More Hotel Elevator Hell

stnkfret

Apr 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/21/99
You forgot the most annoying off all.

"PIZZA! PIZZA!"

Forgive me for chiming in so late.
emily

Another JayBee

Apr 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/21/99
When I worked for Little Squeezer's a couple of years ago, I had this repeat
customer (I always seemed to get him) who would always offer me an extra tip
to say "Pizza! Pizza!" or "Delivery! Delivery!".

IC - "Awww, c'mon man, it won't kill ya to say it! I'll give ya more money!"

Me - (managing a smile) "No. That'll be $12.78, sir. Good day."

Another JayBee
(Ex-employee of the most gimmick ridden pizza chain in the world!)
Football shaped pizza, basketball shaped pizza (laces drawn in sauce), GIANT
pizza, pizza by da foot pizza......

Scott P.

Apr 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/21/99
Another JayBee <tdod...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

> When I worked for Little Squeezer's a couple of years ago, I had this
repeat
> customer (I always seemed to get him) who would always offer me an extra
tip
> to say "Pizza! Pizza!" or "Delivery! Delivery!".
>
> IC - "Awww, c'mon man, it won't kill ya to say it! I'll give ya more
money!"

> Me - (managing a smile) "No. That'll be $12.78, sir. Good day."

hahahaha If it was for an extra tip, I'd stand on my head, go into a
handstand, do a couple flips, while singing the start spangled banner. Seems
to me saying "Pizza Pizza" would almost be too easy. :)

Scott

John Riederer

Apr 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/21/99

Another JayBee wrote:

> When I worked for Little Squeezer's a couple of years ago, I had this repeat
> customer (I always seemed to get him) who would always offer me an extra tip
> to say "Pizza! Pizza!" or "Delivery! Delivery!".
>
> IC - "Awww, c'mon man, it won't kill ya to say it! I'll give ya more money!"
>
> Me - (managing a smile) "No. That'll be $12.78, sir. Good day."
>

> Another JayBee
> (Ex-employee of the most gimmick ridden pizza chain in the world!)
> Football shaped pizza, basketball shaped pizza (laces drawn in sauce), GIANT
> pizza, pizza by da foot pizza......
>
> stnkfret wrote in message <7fjlcd$tr$1...@news.laserlink.net>...
> >You forgot the most annoying off all.
> >
> >"PIZZA! PIZZA!"
> >
> >Forgive me for chiming in so late.
> >emily

Well, I worked at LC's for about 3 weeks before the company repo'd the franchise
(owner was seriously delinquent)...anyway, while I was there I read the
employee's handbook....did you know that the company actually expects you to
knock, ring the doorbell and say "Little Caesar's, Pizza Pizza!"
Guess how many times I actually said that.

John, the now ex-pizza driver :o(

Chris Young

Apr 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/21/99

Scott P. wrote in message ...

>Another JayBee <tdod...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
>> When I worked for Little Squeezer's a couple of years ago, I had this
>repeat
>> customer (I always seemed to get him) who would always offer me an extra
>tip
>> to say "Pizza! Pizza!" or "Delivery! Delivery!".
>>
>> IC - "Awww, c'mon man, it won't kill ya to say it! I'll give ya more
>money!"
>>
>> Me - (managing a smile) "No. That'll be $12.78, sir. Good day."
>>

>hahahaha If it was for an extra tip, I'd stand on my head, go into a
>handstand, do a couple flips, while singing the start spangled banner.
Seems
>to me saying "Pizza Pizza" would almost be too easy. :)
>
>Scott

Sorry. I happen to have a bit too much pride to ever do this. I would just
smile and laugh sarcastically that they would even think that I 'might' do
this.

--
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street
with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are beautiful.

Victor Bravo

Apr 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/22/99
In article <7flgh1$3u1$0...@208.236.238.25>,

"Chris Young" <bru...@magpage.com> wrote:

> Scott P. wrote in message ...
> >Another JayBee <tdod...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> >> When I worked for Little Squeezer's a couple of years ago, I had this
> >repeat
> >> customer (I always seemed to get him) who would always offer me an extra
> >tip
> >> to say "Pizza! Pizza!" or "Delivery! Delivery!".
> >>
> >> IC - "Awww, c'mon man, it won't kill ya to say it! I'll give ya more
> >money!"
> >>
> >> Me - (managing a smile) "No. That'll be $12.78, sir. Good day."
> >>

> >hahahaha If it was for an extra tip, I'd stand on my head, go into a
> >handstand, do a couple flips, while singing the start spangled banner.
> Seems
> >to me saying "Pizza Pizza" would almost be too easy. :)
> >
> >Scott
>
> Sorry. I happen to have a bit too much pride to ever do this. I would just
> smile and laugh sarcastically that they would even think that I 'might' do
> this.

I'm with you on this one, Chris. One family insisted that the phone person
promised I would sing "Happy Birthday" for their five year old boy. I kinda
laughed and politely declined. They kept trying to coax me. I finally agreed
to accompany them in singing, but I would not sing solo. "Believe me", I told
them "having me sing to you ain't no birthday treat." -- Victor Bravo

"A gift for quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit."
W. Somerset Maugham

houghi

Apr 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/24/99
On Thu, 22 Apr 1999 05:14:43 GMT, Victor Bravo
<victo...@my-dejanews.com> wrote:
<snip>

>> Sorry. I happen to have a bit too much pride to ever do this. I would just
>> smile and laugh sarcastically that they would even think that I 'might' do
>> this.
>
> I'm with you on this one, Chris. One family insisted that the phone person
>promised I would sing "Happy Birthday" for their five year old boy. I kinda
>laughed and politely declined. They kept trying to coax me. I finally agreed
>to accompany them in singing, but I would not sing solo. "Believe me", I told
>them "having me sing to you ain't no birthday treat." -- Victor Bravo

What you can do is just kep on singing. Start the song over and over
again. Go to the child very close up. If you look at them at 2" away,
with angry eyes and shout the song with a low voice, suddenly they
will not like it anymore.

houghi - delete uh something, like, uh well uh, my return adres is not ok.
--
I am back, and I STILL don't like HTML on Usenet
> http://www.ping.be/houghi/nohtml

Chris Young

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99

houghi wrote in message <372da1c2...@news.ping.be>...

Go to the child very close up. If you look at them at 2" away,
>with angry eyes and shout the song with a low voice, suddenly they
>will not like it anymore.

Remind me not to invite you to either of my kids birthday parties next year.
Nothing personal.