Conspiracy

1 view

Nathan Smith

Mar 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/20/96
On the Tyson - Bruno fight...

Apparently Tyson bribed Bruno before the fight for the win... they were
seen in the cafeteria earlier in the afternoon.

Amazing what you can do with a plate of fries and a handi-wipe these days.

Nate 'sometimes it makes me wonder how I keep from going under' Smith

Dave Calam

Mar 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/21/96
On 20 Mar 1996, Nathan Smith wrote:

> On the Tyson - Bruno fight...
>
> Apparently Tyson bribed Bruno before the fight for the win... they were
> seen in the cafeteria earlier in the afternoon.

This could be the only explanation.

> Amazing what you can do with a plate of fries and a handi-wipe these days.

"Hey Jimmy, how about a nice piece of fish?"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Dave "don't push me `cause I'm close to the edge" Calam
<ca...@CS.URegina.CA>

natasha

Mar 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/23/96
Dave proclaimed on 20 March:

: Dave "don't push me `cause I'm close to the edge" Calam

But, my dear, this is always the best time to push someone. As you are
standing there at the edge, wondering if you can fly, a good shove will
usually give you the answer. (Unless, of course, you are a sheep, in
which case you will simply fall off, and land with your feet sticking up
in the air, if you can be seen at all from above....)

--Natasha

Jeff O'Brien

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
nat...@ccnet.com (natasha) wrote:

>But, my dear, this is always the best time to push someone. As you are
>standing there at the edge, wondering if you can fly, a good shove will
>usually give you the answer. (Unless, of course, you are a sheep, in

And as we all know, the secret of flying is to fall down, and miss.
As I recall the trick is to be suddenly distracted at the last moment.
This sounds a little difficult to put into practice, but again I'd
suggest asking John "Knows All Tells Some" Bayko about it.

Jeff "Knows Little, Lies Well" O'Brien

John Bayko

Mar 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/31/96
In article <4j9g98$8...@crc-news.doc.ca>,

"The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject
of flying.
"There is an art, it says, or rather a knack to flying.
"The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and
miss.
[...]
"Most people fail to miss the ground, and if they are really trying
properly, the likelihood is that they will fail to miss it fairly hard.
"Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the
difficulties."
[directions follow]
-- "Life, the universe and everything",
Douglas Adams.

In reality, it turns out that this isn't how to fly, but rather,
how to *orbit*. For further clarification, just apply a = v^2/r to
your situation.

--
John Bayko (Tau).
ba...@cs.uregina.ca

Irv M

Mar 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/31/96
ba...@ARISTOTLE.CS.UREGINA.CA (John Bayko) wrote:

Yes, but in actuality, we're all flying
(actually falling - and whether it's up or down remains unclear).
The only problem with this arrangement is that the planet Earth is
falling right along with us, and the Earth, being a massive body,
seems overly attracted to me
(as are some women, also of unfortunately large mass).
This makes it difficult for me to part company with said Earth for any
sustained period of time.

This is a delightful group - are outsiders allowed to join?

i...@ellijay.com

Naughty ol' Internet - bad, bad, bad
Made me see things I never had
Made me think things I shouldn'ta thought
Nice to know that it's not MY fault!
thank you Sen.Exon

roo...@meena.cc.uregina.ca

Mar 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/31/96
In a previous article, nat...@ccnet.com (natasha) wrote:
->Dave proclaimed on 20 March:
->
->: Dave "don't push me `cause I'm close to the edge" Calam
->
->
->But, my dear, this is always the best time to push someone. As you are
->standing there at the edge, wondering if you can fly, a good shove will
->usually give you the answer. (Unless, of course, you are a sheep, in
->which case you will simply fall off, and land with your feet sticking up
->in the air, if you can be seen at all from above....)
->
->--Natasha

Ha ha! It is always a good time to push someone isn't it my dear Natasha? In
fact, it would be especially good in Dave's case. He is so close to the edge
that he'd probably drag you down with him. >:+>

---Rowdy Roddy Rooster...

natasha

Mar 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/31/96
roo...@meena.cc.uregina.ca wrote:

: Ha ha! It is always a good time to push someone isn't it my dear Natasha? In

: fact, it would be especially good in Dave's case. He is so close to the edge
: that he'd probably drag you down with him. >:+>

Why Rooster, how charming of you to rejoin the foray. You will behave,
yes? If not, I shall definitely push you off the closest cliff to a most
unfortunate yet timely demise. In the meantime, please remember to pick
up your socks and recycle the empties.

--Natasha

Selki

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96
Irv M (i...@ellijay.com) wrote:
:
: This is a delightful group - are outsiders allowed to join?

Well, I was never formally invited, but I do occasionally chip in, and
nobody's asked me to move along, buddy, nothing to see here. There used
to be a FAQ at http://meena.cc.uregina.ca/~smithn/ap/, but I just checked
and it seems to be gone!

I missed the first post of this thread, so am assuming there must be a
logical explanation why it isn't called "Conespiracy".

-- se...@clark.net
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that
can be counted counts." - Big Al

A.Stevens

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96
Dave Calam <ca...@HERCULES.CS.UREGINA.CA> wrote:
[yada yada yada]

> help yourself to the dip.

HEY! I resemble that remark! It's a conspiracy I tell you.

Whamo - back to the subject

A.Stevens

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96
i...@ellijay.com (Irv M) wrote:

>Yes, but in actuality, we're all flying
>(actually falling - and whether it's up or down remains unclear).

Yes we are all falling, not only in a relative way but also a
spiritual sort of way. "The fall of man" meaning our tendancy towards
sin. Now the Catholic church has ranked these sins in order of their
severity. I tend to think of a row of nuns holding up scorecards
giving me 5.5 5.9 5.6 5.4 and 6.0 from the Russian nun. The Russians
always grade hard.

>This makes it difficult for me to part company with said Earth for any
>sustained period of time.

I know the feeling. I always keep a handful of dirt in my pocket.

>This is a delightful group - are outsiders allowed to join?

Yes of course. But once you join, you are no longer considered an
outsider which makes me think if you really were an outsider would you
want to join in?

Whamo - cross references appear in small capitals

Dave Calam

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96
On Sun, 31 Mar 1996, Irv M wrote:

> This is a delightful group - are outsiders allowed to join?
>
> i...@ellijay.com

Oh, I don't see why not. Pull up a bean-bag chair and relax.

Say... is Irv your real name? I thought the only people called Irv were
uncles on American sit-coms.

-=-=-=-=-
Dave "you fool, you fell for the bean-bag chair trick! Now you will never
be able to leave... Bwah hah hah hah!" Calam
<ca...@CS.URegina.CA>

Nathan Smith

Apr 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/4/96
In article <31e7cc$1512...@royal.lanyap.com>, Irv M <i...@ellijay.com> wrote:
>ba...@ARISTOTLE.CS.UREGINA.CA (John Bayko) wrote:

>Yes, but in actuality, we're all flying
>(actually falling - and whether it's up or down remains unclear).

Well, we really aren't falling up *or* down, more like towards. For
those of you who don't know (but everyone on pinecone knows anyways)
Newton's laws state that the natural state of everything is rest or
movement in a straight line. Unfortunately, that big mean Sun, the bully
of our Solar system decided that we don't neet to be at a natural state
and thus decided to pull us. Luckily for us, we can hold our own as
well, and by realizing that Mm
F = ---
d^2 we can feel relatively safe that we
won't spiral into the Sun anytime soon.

>The only problem with this arrangement is that the planet Earth is
>falling right along with us, and the Earth, being a massive body,
>seems overly attracted to me
>(as are some women, also of unfortunately large mass).

>This makes it difficult for me to part company with said Earth for any
>sustained period of time.

I would imagine the problem is that you're being too nice. Just tell her
the relationship isn't working out and you'll be floating in space before
you can say 'just kidding'

>This is a delightful group - are outsiders allowed to join?

Encouraged, actually, but we won't teach you the secret handshake until
we can trust you with our sacred cabbage. (Sprouts -- Brussels or
Alfalfa -- do not count)

That reminds me of something I saw the other day. I was walking down
l'aisle at my favourite market and saw a li'l box of alfalfa sprouts, and
on the front a large sticker proclaimed 'So fresh, they're alive!'
(exclamation point *not* added for drama). I just wonder how
vegetarians can live with themselves after throwing a handful of these
into their bean cheese and cardboard pancakes.

John Bayko

Apr 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/4/96
Irv M <i...@ellijay.com> wrote:

>This is a delightful group - are outsiders allowed to join?

No, because once you've joined, you've become an insider - there are
no outsiders inside this group.
We don't have any insiders outside the group either...

John Bayko

Apr 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/4/96
In article <4k10t9$b...@sue.cc.uregina.ca>,

Nathan Smith <smi...@HERCULES.CS.UREGINA.CA> wrote:

>That reminds me of something I saw the other day. I was walking down
>l'aisle at my favourite market and saw a li'l box of alfalfa sprouts, and
>on the front a large sticker proclaimed 'So fresh, they're alive!'
>(exclamation point *not* added for drama). I just wonder how
>vegetarians can live with themselves after throwing a handful of these
>into their bean cheese and cardboard pancakes.

Frankly, I'd be more worried about them putting down roots in my
digestive system after I've eaten them...

natasha

Apr 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/5/96
John Bayko (ba...@BOREALIS.CS.UREGINA.CA) wrote:
: In article <4k10t9$b...@sue.cc.uregina.ca>,
: Nathan Smith <smi...@HERCULES.CS.UREGINA.CA> wrote:

: >l'aisle at my favourite market and saw a li'l box of alfalfa sprouts, and

: >on the front a large sticker proclaimed 'So fresh, they're alive!'
: >(exclamation point *not* added for drama). I just wonder how
: >vegetarians can live with themselves after throwing a handful of these
: >into their bean cheese and cardboard pancakes.

: Frankly, I'd be more worried about them putting down roots in my
: digestive system after I've eaten them...

Oddly, Nate's post has not shown up here yet, but I will address it
anyway. Having been a vegetarian for seven years, I cam safely say that
cardboard is not a staple of the vegetarian diet. I also had a thriving
little business for a short time selling sprouting jars during the same
phase of my life. Try a hefty clump of radish sprouts sometime.

As for Mr Bayko's comment, I think this would only happen if you also eat
a lot of mud, or mud pies.

--Natasha,
vegged out

Sonic Purity

Apr 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/10/96
In article <4k10t9$b...@sue.cc.uregina.ca>, smi...@HERCULES.CS.UREGINA.CA
(Nathan Smith) kindly preserved what Irv wrote (which scrolled off my
server) to wit:

>In article <31e7cc$1512...@royal.lanyap.com>, Irv M <i...@ellijay.com> wrote:

>>The only problem with this arrangement is that the planet Earth is
>>falling right along with us, and the Earth, being a massive body,
>>seems overly attracted to me
>>(as are some women, also of unfortunately large mass).

Unfortunately?! Sheesh, some guys have all the luck... (followup to
alt.sex.fat)

>>This makes it difficult for me to part company with said Earth for any
>>sustained period of time.
>
>I would imagine the problem is that you're being too nice. Just tell her
>the relationship isn't working out and you'll be floating in space before
>you can say 'just kidding'
>

>That reminds me of something I saw the other day. I was walking down

>l'aisle at my favourite market and saw a li'l box of alfalfa sprouts, and
>on the front a large sticker proclaimed 'So fresh, they're alive!'
>(exclamation point *not* added for drama). I just wonder how
>vegetarians can live with themselves after throwing a handful of these
>into their bean cheese and cardboard pancakes.

The veggies around these parts seem to have absolutely have no problem
mastering hypocrisy and denial, by and large. I can hardly wait for the
next one to bring up Consolidated's principle of "speciesism" in light of
Nate's sprout findings:-D. BTW, a friend told me of an anti-vegetarian web
page somewhere at http://www.switchboard.com, but my imagemap-challenged
browser could not lead me to it<waaa>.

))Sonic((
who has conveniently misplaced the pinecone facts & figures datasheet

--
All spelling & grammar errors ©1996 Sonic Purity.

§ Now available in two tasty flavors: new (soni...@sirius.com) and original (soni...@aol.com) §
@@ Demopublicans are dead,
@ @ ribbons are blue.
@ @ Support free speech online
@@ (and everywhere else too)
@ @
@ @
@ @

Colin Reid

Apr 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/10/96
On 5 Apr 1996, natasha wrote:

> Oddly, Nate's post has not shown up here yet, but I will address it
> anyway. Having been a vegetarian for seven years, I cam safely say that
> cardboard is not a staple of the vegetarian diet.

Hmm. Interesting, you must have turned veggie around the same time as I
did. I don't eat particularly intelligently, myself. I live on a lot of
junk food. Sure it takes years off your life, but they're the ones at
the end, anyway.
Cardboard is getting a bad rep. It's got a nice woody, salty taste, and
a good corrugation makes for nice texture. Not that I would know.... :)
My mother eats rice cakes and such, which I find very cardboardian (my
own ugly non-word :) ), although I think cardboard actually has more
taste. Again, not that I would know...... :)

You are what you eat, so I must be a vegetable. Or more accurately, a
potato chip. :)

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Colin Reid, co-founder of the Recreational House Destroying Club
GM of the GIHL's Mexico City Gringos
e-mail: Re...@CS.URegina.Ca www: http://www.cs.uregina.ca/~reidc/
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

John Bayko

Apr 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/12/96
In article <4k40ar$a...@ccnet3.ccnet.com>,

natasha <nat...@ccnet.com> wrote:
>Having been a vegetarian for seven years, I cam safely say that
>cardboard is not a staple of the vegetarian diet.

I recall a student once, for fun, compared the nutrition of a
breakfast cereal by feeding it to one rat, and the cardboard box it
came in to another. It turned out that the rat that ate the box was
healthier.
Of couse, rats can digest cellulose and humand can't, but it was a
very good point anyway.

natasha

Apr 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/14/96
Colin Reid (re...@HERCULES.CS.UREGINA.CA) wrote:

: I live on a lot of junk food. Sure it takes years off your life, but

: they're the ones at the end, anyway.

Well said. Why stick around to see everything on the planet made in
China? Why stick around to see the end of the rain forests? Why stick
around to have your kids throw you in a rest home? I rather like your
logic, Col. Certainly the quality of one's life is improved this way.

: My mother eats rice cakes and such, which I find very cardboardian (my

: own ugly non-word :) ), although I think cardboard actually has more
: taste. Again, not that I would know...... :)

Only the unsalted ones taste like cardboard. Of this I am certain.
Don't ask for details; I might have to tell a lie. And cardboardian is a
fine word...I suggest you submit it for consideration to those folks who
put out the OED (not to be confused with QED).

--Natasha

natasha

Apr 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/14/96
John Bayko (ba...@BOREALIS.CS.UREGINA.CA) wrote:

: I recall a student once, for fun, compared the nutrition of a

: breakfast cereal by feeding it to one rat, and the cardboard box it
: came in to another. It turned out that the rat that ate the box was
: healthier.
: Of couse, rats can digest cellulose and humand can't, but it was a
: very good point anyway.

But do you know what kind of cereal it was? Aren't Weetabix made of
cardboard? I think Grape Nuts are made of rocks. Maybe the rat was
eating Grape Nuts?

just musing.

--Natasha

Sonic Purity

Apr 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/15/96

What about the edible packing peanuts (the ones made out of the same
stuff as rice cakes)? Were they included in the study? (apparently not).
Grape Nuts are just rock wannabes. The real stones are the pebbles
which insist on sticking to my lettuce and hiding therein through the
rinse cycle, just to see if they can undo one of my many fillings:=

))Sonic((
who once used corrugated cardboard as a surrogate PCB and built a phono
preamp on it.

John Bayko

Apr 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/17/96
In article <4krv1i$d...@ccnet3.ccnet.com>,
natasha <nat...@ccnet.com> wrote:

>Colin Reid (re...@HERCULES.CS.UREGINA.CA) wrote:
>
>: My mother eats rice cakes and such, which I find very cardboardian (my
>: own ugly non-word :) ), although I think cardboard actually has more
>: taste. Again, not that I would know...... :)
>
>Only the unsalted ones taste like cardboard. Of this I am certain.

I hate salted rice cakes. They make the peanut butter taste
funny.

John Bayko

Apr 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/17/96
In article <4krv7b$d...@ccnet3.ccnet.com>,

natasha <nat...@ccnet.com> wrote:
>John Bayko (ba...@BOREALIS.CS.UREGINA.CA) wrote:
>
>But do you know what kind of cereal it was? Aren't Weetabix made of
>cardboard? I think Grape Nuts are made of rocks. Maybe the rat was
>eating Grape Nuts?

I know very little about 'healthy' cereals. I'll just as soon have
a Pizza Pop for breakfast as anything else. I don't believe in
following that corporate-planned "you *must* eat cereal for breakfast,
because nothing else in the universe can be eaten for breakfast - WE
SAY SO"... D'ya know that Kellogs is a bigger company than Intel, and
they got that way simply by convincing people that eating breakfast
cereal is normal? A hundred years ago it wasn't normal - in fact, it
would've been considered downright la-dee-dah to eat mushed flakes
soaking in milk instead of scrambled eggs or oatmeal.
Never underestimate the fact that advertising *can* change the
world 180 degrees...

>just musing.
just muslix.

(oh no! a CASCADE STARTS!!)

natasha

Apr 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/17/96
John Bayko (ba...@BOREALIS.CS.UREGINA.CA) wrote:

: I know very little about 'healthy' cereals. I'll just as soon have

: a Pizza Pop for breakfast as anything else.

This must be some sort of Canadian thing, eh? Despite the fact that I've
no idea what you are referring to, I will say that cold mushroom pizza is
about the very best breakfast I can think of, next to Kellogg's Corn
Flakes, or Frosted Flakes, or Quaker Oat Flakes, or Post Blueberry Morning.

: D'ya know that Kellogs is a bigger company than Intel, and they got

: that way simply by convincing people that eating breakfast cereal is
: normal?

Hey, when Intel comes up with something as clever as Kel-Bowl Paks, they
too will become wildly successful. ;)

: >just musing.

: just muslix.
: (oh no! a CASCADE STARTS!!)

Nah, I can't think of a thing to follow, except maybe a glass of
grapefruit juice. :)

--Natasha,
wondering how Motorola stacks up against Kellogg"s

A.Stevens

Apr 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/18/96
ba...@BOREALIS.CS.UREGINA.CA (John Bayko) wrote:

> I hate salted rice cakes. They make the peanut butter taste
>funny.

Yes but they make good beer coasters because the don't stick to the
glass.

Whamo - I ate a rice cake once, haven't gotten over it yet.

Jeff O'Brien

Apr 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/18/96

>: >just musing.
>: just muslix.
Just muscatel

Jeff "i have interesting breakfasts" O'Brien

A.Stevens

Apr 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/18/96
ba...@BOREALIS.CS.UREGINA.CA (John Bayko) wrote:

> Never underestimate the fact that advertising *can* change the
>world 180 degrees...

There was more to it than just advertising (or should I say false
advertising). Other than promoting improved physical powers the cereal
makers promoted convenience. With out the added convenience, I don't
think people would have switched to cereal. Look at what other food
items have taken off..... fast-food (hamburgers, pizza), frozen food,
Bacardi Breezers, to name a few..... Yes advertising did its part but
changing the world 180 degrees? IMHO it was more like 60 degrees.

>>just musing.
>just muslix.
just mussels

Whamo

Sonic Purity

Apr 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/18/96
In article <4l4b3l$9...@ccnet3.ccnet.com>, nat...@ccnet.com (natasha) wrote:

>This must be some sort of Canadian thing, eh? Despite the fact that I've
>no idea what you are referring to, I will say that cold mushroom pizza is
>about the very best breakfast I can think of, next to Kellogg's Corn
>Flakes, or Frosted Flakes, or Quaker Oat Flakes, or Post Blueberry Morning.

Bleah! Ptwww! Pish-tush! [short "u" sound on that last one, please]
Cold pizza is only for those without a working microwave oven (or
traumatized tastebuds)! And baked Smarties (US, not Canadian) with maple
syrup rule the breakfast nookŠKellogg's, step off!

>: D'ya know that Kellogs is a bigger company than Intel, and they got
>: that way simply by convincing people that eating breakfast cereal is
>: normal?
>
>Hey, when Intel comes up with something as clever as Kel-Bowl Paks, they
>too will become wildly successful. ;)

Didn't i read that they marketed their cereals as *health food* when
they were starting up in the late 1800's? My, what changes a century can
bring....

>--Natasha,
>wondering how Motorola stacks up against Kellogg"s

Their chips taste better...

))Sonic((
who doesn't really eat baked Smarties with maple syrup
but also keeps both Kellogg's and Intel out of his house

natasha

Apr 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/21/96
Sonic Purity (soni...@sirius.com) wrote:
: In article <4l4b3l$9...@ccnet3.ccnet.com>, nat...@ccnet.com (natasha) wrote:

: Cold pizza is only for those without a working microwave oven (or
: traumatized tastebuds)!

Nonsense. Obviously you've been buying cheezy pizza. (I'm sorry, really
I am, that comment just couldn't be halped.) Anyway, a decent pizza will
taste marvelous when it's cold (assuming of course, that it's been fully
cooked at some previous point in time) and not full of fatty meat. For
the record, I do *not* have a microwave (I've an irrational fear of them),
nor have I traumatized tastebuds (delightfully alliterative phrase).

--Natasha

John Bayko

Apr 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/21/96
In article <sonicpty-150...@ppp140-sf2.sirius.com>,

Sonic Purity <soni...@sirius.com> wrote:

> What about the edible packing peanuts (the ones made out of the same
>stuff as rice cakes)?
...um, puffed rice?

>Were they included in the study? (apparently not).

I've discovered that if you squeeze a styrofoam packing peanut
exactly midway from the long ends, exactly vertically to the shiny
flat surfaces, they will explode with a very noticable 'pop'ing sound,
92.4% of the time.
I have yet to fins a practical application for this, however.

>))Sonic((
>who once used corrugated cardboard as a surrogate PCB and built a phono
>preamp on it.

I can believe that. I never underestimate cardboard.

John Bayko

Apr 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/21/96

natasha <nat...@ccnet.com> wrote:
>John Bayko (ba...@BOREALIS.CS.UREGINA.CA) wrote:
>
>: I know very little about 'healthy' cereals. I'll just as soon have
>: a Pizza Pop for breakfast as anything else.
>
>This must be some sort of Canadian thing, eh?

I thought Pilsbury Pizza Pops (actually frozen panzarotti with
creative fillings) were American... the Canadian version would be
McCain's (McCain Ellios, in the U.S - I've seen the commercials) Pizza
Pockets.
Either way, the idea is to stick pizza stuff into either a folded
crust ('Pops) or a bun ('Pockets)... and heat 'em up in a microwave
when you're hungry.

>Despite the fact that I've
>no idea what you are referring to, I will say that cold mushroom pizza is
>about the very best breakfast I can think of, next to Kellogg's Corn
>Flakes, or Frosted Flakes, or Quaker Oat Flakes, or Post Blueberry Morning.

Yesterday, I had a fajitas-stuffed Pizza Pop for breakfast/lunch
(I got up late), and french toast for supper. Normally that'd be
reversed, but my mother wasn't feeling well - don't ask me where the
logic is in that reasoning because there isn't any - it just kind of
jumbled into place that way.
I muched on a bowl of puffed wheat before going to bed.

>: >just musing.
>: just muslix.
>: (oh no! a CASCADE STARTS!!)
>
>Nah, I can't think of a thing to follow, except maybe a glass of
>grapefruit juice. :)

sigh...

>--Natasha,
>wondering how Motorola stacks up against Kellogg"s

Actually, they're bigger, but I think that's because they're into
cellular phones as well.

Sonic Purity

Apr 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/23/96
In article <4ldtl2$b...@ccnet3.ccnet.com>, nat...@ccnet.com (natasha) wrote:

>Nonsense. Obviously you've been buying cheezy pizza. (I'm sorry, really
>I am, that comment just couldn't be halped.) Anyway, a decent pizza will
>taste marvelous when it's cold (assuming of course, that it's been fully
>cooked at some previous point in time) and not full of fatty meat. For
>the record, I do *not* have a microwave (I've an irrational fear of them),
>nor have I traumatized tastebuds (delightfully alliterative phrase).
>
>--Natasha

Hah!, there ya go, no microwaveŠ.:) SoŠwhat's a decent pizza? I've gone
from Arinelle to Zachary's, veg., "chez" only, and meated, NONE of which
tasted any better than desperation-choice cold, but all OK to stellar hot.

(HmmmŠis there such a thing as vegan pizza?)

))Sonic((
*still* waiting for Natasha to tell him what resistor croaked in the SE/30.
hugs his microwave oven every day when it's running;)

Sonic Purity

Apr 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/23/96
In article <4l65lm$a...@uuneo.neosoft.com>, aste...@neosoft.com
(A.Stevens) wrote:

>ba...@BOREALIS.CS.UREGINA.CA (John Bayko) wrote:
>
>>>just musing.
>>just muslix.
>just mussels

just multiplexing

))Sonic((

John Bayko

Apr 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/23/96
In article <sonicpty-180...@ppp139-sf2.sirius.com>,

Sonic Purity <soni...@sirius.com> wrote:
>In article <4l4b3l$9...@ccnet3.ccnet.com>,
> nat...@ccnet.com (natasha) wrote:
>
>>: D'ya know that Kellogs is a bigger company than Intel, and they got
>>: that way simply by convincing people that eating breakfast cereal is
>>: normal?
>>
>>Hey, when Intel comes up with something as clever as Kel-Bowl Paks, they
>>too will become wildly successful. ;)
>
> Didn't i read that they marketed their cereals as *health food* when
>they were starting up in the late 1800's? My, what changes a century can
>bring....

And a billion dollars of advertizing...
Up next - why people actually argue about why one type of fizzy
carmel-y cola flavoured bottle of water is *better* than another
identical type of fizzy carmel-y cola flavoured bottle of water.

Sheldon Cooke

Apr 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/24/96
On 18 Apr 1996, Jeff O'Brien wrote:

> >: >just musing.
> >: just muslix.
> Just muscatel
Jump musk-oxen

|It's a bright June Afternoon where I am Sleeping in my Car, |
|Spending My Time, wondering How Do You Do, feeling Vulnerable, |
|after watching all those Fireworks go Crash! Boom! Bang! I go on |
|a Joyride, 'coz I got The Look, totally Dressed for Success. The |
|way I drive is Dangerous, but you gotta Listen To Your Heart, |
|before you are Fading Like A Flower...that's the Big L, you Queen |
|of Rain...it's Almost Unreal...yes, It Must Have Been Love. |
|You Don't Understand Me....'coz I Don't Want to Get Hurt. |
|I try to find you....but they say She Doesn't Live Here Anymore |

|Sheldon Cooke http://www.cs.uregina.ca/~cooke|
|co...@cs.uregina.ca Roxette Fan Eternal|
|"Don't Bore Us, Get To The Chorus" |
| Roxette's Greatest Hits, 1986-1996|

A.Stevens

Apr 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/24/96
ba...@BOREALIS.CS.UREGINA.CA (John Bayko) wrote:

> And a billion dollars of advertizing...
> Up next - why people actually argue about why one type of fizzy
>carmel-y cola flavoured bottle of water is *better* than another
>identical type of fizzy carmel-y cola flavoured bottle of water.

How about several beer companies telling you that you will be active
in sports and surrounded with beautiful women when in reality you will
be docile hanging out with other pot bellied men wondering when the
bikini team will show up?

Whamo - two days, no TV and counting

natasha

Apr 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/24/96
Sonic Purity (soni...@sirius.com) wrote:

: *still* waiting for Natasha to tell him what resistor croaked in the SE/30.

Oh. I didn't know you had asked. The ISP from hell strikes again.
Which one? I really don't remember. One of the little brown ones. :)
I'd have to dig out the trouble shooting book, and God only knows where
that might be. If you saw the room where my computer stuff is, you would
understand this completely. :/

--Natasha

natasha

Apr 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/24/96
John Bayko (ba...@BOREALIS.CS.UREGINA.CA) wrote:

: Up next - why people actually argue about why one type of fizzy

: carmel-y cola flavoured bottle of water is *better* than another
: identical type of fizzy carmel-y cola flavoured bottle of water.

Hey, Diet Coke RULES and it tastes nothing like that evil other stuff.
If I could have only one other beverage besides water to drink, it would
be Diet Coke.

And yes, it's true, cola products were marketed as medicines, and did in
fact contain cocaine very early on. You can still get coke syrup at any
decent pharmacy and it is still works great, should you have the stomach
flu. This unpaid testimonial is my own. All usual disclaimers apply.

--Natasha

Nathan Smith

Apr 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/25/96
In article <4l5vsi$s...@crc-news.doc.ca>,

Jeff O'Brien <obrien....@ic.gc.ca> wrote:

>>: >just musing.
>>: just muslix.
>Just muscatel
just musky

Nate 'I wish Deputer Dawg was still on T.V.' Smith

Nathan Smith

Apr 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/25/96
In article <4ljkrl$h...@sue.cc.uregina.ca>,

John Bayko <ba...@BOREALIS.CS.UREGINA.CA> wrote:
>In article <sonicpty-180...@ppp139-sf2.sirius.com>,
> Sonic Purity <soni...@sirius.com> wrote:
>>In article <4l4b3l$9...@ccnet3.ccnet.com>,
>> nat...@ccnet.com (natasha) wrote:
>>
>>>: D'ya know that Kellogs is a bigger company than Intel, and they got
>>>: that way simply by convincing people that eating breakfast cereal is
>>>: normal?
>>>
>>>Hey, when Intel comes up with something as clever as Kel-Bowl Paks, they
>>>too will become wildly successful. ;)
>>
>> Didn't i read that they marketed their cereals as *health food* when
>>they were starting up in the late 1800's? My, what changes a century can
>>bring....
>
> And a billion dollars of advertizing...
> Up next - why people actually argue about why one type of fizzy
>carmel-y cola flavoured bottle of water is *better* than another
>identical type of fizzy carmel-y cola flavoured bottle of water.

It's just another entry on the list of 'Really stupid things that people
get excited about'. Like who's the cutest girl on Babewatch or whether
or not the New Star Trek is better than the Old Star Trek or if a Star
Destroyer could beat the Enterprise.

Some people just feel superior when they vent their airs on completely
subjective topics. It's especially amusing when they think they've won.

One of my favourite thoughts is this...I have three friends (since I only
have 5 and Dave and Col don't care, you can probably guess who they are)
who are sworn Coke drinkers and say "I can tell the difference, if
someone gave me Pepsi I'd throw up" I was actually amazed that they
could utter the name without charms of some kind. Anyways, we went to
one of those cheezy restaurants that seems to serve nothing but grilled
cheese sanwhiches and day old beef dip and at the counter they said 'I'll
have a Coke'. Well, the waitress didn't care what they thought and
served them the P-worded cola of ultimate doom. Despite the fact that
the cup said 7-up on it they proceeded to drink. To this day they refuse
to believe it was Pepsi, but I know the truth.

Nate 'give me something brown and fuzzy' Smith

Nate 'there are too many ways to take that last statement' Smith

A.Stevens

Apr 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/25/96
smi...@HERCULES.CS.UREGINA.CA (Nathan Smith) wrote:

>In article <4l5vsi$s...@crc-news.doc.ca>,
>Jeff O'Brien <obrien....@ic.gc.ca> wrote:
>>>

>>>: >just musing.
>>>: just muslix.
>>Just muscatel
>just musky

just money

Whamo - always thought "The World of Commander McBragg" should have
been it's own TV show.

John Bayko

Apr 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/25/96

In article <4lnfd0$d...@sue.cc.uregina.ca>,

Nathan Smith <smi...@HERCULES.CS.UREGINA.CA> wrote:
>In article <4ljkrl$h...@sue.cc.uregina.ca>,
> John Bayko <ba...@BOREALIS.CS.UREGINA.CA> wrote:
>
>> Up next - why people actually argue about why one type of fizzy
>>carmel-y cola flavoured bottle of water is *better* than another
>>identical type of fizzy carmel-y cola flavoured bottle of water.
>
>It's just another entry on the list of 'Really stupid things that people
>get excited about'. Like who's the cutest girl on Babewatch or whether
>or not the New Star Trek is better than the Old Star Trek

Hey! *Old* Star Trek! That's all that needs to be said.

>Nate 'give me something brown and fuzzy' Smith
>Nate 'there are too many ways to take that last statement' Smith

Here, have a tribble...

I have yet to care about: Coke vs Pepsi (I prefer Coke only
because it seems more traditional) or butter vs margerine (except that
margerine is cheaper, and you can get it in *white*!).

John Bayko

Apr 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/26/96

In article <sonicpty-230...@ppp126-sf2.sirius.com>,

Sonic Purity <soni...@sirius.com> wrote:

> SoŠwhat's a decent pizza? I've gone
>from Arinelle to Zachary's, veg., "chez" only, and meated, NONE of which
>tasted any better than desperation-choice cold, but all OK to stellar hot.

I've never found any pizza better than those in Regina... for some
reason, everywhere else they have some sort of phobia about
overlapping meat on pizzas - pepperoni are each allotted their own
hexagonal region on the pizza surface and are not allowed to intrude
into another pepperoni's territory.
Regina's the only place that I've found where three layers (of
anything, even stuff on vegetarian pizzas) is the *minimum*, and some
places make pizzas thicker than pastromi sandwiches.

> (HmmmŠis there such a thing as vegan pizza?)

Apparently in Canada it's illegal to use fake cheese on pizzas.
One pizza place proudly displayed this notice on it's pizza boxes, but
I'm not sure if that reassurred many people about the quality of their
food...

John Bayko

Apr 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/26/96

>>>just muslix.
>>just mussels
>just multiplexing

just doing several things at the same... um... lost my train of thought.

Colin Reid

Apr 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/27/96

On Tue, 23 Apr 1996, Sonic Purity wrote:

> Hah!, there ya go, no microwave=8A.:) So=8Awhat's a decent pizza? I've=

gone
> from Arinelle to Zachary's, veg., "chez" only, and meated, NONE of which

> tasted any better than desperation-choice cold, but all OK to stellar hot=
.

Yep, some people just prefer stuff warm that they're used to having=20
warm. I think that the main problem with cold pizza is that in order for=
=20
it to be allowed to get cold, you have to A) let it sit there and get dry=
=20
and turn into cardboard, or B) contain it in an airtight package and put=20
it in the fridge. A is no good, since nobody likes cardboard pizza, and=20
B may not be good either, because it could get cold enough that you have=20
to let it warm to room temperature before eating it.
Nah, I think I like putting it in the microwave. Of course, since I=20
never actually have LEFTOVER pizza, all this is trivial. :)
=20
> (Hmmm=8Ais there such a thing as vegan pizza?)

I don't know. Can vegans eat yeast?
Aside from that, I think all it would take is fake cheese (ah, the=20
miracle of the soy bean) and no meat.

-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=
=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D=
-=3D-
Colin Reid, co-founder of the Recreational House Destroying Club
=09=09 GM of the GIHL's Mexico City Gringos
e-mail: Re...@CS.URegina.Ca www: http://www.cs.uregina.ca/~reidc/
-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=
=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D=
-=3D-

i...@ellijay.com

Apr 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/27/96

nat...@ccnet.com (natasha) wrote:

>Sonic Purity (soni...@sirius.com) wrote:
>: In article <4l4b3l$9...@ccnet3.ccnet.com>, nat...@ccnet.com (natasha) wrote:

>: Cold pizza is only for those without a working microwave oven (or
>: traumatized tastebuds)!

Warning:
There is no known cure for cold pizza, only preventative measures.

For example:
"Quick! Another beer while this pizza is still hot!"

I, for one, take no chances - "Make that two!"

The opinions expressed are mine. They are also my employer's.
They would be everybody's if everybody weren't so darn dumb!

Dave Calam

Apr 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/27/96

On 26 Apr 1996, John Bayko wrote:

> I've never found any pizza better than those in Regina...

And I think we have all learned by now that John is never wrong :)

> Regina's the only place that I've found where three layers (of
> anything, even stuff on vegetarian pizzas) is the *minimum*, and some
> places make pizzas thicker than pastromi sandwiches.

Unless, of course, you are talking about the pastromi (or any other meat,
for that matter) sandwiches at the Chicago Deli in downtown Regina. If
you get less than 2" of thinly sliced meat, you have obviously done
something to piss off the owner.

-=-=-=-=-
Dave "mmm... meat" Calam
<ca...@CS.URegina.CA>

Sonic Purity

Apr 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/28/96

In article
<Pine.SGI.3.91.960427...@HERCULES.CS.UREGINA.CA>, Dave
Calam <ca...@HERCULES.CS.UREGINA.CA> wrote:

Hmmm..."pastromi"­is that named after my family's very deceased dog
Stromer, or is it pastrami marinated in Stroh's?
And are you Regina folks stealing and towing Chi-town Delis all the way
to your fair city from the Illinoisy state again? Or did y'all purchase
this one?

>-=-=-=-=-
>Dave "mmm... meat" Calam
><ca...@CS.URegina.CA>

^^^^^^^^^^a man who's taste in protein-rich foods is commendable.

))Sonic((
whos tastes must be condemnable since folks routinely condemn them.

John Bayko

Apr 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/28/96

In article <4lmied$h...@ccnet3.ccnet.com>,
natasha <nat...@ccnet.com> wrote:
> [...]

>And yes, it's true, cola products were marketed as medicines, and did in
>fact contain cocaine very early on.

Guess which cola was originally marketed as a cure for disPEPSIa?

John Bayko

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

In article <sonicpty-280...@ppp020-sf2.sirius.com>,
Sonic Purity <soni...@sirius.com> wrote:

> Hmmm..."pastromi"虹s that named after my family's very deceased dog

>Stromer, or is it pastrami marinated in Stroh's?

Pastronomi - the detailed study of luncheon meats in the sky.

Colin Reid

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

On Sun, 28 Apr 1996, Sonic Purity wrote:

> And are you Regina folks stealing and towing Chi-town Delis all the way
> to your fair city from the Illinoisy state again? Or did y'all purchase
> this one?

The best part of the "Chicago Deli" is that it sells "Authentic Gyros (or
was it souvlaki? Can't remember)." So basically, they're saying you
need to go to Chicago to get authentic greek food. Just another one of
those confusing things, eh?

Colin Reid, co-founder of the Recreational House Destroying Club

GM of the GIHL's Mexico City Gringos
e-mail: Re...@CS.URegina.Ca www: http://www.cs.uregina.ca/~reidc/

Jeff O'Brien

May 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/3/96

ba...@BOREALIS.CS.UREGINA.CA (John Bayko) wrote:

> Pastronomi - the detailed study of luncheon meats in the sky.

Not to be confused with gastronomy, the study of the dietary
habits of stellar objects.

Jeff