1984...Democrat kills 22 at McDonalds

Gun Control

May 8, 2018, 5:21:27 AM5/8/18
Twenty-one people are shot to death at McDonald’s

James Oliver Huberty opens fire in a crowded McDonald’s
restaurant in San Ysidro, California, killing 21 people and
wounding 19 others with several automatic weapons. Minutes
earlier, Huberty had left home, telling his wife, “I’m going
hunting… hunting for humans.”

Huberty, who had a history of mental problems, lost his job in
Ohio the previous year. He brought his family to San Diego and
worked as a security guard until he was fired again, a month
before the shootings. His wife claimed that Huberty called a
mental health clinic to make an appointment for counseling but
was never called back. Huberty had a love affair with guns,
keeping a small arsenal in his bedroom. Neighbors described him
as very angry.

Bringing several of these guns, including a 9mm automatic pistol
and semiautomatic rifle, into the McDonald’s two miles from the
Mexican border, Huberty demanded that the 45 patrons get on the
floor. He then walked around the restaurant, calmly shooting
people. He killed 20 in the first ten minutes, including four
who tried to escape. There were so many shots fired that the
police first assumed that there was more than one gunman inside.
Firing at a fire truck that responded to the scene, Huberty also
grazed one firefighter with a bullet.

An hour after the shooting began, an employee managed to escape
through the basement and inform the SWAT team that Huberty was
alone and without hostages. With this information, sharpshooters
were told to “take him out.” A marksman sent a shot through
Huberty’s chest and killed him. After making sure that he was
dead, police finally entered the restaurant. San Diego Police
Chief William Kolender said, “I hope to God I never see such a
thing again.”

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/twenty-one-people-
are-shot-to-death-at-mcdonalds