Re: Green an Mars

1 view

George

Jan 10, 2007, 4:59:15 AM1/10/07

"Chris" <m...@myself.com> wrote in message
news:b5Snh.6646$MO2....@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Any comment on these.

Yeah, this is almost as bad as quote mining. It's a false color image,
Chris.

George

Chris

Jan 10, 2007, 7:42:25 AM1/10/07

"George" <geo...@yourservice.com> wrote in message

That is not what the image data said. The imager can take thermal imges
red-hot blue - cold and green in between but that one said the filters they
used were to give the true colour (?) to a human eye retina.

Filters 300 nm 500 nm and 700 nm I think.

> George

George

Jan 10, 2007, 8:29:30 AM1/10/07

"Chris" <m...@myself.com> wrote in message

They give an approximate true color image. You need more than three
narrowly defined colors to get true color image. But if you are referring
to the blue-greenish tint in areas of the images, there are a number of
known things that can cause it, one of which is Martian blueberries. It
might be exciting if there weren't so many blueberries scattered about all
over the place. Basalt can also add a similar coloration to the landscape.
Add your typical Martian dust to it to scatter that coloration, and you
might get what is seen in the images. Having said that, since you only
posted images, and no supporting information to go along with them, it
would be impossible to say what, exactly you are seeing. One thing is for
sure, and that is if there was something significant to this coloration,
the orbiters would be on top of it like a cat on a mouse.

George

Chris

Jan 10, 2007, 5:00:50 PM1/10/07
We don't talk any more.

The Viking chromatograph said "fructose" "glycine" "sucrose" .... "complex
organics". I read it from the wavy line the viking data sent to Jodgrel Bank
before the yanks got it.... I worked on the design of the gas chromatography
unit before I got my job at the uk space base. After that I went on to
atomic bomb design. Then I became a dishwasher to get away. I had a mini
problem with a Tupolov and some other cold war hot war things. We used the
atlas computer lab to solve the equations to find out what the complex
organics were but the initial peaks were calibrated against known samples in
a mock up of the chromatigrapgy kit.

I might not be here next week got to attend for possible execution or
prison.

Like all my friends. Tell Emma I wish her well and Ruth best wishes for our
daughter. I don't like those 9 mm black automatics.

They said they'd do it under an anasthetic.

Green on Mars.

"George" <geo...@yourservice.com> wrote in message

George

Jan 11, 2007, 11:57:32 AM1/11/07

> We don't talk any more.
>
> The Viking chromatograph said "fructose" "glycine" "sucrose" ....
> "complex organics". I read it from the wavy line the viking data sent to
> Jodgrel Bank before the yanks got it.... I worked on the design of the
> gas chromatography unit before I got my job at the uk space base. After
> that I went on to atomic bomb design. Then I became a dishwasher to get
> away. I had a mini problem with a Tupolov and some other cold war hot war
> things. We used the atlas computer lab to solve the equations to find out
> what the complex organics were but the initial peaks were calibrated
> against known samples in a mock up of the chromatigrapgy kit.
>
> I might not be here next week got to attend for possible execution or
> prison.
>
> Like all my friends. Tell Emma I wish her well and Ruth best wishes for
> our daughter. I don't like those 9 mm black automatics.
>
> They said they'd do it under an anasthetic.

Umm, WTF???

Anon

Apr 5, 2008, 9:54:25 AM4/5/08
I'm still here after my stint in detention. A moslem young woman was given
an injection and she died while I was there.

--
Chris

"George" <geo...@yourservice.com> wrote in message

Steve