TV/Film Award Ceremony To Honor PXÝ [™È Ú] Ý] ™Y™\™[˜ÙH È Ù[™ \‹ Here’s What They Will Now Be Called

Ubiquitous

Aug 25, 2022, 7:25:47 AM8/25/22
The Indie film Spirit Awards has announced it will follow other awards shows
and start honoring "acting without reference" to gender in its upcoming
ceremony being held in March 2023.

In a press release from Film Independent's Spirit Awards, the organization
said it would no longer use categories like "best actor" and "best actress"
to celebrate stars in TV and movies in lead and supporting roles, according
to a recent statement posted on the group's website.

"We're thrilled to join the other festivals and award shows that are already
moving to celebrate great acting without reference to gender," Film
Independent President Josh Welsh shared in the release.

"We're also happy to welcome non-binary performers into the Spirit Awards
without forcing them to choose to identify as male or female," he added.
"Additionally, it has been a long time since we substantially increased the
budget limit for eligibility. This new cap allows us to continue to celebrate
the same breadth of work that we have in the past."

The Independent Spirit Awards have announced that their acting
categories will no longer be gender-based. Rather than "best actor"
or "best supporting actress," for example, awards will be given to
"best lead performance" and "best supporting performance."
https://t.co/Eq8BH0hUGm

-- NPR (@NPR) August 24, 2022

It also noted that the group was joining with such organizations as the
Grammys, the British Independent Film Awards, and the MTV Movie & TV Awards
in "no longer" having categories "defined by gender."

Instead, the awards will be divided by "lead and supporting" categories known
as "Best Lead Performance" and "Best Supporting Performance," the release
read. "Awards in the television acting categories will similarly be known as
Best Lead Performance and Best Supporting Performance in a New Scripted
Series."

In 2022, the Brit Awards announced it was doing away with gender
classifications for awards that separated male and female talent, The
Guardian noted.

The release also stated that, "in response to the rising cost of production,
the organization" has "announced that the budget cap for eligible films has
increased to $30 million" or less, "with the budget cap for the beloved John
Cassavetes Award now $1 million," in order for a project to be included for
consideration for the upcoming ceremony recognizing 2022 indie films.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Ubiquitous

Aug 25, 2022, 7:28:49 AM8/25/22

BTR1701

Aug 25, 2022, 1:02:14 PM8/25/22
In article <te7m7p$3kls1$5...@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> The Indie film Spirit Awards has announced it will follow other awards shows
> and start honoring "acting without reference" to gender in its upcoming
> ceremony being held in March 2023.
>
> In a press release from Film Independent's Spirit Awards, the organization
> said it would no longer use categories like "best actor" and "best actress"
> to celebrate stars in TV and movies in lead and supporting roles, according
> to a recent statement posted on the group's website.

So that's one less award in each category and makes the competition even
more cutthroat to be the one actor that gets recognized.

anim8rfsk

Aug 25, 2022, 3:35:59 PM8/25/22
That’s exactly what I was thinking. And of course the fish mandates that
the first award Hass to go to a black. So basically they’re just now the
BET awards.

BTR1701

Aug 25, 2022, 3:47:54 PM8/25/22
In article
<1602894761.683148277.7...@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:
> > In article <te7m7p$3kls1$5...@dont-email.me>,
> > Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
> >
> >> The Indie film Spirit Awards has announced it will follow other awards
> >> shows and start honoring "acting without reference" to gender in its
> >> upcoming ceremony being held in March 2023.
> >>
> >> In a press release from Film Independent's Spirit Awards, the organization
> >> said it would no longer use categories like "best actor" and "best
> >> actress" to celebrate stars in TV and movies in lead and supporting roles,
> >> according to a recent statement posted on the group's website.
> >
> > So that's one less award in each category and makes the competition even
> > more cutthroat to be the one actor that gets recognized.
> >
> That's exactly what I was thinking. And of course the Fish mandates that
> the first award Hass to go to a black. So basically they're just now the
> BET awards.

LOL, yep.