Simple Programming Problem but How Many Ways to Do It?

PHPBABY3

Aug 26, 2023, 1:09:37 PM8/26/23
Program 1 returns a Boolean value call it A.
Program 2 returns a Boolean value call it B.
We want one program that returns A ^ B (the value of A and B).
We don’t want to call 1 and 2.
We want to take the code in these two programs and create a new program.

Assume we have the common commands and expression elements e.g. those of PHP.
How many different programs can we create?

PB3

Allodoxaphobia

Aug 27, 2023, 9:20:16 AM8/27/23
It's actually been a long time since I've seen a homework question on USENET.

J.O. Aho

Aug 27, 2023, 10:59:58 AM8/27/23
Maybe one of those that promised to not use ChatGPT ;)

--
//Aho

PHPBABY3

Sep 2, 2023, 2:36:22 PM9/2/23
I've never seen one. This is part of what I (arguably) believe is the most important problem of Computer Science - both in theory and practice.

C-B