Guides on boxen and other phreaking circuitry/devices [modern]

Khelair

Nov 27, 2012, 11:35:30 PM11/27/12
to All
The last time I was in the phreaking scene was quite awhile back, I think i
was last active with a beige box sometime around 1996 or so... Since then I
have fallen out of phreaking information; I really only know that technology
has changed to the point where red/beige boxes (the ones I primarily used) are
completely obsolete. Well maybe not beige boxes, I still see the telco
'dildos' around that presumably you can still alligator clip onto once they're
open, but y'all know what I mean. I'd like to find some primers on what can be
done with cellfone technology and any modern exploits of landline technology or
any other that I just can't think of right now both for my own personal
interest and because I'm trying to build an archive on handy skills and like
subjects on a system that I'm allowing private access to.
Any information would be greatly appreciated. Also, although I'm still
building my archives and customizing the code that my system is running on, if
anybody is interested in checking out the text file library (and giving
suggestions on how to supplement it, or helping with that personally), mention
it on here and I'll get in touch with you via email or Fido or whatever is most
convenient.
--- Synchronet 3.16a-OpenBSD NewsLink 1.101
Tinfoil Tetrahedron: telnet://bismaninfo.hopto.org:8023/