Remembering Rush Limbaugh

Vance

Feb 19, 2024, 12:36:40 AMFeb 19
On this day in 2021, America lost a great man: the “Mayor of Realville”
and “America’s Anchorman,” the great Rush Limbaugh.

Rush Limbaugh was more than a radio announcer or show host. He was a
unique American genius, a patriot who inspired millions. From his one-line
zingers — “For government to give, it must first take away” — to his
thoughtful monologues, Rush was incomparable. He created a new generation
of conservatives and set the gold standard for conservative talk media.
Yet, despite his massive fame and popularity, there was nothing elitist or
unapproachable about Rush; many of his listeners, including those who
never met him, thought of him as their friend.

The college dropout turned radio and TV sensation, the show host honored
by presidents and intellectual giants, the “All-Seeing, All-Knowing, All-
Everything Maha Rushie,” who took on the left “with half my brain tied
behind my back to make it fair.” America tuned in daily to hear his jokes,
his critiques, his political observations, his predictions and analyses.
As he put it, he had “talent on loan from God.”

I was raised on Rush Limbaugh. My siblings and I memorized his parodies
and eagerly awaited the monthly Limbaugh Letter. As we drove to church or
activities, my parents tuned into Rush. He shaped my political views and
helped inspire me to go into journalism.

Rush’s sense of humor helped him and his listeners get through the hard
times. “Bigot: A person who wins an argument with a liberal,” he declared.
And he loved to rib the left. “I am the Doctor of Democracy. I am
America’s Truth Detector. And as the Doctor of Democracy, the deal you
have with your doctor isn’t changing. You get to keep your doctor. You get
to keep your plan. You get to keep your station. Nothing’s changing, and
it really never was gonna change,” Rush announced, making fun of Obama’s
false claims about Obamacare.

But we stayed for his common sense and wisdom. “Morality is not defined
and cannot be defined by individual choice,” Rush told us. “Liberals
measure compassion by how many people are given welfare. Conservatives
measure compassion by how many people no longer need it.” And “No nation
has ever taxed itself into prosperity.” When he observed that “nobody else
does what I do,” he was right; there are other very good show hosts, but
no one quite like Rush.

Rush Limbaugh fully deserved the Medal of Freedom he received from Donald
Trump. He gave hope to several generations, reminded conservatives we
weren’t crazy, helped us deal with the present’s problems and plan for the
future. “El Rushbo” was a great American, and he will always be greatly
missed.

https://pjmedia.com/catherinesalgado/2024/02/17/remembering-rush-limbaugh-
n4926529

Mitchell Holman

Feb 19, 2024, 9:30:18 AMFeb 19
Vance <va...@earthlink.net> wrote in news:uqupd5$slp$2...@toxic.dizum.net:

> I was raised on Rush Limbaugh.

My condolences.

"Styrofoam and plastic milk jugs are biodegradeable!
Do you know what isn't biodegradeable? Paper!"
Rush Limbaugh, 6/15/91

"Even if polar ice caps melted, there would be no rise
in ocean levels"
Rush Limbaugh, 6/19/92

"For the first time in military history, U.S. military
personnel are not under the command of United States
generals."
Rush Limbaugh on Bosnia, unaware that US troops served
under French generals in WWI and the Revolutionary War.
(TV show,4/18/94)

"It has not been proven that nicotine is addictive, the
same with cigarettes causing emphysema and other diseases."
Rush Limbaugh, Radio show, 4/29/94

"If there's an acquittal, O.J. Simpson is going to be the
biggest celebrity, the biggest star, this country has known."
Rush Limbaugh, Oct 2, 1995

"The Obama recession is in full swing, ladies and
gentlemen. Stocks are dying, which is a precursor of
things to come. This is an Obama recession. Might
turn into a depression."
Rush Limbaugh, November 6, 2008. Obama was
still the junior senator from Illinois at
the time.

"If people are violating the law by doing
drugs, they ought to be accused and they
ought to be convicted and they ought to be
sent up."
Rush Limbaugh, October 5, 1995, before
getting nailed for abusing drugs himself,
that is.