The draft is coming, the draft is coming...

1 view

Anemic Combatant

Apr 6, 2004, 6:44:41 PM4/6/04

If violence in Iraq gets worse, U.S. military commanders will get the
troops they need to deal with it, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld said
Tuesday.

--
Anemic Combatant

''They made many promises,but kept only one;
they promised to take our land and they took it.''
Red Cloud

Arizona Bushwhacker

Apr 6, 2004, 6:46:49 PM4/6/04
Just so long as only the republicans get drafted I could
not care less. This war is 100% the fault of the
republicans. Make them fight it, make them pay for it!

"Anemic Combatant" <cote...@megantic.net> wrote in message

Sollie Z Gotalotovitz

Apr 6, 2004, 7:46:57 PM4/6/04

"Arizona Bushwhacker" <azbush...@cox.net> wrote in message

> Just so long as only the republicans get drafted I could
> not care less. This war is 100% the fault of the
> republicans. Make them fight it, make them pay for it!

You simple boy. It is you liberal pinkoids who will get the draft, then
you'll all get killed leaving our Fuhrer to stroll home in November. You
homocrats are so gullible.

Mitchell Holman

Apr 8, 2004, 10:30:33 AM4/8/04
OrionCA <ori...@earthlink.net> wrote in

> On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 07:48:59 +0200, Fafnir
> <fr...@spamexpire-200404.rodent.frell.eu.org> wrote:
>
>>Doesn't much look like it:
>
> A couple of dozen luzers taking pot shots with small arms is a little
> different from tank divisions clashing in the desert.

Indeed. Dozens of troops being gunned down
in 3 days isn't combat, or even tragic - it is
merely "anticipated", in Bush-speak.

"The violence that left 35 soldiers dead in the
last three days had been anticipated to occur
before the June 30th handover date."
U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, 4/8/04

William Davenant

Apr 8, 2004, 5:55:23 PM4/8/04
Just think of it in terms of the Democrats' War on Poverty and assorted
other initiatives. Maybe that'll help you understand

What you're seeing now is, among other things, an attempt to grab power
prior to the turnover.

wd

William Boyd

Apr 8, 2004, 7:51:39 PM4/8/04
OrionCA wrote:

> On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 07:48:59 +0200, Fafnir
> <fr...@spamexpire-200404.rodent.frell.eu.org> wrote:
>
> >Doesn't much look like it:
>
> A couple of dozen luzers taking pot shots with small arms is a little
> different from tank divisions clashing in the desert.
> --
> After Kerry returned from Vietnam he became an antiwar
> activist. But was he really? In 1972 he threw his
> medals away to protest the war. Years later it turned
> out that he had thrown someone ELSE'S medals away and
> kept his.
>
> Ask yourself this: Would Patricia Ireland burn someone
> else's bra? Then doesn't this make Kerry a fraud?

You are off topic!! If you want to get off topic that's ok but come up
with something at least that a moron could debate AKA of course he is a
fraud weather he burns his braw or not, sounds like another dumb blond
joke. Ha Ha!

Carla Lamp

Apr 8, 2004, 10:57:40 PM4/8/04
si...@hotmail.com (William Davenant) wrote in message news:<719d5b00.04040...@posting.google.com>...

Yes it is actually a good thing that dozens of soldiers are being gunned
down daily. It shows that the insurgents are desperate. Isn't that what
the Bushies say?

William Davenant

Apr 9, 2004, 4:47:16 PM4/9/04
carla...@hotmail.com (Carla Lamp) wrote in message news:<5ddb8ee5.0404...@posting.google.com>...

> > Just think of it in terms of the Democrats' War on Poverty and assorted
> > other initiatives. Maybe that'll help you understand
> >
> > What you're seeing now is, among other things, an attempt to grab power
> > prior to the turnover.
>

> Yes it is actually a good thing that dozens of soldiers are being gunned
> down daily. It shows that the insurgents are desperate. Isn't that what
> the Bushies say?

History really does repeat itself.

http://www.corax.org/revisionism/misc/lindberg.html

I find people like you particularly amusing. On the one hand, you say
why wasn't the US more proactive? on the other hand, you say it's too
proactive! Clearly you don't think, you emote.

Yes, it's a high price to pay, but it's worth it. Just like the Cold
War
was worth it, Vietnam was worth it, Korea was worth it, and WWII was
worth it,

They were worth it not only because they were the right thing to do,
but because they were in the national interest.

Nov. 19, 1863

Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this
continent a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the
proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation
or any nation so conceived and so dedicated can long endure. We are
met on a great battlefield of that war. We have come to dedicate a
portion of it as a final resting place for those who died here that
the nation might live. This we may, in all propriety do. But in a
larger sense, we cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot
hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead who struggled here
have hallowed it far above our poor power to add or detract. The world
will little note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never
forget what they did here.

It is rather for us the living, we here be dedicated to the great task
remaining before us--that from these honored dead we take increased
devotion to that cause for which they here gave the last full measure
of devotion--that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not
have died in vain, that this nation shall have a new birth of freedom,
and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall
not perish from the earth."

wd

William Davenant

Apr 9, 2004, 5:02:48 PM4/9/04
Oh, by the way, carla...@hotmail.com (Carla Lamp), is another
kooky Canadian, probably from Toronto.

These Canadians and their "penis envy".

Paul Martin is too scared to talk to the Dalai Lama because the
Chinese might get upset about it.

http://paulmartintime.ca/mediacoverage/000132.html

Iraq, the Dalai Lama. Well, it's quite clear what Canadian backbone
is made of. And these are the same people who rely on the US to
defend them, shortchanging their military to spend on domestic social
programs etc.

Before you start criticising others, maybe you should get your own
house in order.

Bell Canada BELLNEXXIA-10 (NET-65-92-0-0-1)
65.92.0.0 - 65.95.255.255
Bell Nexxia (Prod) NEXXIA0130-CA (NET-65-94-0-0-1)
65.94.0.0 - 65.94.255.255

wd

Carla Lamp

Apr 9, 2004, 9:42:48 PM4/9/04
si...@hotmail.com (William Davenant) wrote in message news:<719d5b00.04040...@posting.google.com>...
> carla...@hotmail.com (Carla Lamp) wrote in message news:<5ddb8ee5.0404...@posting.google.com>...
>
> > > Just think of it in terms of the Democrats' War on Poverty and assorted
> > > other initiatives. Maybe that'll help you understand
> > >
> > > What you're seeing now is, among other things, an attempt to grab power
> > > prior to the turnover.
> >
> > Yes it is actually a good thing that dozens of soldiers are being gunned
> > down daily. It shows that the insurgents are desperate. Isn't that what
> > the Bushies say?
>
> History really does repeat itself.
>
> http://www.corax.org/revisionism/misc/lindberg.html
>
> I find people like you particularly amusing. On the one hand, you say
> why wasn't the US more proactive? on the other hand, you say it's too
> proactive! Clearly you don't think, you emote.
>
> Yes, it's a high price to pay, but it's worth it.

What do we get out of Iraq?

> Just like the Cold
> War
> was worth it, Vietnam was worth it, Korea was worth it, and WWII was
> worth it,
>
> They were worth it not only because they were the right thing to do,
> but because they were in the national interest.

Please explain the national interest in say Vietnam?

leto...@nospam.net

Apr 10, 2004, 7:20:37 AM4/10/04
In <5ddb8ee5.0404...@posting.google.com>, on 04/09/2004
at 06:42 PM, carla...@hotmail.com (Carla Lamp) said:

>si...@hotmail.com (William Davenant) wrote in message
>news:<719d5b00.04040...@posting.google.com>... >
>carla...@hotmail.com (Carla Lamp) wrote in message
>news:<5ddb8ee5.0404...@posting.google.com>... >

>> > Yes it is actually a good thing that dozens of soldiers are being gunned
>> > down daily. It shows that the insurgents are desperate. Isn't that what
>> > the Bushies say?
>>
>> History really does repeat itself.
>>
>> http://www.corax.org/revisionism/misc/lindberg.html
>>
>> I find people like you particularly amusing. On the one hand, you say
>> why wasn't the US more proactive? on the other hand, you say it's too
>> proactive! Clearly you don't think, you emote.
>>
>> Yes, it's a high price to pay, but it's worth it.

>What do we get out of Iraq?

Sometime after the casualty numbers become large enough for people to
realize that those numbers are real people.

>> Just like the Cold
>> War
>> was worth it, Vietnam was worth it, Korea was worth it, and WWII was
>> worth it,
>>
>> They were worth it not only because they were the right thing to do,
>> but because they were in the national interest.

>Please explain the national interest in say Vietnam?

Don't you remember; we had to keep them godless commies from landing on
the streets of California and attacking our sisters and daughters and
mothers...

William Davenant

Apr 10, 2004, 4:07:48 PM4/10/04
carla...@hotmail.com (Carla Lamp) wrote in message news:<5ddb8ee5.0404...@posting.google.com>...

> > Yes, it's a high price to pay, but it's worth it.

> What do we get out of Iraq?

You mean what do Canadians get out of Iraq? All I know is that you
folks sure squealed like stuck pigs when you thought you weren't
going to get any MONEY for reconstruction contracts.

This is a distinct Canadian behavior pattern.

Canadians talk out of one side of their mouth about how they supposedly
worship all these ideals about the polity of nations and so on,
but when it comes to money they want to be first in line and
to hell with those very same scruples.

In that sense, Canadians really do fit the European ideal they aspire
to.

As for Vietnam, look in a history book.

wd

Carla Lamp

Apr 10, 2004, 11:10:48 PM4/10/04
si...@hotmail.com (William Davenant) wrote in message news:<719d5b00.04041...@posting.google.com>...

> carla...@hotmail.com (Carla Lamp) wrote in message news:<5ddb8ee5.0404...@posting.google.com>...
>
> > > Yes, it's a high price to pay, but it's worth it.
> >
> > What do we get out of Iraq?
>
> You mean what do Canadians get out of Iraq?

No I mean what do Americans get out of Iraq. Canadians get nothing out of
Iraq but that is not the question. Well you said that Iraq is worth the
cost. Why don't you name one benefit of Iraq and spell out its benefits
in terms of lives and money? Better yet prepare a table like I have
started below. List each and every benefit of Iraq that you can think of.
Then supply two "worth" values - dollars and lives. Then anyone can figure
for themselves whether "it's worth it or not."

Benefit worth dollars worth lives
get back at Saddam $0.00 0
for humiliating
Poppy Bush

> All I know is that you
> folks sure squealed like stuck pigs when you thought you weren't
> going to get any MONEY for reconstruction contracts.

Supposedly the reconstruction money was the Iraqi's money.
Arbitrarily excluding bidders for contracts is not good
stewardship.

> This is a distinct Canadian behavior pattern.
>
> Canadians talk out of one side of their mouth about how they supposedly
> worship all these ideals about the polity of nations and so on,
> but when it comes to money they want to be first in line and
> to hell with those very same scruples.
>
> In that sense, Canadians really do fit the European ideal they aspire
> to.
>
> As for Vietnam, look in a history book.

Well since you said it was worth the sacrifice, I thought you knew. But
since you don't, I'll tell you. It was worth nothing to us. Right now,
the very same regime that we fought so hard and unsuccessfully to destroy
enjoys "Most Favored Nation Status."

If only we had realized what swell fellows these guys were, a whole bunch
of people wouldn't have had to die.

> wd

William Boyd

Apr 11, 2004, 12:08:04 AM4/11/04

You are a poor lost sole when it comes to Humanity!

Admin

Apr 11, 2004, 12:03:23 AM4/11/04

"Carla Lamp" <carla...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Vietnam was a "War by Proxy" like when the Soviets were in Afganistan.
Rather than a direct confrontation by the two greatest Superpowers (not too
many in the world would survive that one) the wars are fought using other
countries in a much smaller scale. BTW, the US won that one in the end.
The Soviet Union was bankrupted.

As for China, China didn't care too much for the North Vietnamese Government
back then. And the US is going to win against China economically as well
sooner or later. The Chinese are rapidly sprinting towards Capitolism which
a Communist Nation cannot survive against.

> If only we had realized what swell fellows these guys were, a whole bunch
> of people wouldn't have had to die.

Hind sight is a wonderful thing.

Mike P

Apr 11, 2004, 12:29:05 AM4/11/04

"Admin" <ad...@i70west.com> wrote in message

Another reason you don't drink water from a stream where cows are up stream.
You get what daryl is full of, and it's not by proxy.

Mike

Admin

Apr 11, 2004, 12:25:23 AM4/11/04

"Mike P" <res1...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Ah, discussion ended by pulling out the 404k00k factor. Much like
mentioning Hitler.

Mike P

Apr 11, 2004, 12:56:13 AM4/11/04

"Carla Lamp" <carla...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

As far as VietNam goes that regime is gone for the most part, and the rest
will be gone in time. Money talks.
Now about Americans. You do know you are one of them don't you? You just
come from the Northern part called Canada. Now you ever been to Iraq or the
areas around there? If you had you would know what the value is right now,
and why soldiers have given their all for it. Let me tell you a little about
what they now have that they didn't before. They have Health Care, Food,
Education, They can go where they wish with out being rounded up and killed.
Say what they wish with out being killed for it. A woman can walk down the
street with out being raped or killed for looking at a man. There will be no
more mass graves, killings, slaves. For the first time in many of their
lives they have heard a radio, and worshiped as they wished. Yes we have
gotten rid of a lot of weapons, and are turning the oil back on. With one
big difference the money will go to the people, and not in just one pocket.
This alone was worth the fight, and yes there are members of my family
there. You should find out why the U.S. and Canada went to war with Germany
and Japan.
I my self could care less if you like the Pres. of this Country or not. He's
our leader not yours, and if we feel like replacing him. We will vote him
out. If none of the reasons I gave above are worth your caring I feel sorry
for you.

Mike

Mike P

Apr 11, 2004, 1:00:03 AM4/11/04

"Admin" <ad...@i70west.com> wrote in message

Ah the fake making believe again. Did you tell them about how the Marines
left their wounded behind so they could take their weapons in VietNam. How
about how you were QMP from the Air Force, but your retired from the Air
Force. Only your not listed in DOD anywhere.

Mike

Admin

Apr 11, 2004, 12:54:14 AM4/11/04

"Mike P" <res1...@verizon.net> wrote in message

I was wrong. You really ARe that stupid.

leto...@nospam.net

Apr 11, 2004, 2:16:16 AM4/11/04
In <d9767bbe2266b79e...@news.teranews.com>, on 04/11/2004

BTW, the Soviet Union went bankrupt because they were borrowing from one
pocket to pay the other -- just like bush is doing right now -- with no
end in sight.

Mike P

Apr 11, 2004, 3:22:23 AM4/11/04

"Admin" <ad...@i70west.com> wrote in message

I'm sorry I thought you were just passing gas. I didn't realize you were
still saying something. What was that? You say your going to back something
up this time. Lets start by explaining how you went to Jump School at Fort
Bragg. While drunk, and can't wear your wings because the Air Force won't
let airmen wear them. Seeing there was no Jump school there this should be
good. We are waiting daryl. You are going to back stuff up now are you not?

Mike

Admin

Apr 11, 2004, 4:07:20 AM4/11/04

"Mike P" <res1...@verizon.net> wrote in message

LOL, you need a new speech writer. Your old one can't seem to come up with
any new material. He seems to be dumber than a rock. Nothing new here.

Admin

Apr 11, 2004, 4:07:39 AM4/11/04

<leto...@nospam.net> wrote in message

> In <d9767bbe2266b79e...@news.teranews.com>, on 04/11/2004
> at 04:03 AM, "Admin" <ad...@i70west.com> said:
> >> Well since you said it was worth the sacrifice, I thought you knew.
But
> >> since you don't, I'll tell you. It was worth nothing to us. Right
now,
> >> the very same regime that we fought so hard and unsuccessfully to
destroy
> >> enjoys "Most Favored Nation Status."
>
> >Vietnam was a "War by Proxy" like when the Soviets were in Afganistan.
> >Rather than a direct confrontation by the two greatest Superpowers (not
> >too many in the world would survive that one) the wars are fought using
> >other countries in a much smaller scale. BTW, the US won that one in the
> >end. The Soviet Union was bankrupted.
>
> BTW, the Soviet Union went bankrupt because they were borrowing from one
> pocket to pay the other -- just like bush is doing right now -- with no
> end in sight.

The trigger phrase is, "No end in sight". This is why we change leaders
every four to 8 years. Just remember, you Extreme Liberal, that it was a
Democratic President that escalated Vietnam and a Republican one that ended
it. Chances are, it wasn't real important which party either belonged to
since both thought they were doing right by the American Public regardless
of reason.

The US is not and never will be run as poorly as the Soviet Union was. Most
of your EU should learn a little from the US on how to have an economy.
France is all but bankrupt. Germany is wondering what the future will bring
financially, England isn't fairing too well. About the only set of
countries in Europe that are doing well are the Scandanavian ones and
Switzerland. Your lopsided Chatter is just that.

Mike P

Apr 11, 2004, 4:23:19 AM4/11/04

"Admin" <ad...@i70west.com> wrote in message

Didn't think you could or would. Like they say once a fake always a fake.
Shame to. You could have made something of your self if you didn't pretend
to be something other than what you just couldn't be. You do perform a
service so don't feel to bad. You give everyone a good laugh.

Mike

Carla Lamp

Apr 11, 2004, 6:50:09 AM4/11/04
"Mike P" <res1...@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<Nd4ec.24333$TS3....@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>...
<snip>

> Now about Americans. You do know you are one of them don't you?

I know no such thing.

> You just
> come from the Northern part called Canada. Now you ever been to Iraq or the
> areas around there? If you had you would know what the value is right now,
> and why soldiers have given their all for it. Let me tell you a little about
> what they now have that they didn't before. They have Health Care, Food,
> Education,

When are we going to bring some of that Health Care, Food, and Education
to America?

> They can go where they wish with out being rounded up and killed.

Can they go to Fallujah?

> Say what they wish with out being killed for it. A woman can walk down the
> street with out being raped or killed for looking at a man. There will be no
> more mass graves, killings, slaves. For the first time in many of their
> lives they have heard a radio, and worshiped as they wished. Yes we have
> gotten rid of a lot of weapons, and are turning the oil back on. With one
> big difference the money will go to the people, and not in just one pocket.
> This alone was worth the fight,

I would appreciate some figures here. How many lives and how many dollars
was this worth?

leto...@nospam.net

Apr 11, 2004, 9:35:25 AM4/11/04
In <4b23ae53fa94384a...@news.teranews.com>, on 04/11/2004
at 08:07 AM, "Admin" <ad...@i70west.com> said:

><leto...@nospam.net> wrote in message
>But
>now,
>destroy
>>
>> >Vietnam was a "War by Proxy" like when the Soviets were in Afganistan.
>> >Rather than a direct confrontation by the two greatest Superpowers (not
>> >too many in the world would survive that one) the wars are fought using
>> >other countries in a much smaller scale. BTW, the US won that one in the
>> >end. The Soviet Union was bankrupted.
>>
>> BTW, the Soviet Union went bankrupt because they were borrowing from one
>> pocket to pay the other -- just like bush is doing right now -- with no
>> end in sight.

>The trigger phrase is, "No end in sight". This is why we change leaders
>every four to 8 years. Just remember, you Extreme Liberal, that it was a
>Democratic President that escalated Vietnam and a Republican one that
>ended it.

It that your defense ot the the idiot bush? -- Its wrong too. First a lot
of people on both sides were responsible for the escalation, and the
ground work was laid by the Ike. Second, nixon didn't end the war -- he
was ordered and forced to end it because the Congress cut off the funds.

Chances are, it wasn't real important which party either
>belonged to since both thought they were doing right by the American
>Public regardless of reason.

Sorry, but there was no point to the Vietnam war.

>The US is not and never will be run as poorly as the Soviet Union was.

Want to bet? The rightwing idiots are doing just what the Soviets did --
the difference is the soviets borrowed from one program to support another
until it caught up with them. The repuks here are worse, they are stealing
the savings of the lower and middle class workers -- and giving it to the
ultra-rich in taxcuts that are not only undeserved, but will eventually
destroy our democracy -- when bill for the IOUs are placed on the lower
and middle class. E.G., we not have (and probably don't now have) a
democracy. We have a oligarchy and aristocracy -- that will eventually
have to be removed if want to continue as a democracy.

I know that is over your head -- but in the future, do try to find
information that goes beyond the RNC party line.

>Most of your EU should learn a little from the US on how to have an
>economy. France is all but bankrupt. Germany is wondering what the future
>will bring financially, England isn't fairing too well. About the only
>set of countries in Europe that are doing well are the Scandanavian ones
>and Switzerland. Your lopsided Chatter is just that.

And your brain waves are falling flat.

BTW asshole, I'm US citizen and vet.

LawsonE

Apr 11, 2004, 9:41:25 AM4/11/04

<leto...@nospam.net> wrote in message
[...]

. E.G., we not have (and probably don't now have) a
> democracy. We have a oligarchy and aristocracy -- that will eventually
> have to be removed if want to continue as a democracy.

In the last Congressional election, 97% of all incumbants retained their
seats. Any country where you can predict, with 97% accuracy, the outcome of
an arbitrary election is NOT a democracy, IMHO.

Gerrymandering has pretty much destroyed this country.

*GOD's CREATOR*

Apr 11, 2004, 12:32:35 PM4/11/04
OrionCA wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 07:48:59 +0200, Fafnir
> <fr...@spamexpire-200404.rodent.frell.eu.org> wrote:
>

>>Doesn't much look like it:
>

> A couple of dozen luzers taking pot shots with small arms is a little
> different from tank divisions clashing in the desert.
> --
> After Kerry returned from Vietnam he became an antiwar
> activist. But was he really? In 1972 he threw his
> medals away to protest the war. Years later it turned
> out that he had thrown someone ELSE'S medals away and
> kept his.
>
> Ask yourself this: Would Patricia Ireland burn someone
> else's bra? Then doesn't this make Kerry a fraud?

Thus Spake God's Creator; (I don't forgive nothing!)

What part of "Get your Christian asses out of our country"
don't you understand ?

This June 30 power turnover joke is another U.S.
President election fraud attempt... Meaningless to
the Arabs... "Get out of our lands" is their message !

Another million or so Iraq people will be slaughtered,
but, 5.5 million Vietnam and Korean people were also
slaughtered before the U.S. military was forced out of Vietnam,
the Korean war is still going on.

The Iraq _war_ will continue until
the U.S. runs out of U.S. soldiers willing to die.

You are seeing the continuation of the centuries old
Holy war, between the (Muslim Arabs) and (Zionist Jews).

enjoy !

GOD'S CREATION ( My only sin... )

Wise men stare at the unknown, and boldly seeks answers !
Others... fall on their hands and knees, and start mumbling...

Today's Terrorists News:
http://www.antiwar.com/

Today's U.S. Terrorists:
http://www.dbr.nu/noin/rogues.html

*GOD's CREATOR*

Apr 11, 2004, 12:33:18 PM4/11/04

Mike P

Apr 11, 2004, 1:29:59 PM4/11/04

"Carla Lamp" <carla...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Mike P" <res1...@verizon.net> wrote in message
> <snip>
> > Now about Americans. You do know you are one of them don't you?
>
> I know no such thing.

Your not from North America? If your a citizen of Canada your an American
because that is where you were born.

> > You just
> > come from the Northern part called Canada. Now you ever been to Iraq or
the
> > areas around there? If you had you would know what the value is right
now,
> > and why soldiers have given their all for it. Let me tell you a little
about
> > what they now have that they didn't before. They have Health Care, Food,
> > Education,
>
> When are we going to bring some of that Health Care, Food, and Education
> to America?

Got news for you. It's here, and has been here. People from all over the
world come here for it. All you have to do is open your eyes. This is the
country of the Freedom where you can go where you want, work where you want,
and even go to shool as long as you care to. If you ever seen a child that
is starving or a woman that's been stoned you would thank your God you were
born in this Country.

> > They can go where they wish with out being rounded up and killed.
>
> Can they go to Fallujah?

Only if they are male, and belong to part of a special religion. That's who
is trying to control it at this time, but they will fail because we are
there.

> > Say what they wish with out being killed for it. A woman can walk down
the
> > street with out being raped or killed for looking at a man. There will
be no
> > more mass graves, killings, slaves. For the first time in many of their
> > lives they have heard a radio, and worshiped as they wished. Yes we have
> > gotten rid of a lot of weapons, and are turning the oil back on. With
one
> > big difference the money will go to the people, and not in just one
pocket.
> > This alone was worth the fight,
>
> I would appreciate some figures here. How many lives and how many dollars
> was this worth?

Is that what you count as the worth of a human? Dollars? Your life is worth
nothing unless you do something with it. Make it mean something by standing
up, and helping others. Don't let someone else do it for you. Get out and
help out at school, give a blanket to someone that's cold, make sure a child
has shoes or has food. Making a difference is the worth of a human not a
dollar bill. When you see a disabled child trying to open a door you do ask
what it's worth to hold the door for them? When you drive past a Womans
shelter do you think only of the pizza your going to buy? Do you even see
them as you count your dollars?

Mike

pedro martori

Apr 11, 2004, 3:18:48 PM4/11/04
5,5 millions americans slaughtered in Vietnam and Korea ?

Man you really are full of it...

Anyways you wish to put it...Democracy , the concept that free all people
and that should bring Justice, Peace, and Freedoms to ALL not just one part of the people...will come sooner or later to all that archaic and prehistoric region.
Just give a chance to time...!

Cortesy of The Profet !

"*GOD's CREATOR*" <Reall...@Go.Com> wrote in message news:ireec.5082$k05....@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...

---

Admin

Apr 11, 2004, 3:53:43 PM4/11/04

<leto...@nospam.net> wrote in message

It's not a defense at all. It's the facts. It's a bitch when the facts
stand on their own and no blame is placed.

> Chances are, it wasn't real important which party either
> >belonged to since both thought they were doing right by the American
> >Public regardless of reason.
>
> Sorry, but there was no point to the Vietnam war.

Just how old are you? That is a very pertinent question. If you are my
age, you will differ as the hindsight backs up the necessity.

> >The US is not and never will be run as poorly as the Soviet Union was.
>
> Want to bet? The rightwing idiots are doing just what the Soviets did --
> the difference is the soviets borrowed from one program to support another
> until it caught up with them. The repuks here are worse, they are stealing
> the savings of the lower and middle class workers -- and giving it to the
> ultra-rich in taxcuts that are not only undeserved, but will eventually
> destroy our democracy -- when bill for the IOUs are placed on the lower
> and middle class. E.G., we not have (and probably don't now have) a
> democracy. We have a oligarchy and aristocracy -- that will eventually
> have to be removed if want to continue as a democracy.
>
> I know that is over your head -- but in the future, do try to find
> information that goes beyond the RNC party line.

LOL, I am a registered Democrat. One has to register as something. It's
folks like me that will bring the DNC back to the needs of the People
instead of the Garbage it spews at this time. I don't have that much use
for an all Rep or an all Dem goverment as either would be as destructive as
the other.

> >Most of your EU should learn a little from the US on how to have an
> >economy. France is all but bankrupt. Germany is wondering what the future
> >will bring financially, England isn't fairing too well. About the only
> >set of countries in Europe that are doing well are the Scandanavian ones
> >and Switzerland. Your lopsided Chatter is just that.
>
> And your brain waves are falling flat.
>
> BTW asshole, I'm US citizen and vet.

I tend to be an Asshole at times. (please capitolize it when referring to m
e) and I happen to be a retired Military Vet who ranges a couple of decades
but that has nothing to do with anything, now does it.

Admin

Apr 11, 2004, 3:54:51 PM4/11/04

"LawsonE" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message

> <leto...@nospam.net> wrote in message
> [...]
> . E.G., we not have (and probably don't now have) a
> > democracy. We have a oligarchy and aristocracy -- that will eventually
> > have to be removed if want to continue as a democracy.
> >

> In the last Congressional election, 97% of all incumbants retained their
> seats. Any country where you can predict, with 97% accuracy, the outcome
of
> an arbitrary election is NOT a democracy, IMHO.
>
> Gerrymandering has pretty much destroyed this country.

I usually find what you post as a bit over the top but not this time. But
facts are, the US was formed by an Aristrocratic Class and not much has
changed. There are exceptions from time to time but usually, the same
"Group" continues to get reelected over and over.

SMChristenson

Apr 11, 2004, 4:55:45 PM4/11/04
On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:18:48 -0400, pedro martori wrote:

> 5,5 millions americans slaughtered in Vietnam and Korea ?
>
> Man you really are full of it...

That's low. Why did you misquote him to make him look stupid? And a
little dumb. You figured nobody would notice?

Don T

Apr 11, 2004, 5:19:57 PM4/11/04
"SMChristenson" <smc...@visi.com> wrote in message

Nobody needs to "misquote" him to make him look stupid. He does that all by
his lonesome. As do you.

--

Don Thompson

"The only stupid questions are those that should have been asked, but
weren't, or those that have been asked and answered over and over, but the
answers not listened to." Peter Rowe

raven1

Apr 11, 2004, 5:19:39 PM4/11/04
<pedr...@progression.net> wrote:

>5,5 millions americans slaughtered in Vietnam and Korea ?
>
>Man you really are full of it...

Man, you really have a reading comprehension problem. Go back and
re-read what he actually wrote.

SMChristenson

Apr 11, 2004, 9:58:52 PM4/11/04

Then why did you feel it was necessary to erase his post:

"5.5 million Vietnam and Korean people were also
slaughtered before the U.S. military was forced out of Vietnam,"

and substitute your bullshit.

>> > 5,5 millions americans slaughtered in Vietnam and Korea ?

What a loser. Over and out.

William Davenant

Apr 12, 2004, 5:18:39 PM4/12/04
carla...@hotmail.com (Carla Lamp) wrote in message news:<5ddb8ee5.04041...@posting.google.com>...

> > You mean what do Canadians get out of Iraq?
>
> No I mean what do Americans get out of Iraq. Canadians get nothing out of
> Iraq but that is not the question.

> Supposedly the reconstruction money was the Iraqi's money.

> Arbitrarily excluding bidders for contracts is not good
> stewardship.

There's nothing unreasonable about the US imposing conditions on how it
spends its own money on Iraqi reconstruction. Think Canadian content laws.

Regardless, if you Canadians really believed your holier-than-thou
rhetoric, you wouldn't want any part of the money. It'd be filthy
lucre.

But, no! Canada was amongst the first to start whining and crying when it
felt it might be frozen out of the gravy train.

Again, Canada is a two-faced nation. In their words, Canadians
like to talk up how they're a morally superior nation and not
like those Americans, but in their deeds, it's a different story:
Canadians are worried about the bottom line, the money. Sounds
fairly American to me. Well, at least the stereotype. Maybe we're
not so different after all.

Anyway, God forbid Martin would talk to the Dalai Lama and officially
recognize the situation in Tibet! That might hurt trade in China,
or so the Chinese are unofficially telling the Prime Minister.
And he's quaking in his boots! There's the rhetoric, there's the
money. Which way will he finally decide to go? South of the
border, we say, go for it, Paul, show that those Canadians have a
little backbone, minuscule as it may be!

On the other hand, is Paul Martin going to have second thoughts (again)
and renounce contracts for Iraqi reconstruction? Is parliament going
to pass a law forbidding Canadian companies and their subsidiaries
from doing business in Iraq?

In point of fact, Canadians aren't the conscience of the world, they're
just ordinary hypocrites like the rest of us. Well, okay, maybe they're
a little more hypocritical than the rest of us.

> > As for Vietnam, look in a history book.
>

> Well since you said it was worth the sacrifice, I thought you knew. But
> since you don't, I'll tell you. It was worth nothing to us. Right now,
> the very same regime that we fought so hard and unsuccessfully to destroy
> enjoys "Most Favored Nation Status."

No, it was worth it. It, along with some other things, helped check
the spread of communism in SE Asia. And, although some people argue
that trade with Vietnam, like trade with China, will result in
liberalizing those regimes, I'm not sure I buy it. Time will tell.

> If only we had realized what swell fellows these guys were, a whole bunch
> of people wouldn't have had to die.

No, they're not swell.

I agree there are problems with US foreign policy when it comes to
nations like Vietnam and most of the members of the UN.

But, then, at least Bush meets with the Dalai Lama!

Oh, if you really want an accounting of how the money is being spent,
I'm sure there's an official public web site that gives the details.

wd

Horvath

Apr 13, 2004, 6:44:02 AM4/13/04
On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 03:21:40 GMT, R. David Steele
<steele...@verizon.net/OMEGA> wrote these wise words:

>The media is clueless or else they are doing propaganda. I am on
>the ground here and it is not as bad as CNN reports. We have
>about two hot spots.
>
>The greatest weakness we have today is not our military but our
>political class (journalists, judges, academics). The political
>class lacks the balls needed to fight. And al Qaeda knows it.

It's good to hear from someone who really knows what's going on.

Keep up the good work.

Hor...@Horvath.net

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.

rbbomber

Apr 13, 2004, 11:03:13 AM4/13/04
si...@hotmail.com (William Davenant) wrote in message news:<719d5b00.04040...@posting.google.com>...
> carla...@hotmail.com (Carla Lamp) wrote in message news:<5ddb8ee5.0404...@posting.google.com>...
>
> > > Just think of it in terms of the Democrats' War on Poverty and assorted
> > > other initiatives. Maybe that'll help you understand
> > >
> > > What you're seeing now is, among other things, an attempt to grab power
> > > prior to the turnover.
> >
> > Yes it is actually a good thing that dozens of soldiers are being gunned
> > down daily. It shows that the insurgents are desperate. Isn't that what
> > the Bushies say?
>
> History really does repeat itself.
>
> http://www.corax.org/revisionism/misc/lindberg.html
>
> I find people like you particularly amusing. On the one hand, you say
> why wasn't the US more proactive? on the other hand, you say it's too
> proactive! Clearly you don't think, you emote.
>
> Yes, it's a high price to pay, but it's worth it. Just like the Cold
> War
> was worth it, Vietnam was worth it, Korea was worth it, and WWII was
> worth it,
>
> They were worth it not only because they were the right thing to do,
> but because they were in the national interest.
>
> Nov. 19, 1863
>
> Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this
> continent a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the
> proposition that all men are created equal.
>
> Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation
> or any nation so conceived and so dedicated can long endure. We are
> met on a great battlefield of that war. We have come to dedicate a
> portion of it as a final resting place for those who died here that
> the nation might live. This we may, in all propriety do. But in a
> larger sense, we cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot
> hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead who struggled here
> have hallowed it far above our poor power to add or detract. The world
> will little note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never
> forget what they did here.
>
> It is rather for us the living, we here be dedicated to the great task
> remaining before us--that from these honored dead we take increased
> devotion to that cause for which they here gave the last full measure
> of devotion--that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not
> have died in vain, that this nation shall have a new birth of freedom,
> and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall
> not perish from the earth."
>
> wd

Did the Iraqis fire on Fort Sumter?

W. D. Allen Sr.

Apr 13, 2004, 6:00:53 PM4/13/04
Are all these responders combat experienced and know more about what's going
on in kitty-litter-land than Steele does? Or are they Vietnam vets like
Representative Doofus McDermott from Washington state who never even left
CONUS when doing his "Vietnam veteran" service!

They either need to know what they are talking about or they should just
SHUT UP!

end

"Horvath" <Hor...@Horvath.nossepam.net> wrote in message

William Boyd

Apr 17, 2004, 10:58:00 PM4/17/04
Some times I wonder about that also, many have knowledge that is also
available on the internet. But some have information that is dammed sure
nit there. PE

Fafnir

May 3, 2004, 5:43:32 AM5/3/04
to mail...@zedz.net
Donald Rumsfeld gives instructions to Brigadier General Janis
Karpinski at Abu Ghraib prison.

http://www.albasrah.net/images/iraqi-pow/iraqi-pow

John H. McCloskey

May 3, 2004, 9:53:59 AM5/3/04
>Re: Here's a picture you won't see on US news:

"Images Copyright CBS News: Reprinted for Fair Use"

?