VERONICA 30W VARIABLE POWER FM TRANSMITTER

DMS Rumba FM

May 6, 2004, 5:23:10 PM5/6/04
I HAVE A VERONICA 30W VARIABLE POWER FM TRANSMITTER, BUT IT'S ONLY
TRANSMITTING 10W.
WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM?

IT HAS A 1W PLL DRIVE, I WAS WONDERING IF THIS IS THE REASON FOR ONLY
GETTING 10W INSTEAD OF 30W AS ADVERTISED BY HOBBYTRON.

BY THE WAY I WON THIS UNIT ON EBAY AUCTION.

BIAS COMMS

May 6, 2004, 5:28:55 PM5/6/04
DMS Rumba FM inscribed:

The last Veronica "30 Watt" transmitter we saw did just over 12 Watts at
"full power". This is probably typical.

Their "1 Watt" PLL board just about manages 800 mW, and about 650 mW of that
is on the right frequency.

If you paid more than $40 (the parts price), you've been done.

--
BIAS COMMS

Everything gets easier with practice, except getting up in the morning!

Gary

May 6, 2004, 10:05:36 PM5/6/04
This is true. Their 25 watt amplifier actually produces 18 watts with a full
1.2 watt drive. The 30 watt transmitter has a 1 watt coming off the main
board, a 5 watt amp which goes into a 30 watt amp. What a mess.
"BIAS COMMS" <bias...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

simpl...@hotmail.com

May 7, 2004, 11:37:39 AM5/7/04
Where are you mate?
I can send someone round to check
the power output to see what's going on.

AM200

May 8, 2004, 8:30:31 AM5/8/04
Hello,

Why do you think it was sold on an auction site! So the buyer can't test
it, see it or know the true identity of the person selling if there are any
problems.

"DMS Rumba FM" <dmsr...@hotmail.com> wrote in message