Parnello's Pizza memories

Will Dockery

Sep 25, 2013, 3:18:45 AM9/25/13
[QUOTE who="riceboy1701e"]<quoted text>
Yes, I completely agree Will. Timmy even wrote some articles on me, the most famous of which was about my getting tossed from the Iron Works for selling pizzas inside, against the rules and taking precious sales away from the IW concession stand.
Chitwood, unfortunately, has no more clout or influence at the L-E. The old guard is just about gone. Richard Hyatt is a guest columnist, Mike Owen is still there, but everyone else is a noob. Tiffany can't write her way out of a paper bag. Dimon Kendrick Holmes...I *had* respect for him until his snarky, sarcastic "We're changing the way you can comment and there's nothing you can do about it...NEENER NEENER" and basically being a smartass about it.
Oh well. The L-E's loss and our gain. We old farts are here to comment and stay. Let them deal with Wallace.
Just so proud to be here![/QUOTE]

Interesting about the pizza controversy, I was in the pizzeria business for over a decade, and helped launch a couple of mom-and-pop independant pizza joints with friends, Parnello's Pizza and Capone's Pizzeria, both of which unfortunately went under with Obama's inability to turn the economy around... or that's what it seemed like happened.

Parnello's Pizza flyer I designed:

http://picyou.com/9PSyV3

The Tarzan Pizza:

http://picyou.com/Ek6E1g

Actually, the biggerst boom for pizza I know of was during the early parts of the last decade, when Fort Benning was filled with troops and training troops, the better established Pizza Roma flourished during those years, circa 2001-2006 or so.

Anyway, who did you deal pizza for back then?

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

rfg...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2018, 1:29:31 PM6/19/18
That idiot Pasko over at Pizza Roma couldn't hold a candle to your achievements in the field of pizza proprietorship