nside the Clinton dossier and the con behind the Russiagate scandal

Ubiquitous

Nov 10, 2021, 5:22:49 AM11/10/21
The nation argued for five years over the infamous Steele dossier, the
document on which the FBI relied to investigate Donald Trump’s 2016
campaign. It should have been called the Clinton dossier.

Special counsel John Durham this week obtained an indictment of Igor
Danchenko, a Russian who provided information for the dossier.
Danchenko is charged with lying to the FBI, but the bigger story of the
indictment is Democrats’ central role in every aspect of the dossier
and the FBI investigation.

Never forget the original claim. According to the FBI, Democrats and
the media, Trump harbored secret and nefarious ties with Russia. We
knew that because — as Mother Jones explained in a 2016 article that
became the reigning storyline — Christopher Steele was a “credible
source with a proven record of providing reliable, sensitive and
important information to the US government.” He had come across
“troubling” evidence of Trump collusion and brought it to US law
enforcement.

It took a year for congressional investigators to reveal the dossier
had in fact been commissioned by the opposition-research firm Fusion
GPS, working for the Democratic Party and Hillary Clinton’s campaign.
It took two more years for Justice Department Inspector General Michael
Horowitz to expose that Steele had relied on a Russian source who said
he had never expected Steele to present his info as facts, since most
of it was “hearsay.”

Two more years on, Durham’s indictment says this source — Danchenko —
obtained material from a longtime Democratic operative who was active
in the 2016 Clinton campaign. Clintonites here, Clintonites there,
Trump “scandals” everywhere.

The revelation shouldn’t surprise us, given that Danchenko was never
some high-level Russian in Moscow. From 2005 through 2010, he worked at
the Washington-based Brookings Institution, a center-left think tank.
Around the end of that employment, the indictment asserts, he was
introduced to “PR Executive-1,” a Clinton crony who The New York Times
confirmed is Charles Dolan.

Dolan has long been in Clinton circles, having served seven years as
head of the Democratic Governors Association and state chairman of Bill
Clinton’s 1992 and 1996 presidential campaigns. President Clinton
appointed him to a State Department advisory commission, and the
indictment notes he was an active “volunteer” on Hillary Clinton’s 2016
campaign. He also had far more ties to Russians than anyone in Trump’s
circle, having for eight years helped handle “global public relations
for the Russian government” and throughout 2016 interacted frequently
with senior Russian officials and Russian Embassy staff.

The indictment reveals that in August 2016, Danchenko asked Dolan for
any “thought, rumor, allegation” regarding the summer’s resignation of
Paul Manafort as Trump’s campaign manager. Danchenko explained he was
working on a “project against Trump.”

Dolan replied that he’d had a drink with a “GOP friend of mine who
knows some of the players” and provided gossip. Sentences of this e-
mail appear nearly verbatim in the Steele dossier, though they are
(hilariously) sourced to a “close associate of TRUMP.” To add farce to
fantasy, the indictment says the Dolan later told the FBI he had
fabricated meeting a GOP friend and had simply passed on info he had
read in the press.

The indictment notes Dolan was connected to yet other people and events
that appear in the dossier. He traveled to Moscow in June 2016 to plan
a conference. He stayed at the Moscow Ritz-Carlton, where he met the
general manager and staff and toured the presidential suite. The
dossier’s ugliest accusation against Trump, which involves disgusting
sexual acts, happens to be set in the Ritz-Carlton’s presidential suite
and to mention the hotel manager and staff. Danchenko met with Dolan at
the Moscow hotel on that trip. He flew soon after to London to provide
information to Steele for his dossier.

The indictment flags meetings, e-mails and calls that suggests Dolan
passed plenty of other information to Danchenko for the dossier. This
includes information he might have obtained during visits to the
Russian Embassy in Washington. (Did the Russians know where this was
going?)

Dolan was also in regular communication with Olga Galkina, another
Russian who fed information to Danchenko for the dossier. Galkina noted
in two separate e-mails that she was expecting Dolan to get her a State
Department job in a Hillary Clinton administration.

The indictment alleges Danchenko lied about Dolan’s interaction with
the dossier when the bureau belatedly tried to check the dossier’s
accuracy. The indictment says all this deprived the FBI of the ability
to learn about the “reliability, motivations and potential bias” of the
Democratic source. True, though this latest indictment again paints the
FBI as either inept or biased.

According to the charges, Dolan told the FBI that the Clinton campaign
didn’t direct him and wasn’t aware of his dealings with Danchenko and
that he didn’t know his info would land at the FBI. Maybe, though the
indictment notes that one Dolan e-mail in early 2017 expressed
knowledge that Danchenko had supplied information to the dossier now in
the news.

The Clinton dossier should go down as one of the biggest scandals in US
political history. Not just for the breadth of the con, but for the
time it has taken to expose it.

Lie, Cheat and Steele
Hillary Clinton’s campaign paid law firm Perkins Coie for various
services, including opposition research. Perkins Coie hires Fusion GPS,
“a strategic intelligence firm,” which pays former British spy
Christopher Steele to look into Donald Trump.

Steele’s primary source is Igor Danchenko, a Russian citizen who had
worked for the Brookings Institution think tank. Danchenko collected
info from what he would at first claim was a “network of subsources” in
Russia. He later revealed that he just asked people for gossip — or
fabricated information. In 2017, he admitted to agents that it was
“rumor and speculation.”

One of Danchenko’s sources was Charles Dolan, a p.r. exec who had
worked on campaigns for Bill and Hillary Clinton. Dolan relayed to
Danchenko gossip that he claimed to have gotten from “a GOP friend of
mine who knows some of the players.” The gossip ended up the dossier.
Dolan admitted later that he made up the GOP friend.

Another source was Olga Galkina, a Russian p.r. exec who thought she
had been promised a job in the State Department if Hillary Clinton were
to win the presidency. Fired from Webzilla, Galkina falsely implicated
the Web-services company in the hacking of DNC e-mails and also
seemingly invented a story about Michael Cohen visiting Prague (a claim
debunked by the Mueller report).

Danchenko also had a made-up source. He claimed the president of the
Russian-American Chamber of Commerce had revealed to him a “well-
developed conspiracy of cooperation” between Trump and the Kremlin.
Later pressed on the purported exchange, Danchenko said he “thought” he
was “probably” talking to the chamber president. Danchenko has been
arrested on charges for repeatedly lying to investigators that this
happened.

Danchenko delivers this collection of lies, rumors and inventions to
Christopher Steele, who credits it as intelligence from “high-level
Russian officials” and “close associates of Trump” — none of whom
exist. Steele shops the dossier to the media and FBI, hoping to spark a
public investigation of Trump.

The dossier gets passed around Washington (John McCain gives a copy to
the FBI) and fuels speculation in the media that Trump is part of a
Russian conspiracy. FBI Agent Peter Strzok interviews Danchenko and
Steele and finds them unconvincing, but the investigation continues.
BuzzFeed publishes the dossier in full, but admits nothing in it can be
verified.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Siri Cruise

Nov 10, 2021, 7:48:49 AM11/10/21
In article <8fKdnUG7gcXwABb8...@giganews.com>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> It should have been called the Clinton dossier.

The Clinton Dossier commissioned by Free Beacon.

The Washington Free Beacon, a conservative site based in
Washington, D.C., confirmed that it hired the firm Fusion GPS
to unearth damaging information about President Donald Trump
in the run-up to the election. GOP donor and billionaire Paul
Singer is one of the site零 key backers. Associated Press
reporter Tom LoBianco joins Hari Sreenivasan from Washington,
D.C., for more.

Paul Singer, long time Clinton supporter.

https://www.forbes.com/profile/paul-singer/?sh=48533db795e5

> It took a year for congressional investigators to reveal the dossier
> had in fact been commissioned by the opposition-research firm Fusion
> GPS, working for the Democratic Party and Hillary Clinton#s campaign.

Whilst the campaign was operating under the name Free Beacon.

> Danchenko

The charges in the indictment stem from statements made by
Danchenko relating to the sources he used in providing
information to a U.K. investigative firm that prepared what
are identified in the indictment as 'Company Reports.'

Once again the indictment is not about the validity of the Free
Beacon dossier or what a nonentity did or didn't do.

And you're still a liar.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\