we are
actually un-united [disunited] politically. Texas, Massachusetts and others ['other
states'] claim sovereignty going back to colonial days [reword as Texas did not exist in
colonial days] ...and they never agreed to nullify that claim. [cite claim]

With almost half of the country at odds with the other half and the massive mess our
finances, political agendas and joke foreign policy, [cite specific issues - phrase
incomplete - delete comma - finish sentence - comma] There [there] is no easy or no
[delete no] feasible answer on the Horizon [horizon].

Many of our top leadership [leaders] stands [stand] to be treasonous [delete 'to be
treasonous' add 'as traitors'] and nothing is being done to stop it [delete 'to stop it'].
Our [A] Top [top] General [general] [cite: who?] outed a Presidents [President's - which
President] policy on China [cite incident] and got away with it, [period]

Our newest [current] President and his son stand accused of accepting $Billions
['billions' or 'billions of dollars'] in bribes and [delete 'and' add 'as well as']
treason, Sedition [sedition,] et al [et al.]. We can no longer even [delete 'even'] trust
our own elections either [delete 'either']. Our [The] FBI, CIA and others [other what?]
have been weaponized to punish conservatives. What the Hell [delete profanity] are we
waiting for? Term limits and cut the party politics out [incomplete sentence - poor
grammar - rewrite].

The result:

Some states such as [insert at least three states] have agreements to allow secession
which would indicate that two or more states so privileged could redraw their common
borders without Congressional approval. Democrats have implied California has the right
to split into two states with a common border of their choice in (cite House Bill, court
decision, convention, op ed, whatever, on date ????).

The Civil War resolved Federal supremacy over the States in all matters but Supreme Court
Scholars believe that eventually it will come to a head and a SCOTUS reversal will allow
States' rights to prevail.

While the term 'United States' is used, we are actually disunited politically. (State
name) and Massachusetts for example, claim sovereignty going back to colonial days and
never agreed to nullify that claim. (cite)

With half the country at odds with the other half over national finances, political
agendas and failed foreign policy such as our dealings with China, Iran and Russia, there
are no feasible answers to this disunity on the horizon.

Many of our top leaders stand as traitors and nothing is being done. A top general,
(service branch) General (name) outed President (who?) policy on China in (year) during
(event) and got away with it. (relevant quote) Our current President and his son stand
accused of accepting billions in bribes as well as treason, sedition, et al.. We can no
longer trust our own elections. The FBI, CIA and other agencies have been weaponized to
punish conservatives.

What are we waiting for? Impose term limits on Congress and abolish political parties.

hth

Swill
NP: Tina Turner Live in Arnhem, "Goldeneye"
The Beatles, Abbey Road

Governor Swill

Mar 16, 2023, 4:04:23 AM3/16/23
On Wed, 15 Mar 2023 10:46:30 -0500, super70s <supe...@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>In article <kja31i98akss614so...@4ax.com>,
> Governor Swill <governo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 14 Mar 2023 19:57:23 -0500, super70s <supe...@super70s.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Guess they've been following the Republicans' authoritarian hero Putin
>> >and his annexation of Ukraine and think it'll work over here.
>> >
>> >Those Oregonians though, they'll probably fight to the death to defend
>> >their homeland.
>>
>> I read somewhere that eastern Oregonians supported the move.
>
>They can move to friggin' Idaho if they don't like how Oregon is
>governed.

That's hardly the point. The land is their home but their government doesn't represent
their interests. World history is filled with nightmares of poorly drawn borders. Most
of our problems in the Middle East can be traced to the piss poor way the UK divided up
the Ottoman Empire after WW I. The Ukraine war is in great part because of Stalin's
arbitrarily drawn borders and Kruschev's modification of them.

If both states and Congress agreed to change the border, so what? Look at it this way.
There will be no change in the balance of power in Congress. Both states will still get
two Senators and those eastern Oregon districts will continue to elect Republicans to the
House as they are doing today. The only change will be in state government and what
business is it of yours (or mine) how a state hundreds of miles away governs itself?

>I'm in a state governed by a supermajority of rural Republican
>peckerwoods but I deal with it (lately they've been doing blatant power
>grabs from the biggest city's self-governance like ordering the city
>council to get rid of half its members and eliminating run off elections
>-- it's being fought in court).

Ditto here. Republicans gained a population and electoral majority some years ago. They
moved the County Seat and changed the focus of government. As a result, my town has all
but died as transportation routes are reorganized and development is moved to where
developers found cheap land and local consent to develop without interference.

>Why should Oregon forfeit 3/4 of their territory and lose their share of
>representation in D.C., and whatever commercial use all that land has??

What share of representation? Do you think western Oregon will miss the Republicans
eastern Oregon keeps sending to Washington? They'll delight in losing all those
Republicans who won't be in the State legislature anymore!

Don't forget also that most of the money and population and therefore the bulk of the tax
base and congressional representation is in the west of the state.

Governor Swill

Mar 16, 2023, 8:05:32 AM3/16/23
On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 00:28:24 -0500, Vincent <Vi...@Letuci.org> wrote:

>On 3/15/2023 7:43 AM, Siri Cruise wrote:
>> In article <tus8d0$rjsc$1...@dont-email.me>,
>> Vincent <Vi...@Letuci.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Some states have a solid contract to allow succession. Which would
>>> indicate that 2 or more states with that so called privilege, would be
>>> in position to redraw their common borders.The Democrats have implied
>>
>> IV 3
>>
>> New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but
>> no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction
>> of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of
>> two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of
>> the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the
>> Congress.
>
> Not exactly the way things have gone

And I thought stumps were dumb.

Governor Swill

Mar 16, 2023, 8:08:27 AM3/16/23
On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 00:38:09 -0500, Vincent <Vi...@Letuci.org> wrote:

>If you don't like it ...move to Siberia or Northern China, where you
>will fit right in.

. . . the troll said to itself.

*click*

Baxter

Mar 16, 2023, 10:56:08 AM3/16/23
Vincent <Vi...@Letuci.org> wrote in news:tuu9dj$19kjn$1...@dont-email.me:
Putin does not want Russia to become part of the US, he wants the US to
become part of Russia.

PaxPerPoten

Mar 16, 2023, 6:42:06 PM3/16/23
Nope...Might want Russia to become a state of America and would want to
be its new leader. Can't be worse then Biden or anything else the
Democrats can barf up!
PPP.vcf

Governor Swill

Mar 17, 2023, 10:21:29 PM3/17/23
Which means we need to make sure he gets stopped by Ukraine.

Swill