NYPD van torched as NYC's George Floyd nigger protests heat up

Dave Cross

Sep 19, 2021, 9:50:02 PM9/19/21
Anti-cop rage over the police-custody death of George Floyd
boiled over in New York City on Friday night — with hundreds of
protesters trying to surround the 88th precinct in Brooklyn’s
Clinton Hill neighborhood before being rebuffed by a massive
NYPD mobilization.

Meanwhile, hundreds more protester at nearby Fort Greene Park,
where some set an empty NYPD van on fire at around 9:30 p.m.

The same crowd had converged on the Barclay’s Center in Prospect
Heights hours earlier, with police releasing chemical mace at
the unruly demonstration there.

And still earlier in the day, in Lower Manhattan, at least 30
protesters were busted, including a man arrested for allegedly
punching an NYPD sergeant in the head with brass knuckles.

The brass-knuckles wielding man allegedly walloped the sergeant
as crowds massed at around 4 p.m. near Centre and Leonard
streets; he was one of dozens of protesters to be arrested in
Brooklyn and Manhattan, sources told The Post.

The anti-cop tummult in Brooklyn Friday night, thousands of
angry protesters stood outside the Prospect Heights arena that
the Brooklyn Nets call home, chanting, “They’re killing us!” and
“F–k those pigs” while holding signs that read, “NYPD KKK.” At
one point, the crowd roared at the sound of fireworks going off.

Police sprayed mace on protesters after several in attendance
began throwing things, police sources said. Cops were caught on
camera beating several protestors with batons as onlookers
screamed.

Assemblywoman Diana Richardson (D-Brooklyn) said she was sprayed
by mace while trying to peacefully protest.

“This is uncalled for,” Richardson told a WNYC reporter after
getting maced. “I would never be in a position to be like this.
I’m actually out here to make sure the peace is [kept].”

Jon Campbell
?
@j0ncampbell
A lot just popped off at the protest for George Floyd at the
Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Pepper spray, batons, and several
arrests.

Embedded video
41K
4:38 PM - May 29, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
24.3K people are talking about this
Cops began pushing crowds back to Fourth Avenue as people threw
garbage and bottles. Dozens were arrested and rounded up on MTA
city buses.

On Classon Avenue, as protestors shouted at cops driving by, one
officer was filmed swinging the door of his unmarked cruiser
open to clip one of the demonstrators.

Protesters are demanding justice for Floyd, the black man in
Minneapolis who died Monday after a cop knelt on his neck during
his arrest.

The officer, Derek Chauvin, was arrested earlier Friday and
charged with unintentional murder and manslaughter, though
accusations against him may be escalated, a Minnesota prosecutor
said.

Manhattan’s demonstrations were one of many high-tempered
protests taking place across the country, including violent
demonstrations in Minneapolis, where protesters burned down a
police precinct on Thursday.

Friday marked the second day of protests in New York City. On
Thursday 72 demonstrators were arrested after tense altercations
with police.

“I want to just say anyone who wants to protest, we’re going to
protect your right to protest, but please also respect [that]
the cop in front of you did not create the problem,” Mayor Bill
de Blasio said Friday on WNYC radio’s “The Brian Lehrer Show.”

After starting in Foley Square at 4 p.m., Manhattan protesters
had planned to rally and march to Manhattan District Attorney Cy
Vance’s office to call on the DA to charge Amy Cooper, the dog-
walker who called the cops on a black man in Central Park.

“My name is Jumaane Williams and I am not OK,” the city’s Public
Advocate said at the protest. “I am a proponent of non-violence
… but sometimes you have to afflict the comfortable.”

https://nypost.com/2020/05/29/brass-knuckle-wielding-man-punches-
nypd-sergeant-at-george-floyd-protest/