Don't use GODADDY.COM they are a rip off company !!!

mynewsman32

Jan 26, 2012, 12:52:46 AM1/26/12
If you are looking for a domain name don't use godaddy.com
or www.maddogdomains.com (the same company) because
they ripped me off, charged me $80.00 for a miscellaneous
charge. When I asked (more than ten times) I was stuck in a loop
that the only responce is: I must provide my pin number. Which
does no good, because they just keep telling you, we would like
to help you but you still have not provided us with your pin number.
Conclusion they don't want to give refunds or explain why they
charge you more than 5 years worth of domain cost. I am afraid
if I put a stop payment on this charge I will then lose my
domain names and the 5 years payment for them as well.
What do you think?

Doug Miller

Jan 26, 2012, 8:13:30 AM1/26/12
mynewsman32 <mynew...@gmail.com> wrote in news:35cc4426-5555-4b4a-8101-
4bef6a...@ih8g2000pbc.googlegroups.com:
I think you should give them them the PIN -- assuming you have it, that is. They ask that to make
sure that you are who you claim you are. Do you really think that telling them your PIN will give them
some power over you, or your site(s), that they don't already have?

mynewsman32

Jan 27, 2012, 8:58:48 PM1/27/12
On Jan 26, 8:13 pm, Doug Miller <doug_at_milmac_dot_...@example.com>
wrote:
> mynewsman32 <mynewsma...@gmail.com> wrote in news:35cc4426-5555-4b4a-8101-
> 4bef6a68b...@ih8g2000pbc.googlegroups.com:
>
> > If you are looking for a domain name don't use godaddy.com
> > orwww.maddogdomains.com(the same company) because
> > they ripped me off, charged me $80.00 for a miscellaneous
> > charge. When I asked (more than ten times) I was stuck in a loop
> > that the only responce is: I must provide my pin number. Which
> > does no good, because they just keep telling you, we would like
> > to help you but you still have not provided us with your pin number.
> > Conclusion they don't want to give refunds or explain why they
> > charge you more than 5 years worth of domain cost. I am afraid
> > if I put a stop payment on this charge I will then lose my
> > domain names and the 5 years payment for them as well.
> > What do you think?
>
> I think you should give them them the PIN -- assuming you have it, that is. They ask that to make
> sure that you are who you claim you are. Do you really think that telling them your PIN will give them
> some power over you, or your site(s), that they don't already have?

Well you did not get the point, every time I gave them my pin number,
then my drivers license number, my passport number, I sent a picture
of
my passport, and my drivers license, and still every time they say
"we would like to help you but you still have not given us your pin
number." Now who has power over whom? They just want to steal your
money. You would like to think, this just happen to me, and in reality
godaddy is a good company, it's not, it is a rip off company. I know
a guy that works for a company that steals the good domain names,
they are told to do it, to send email notifications of expiring names
to old addresses in a form that is picked up as junk mail, then if the
people want the domain name back, they must pay like $200,000
they have no choice if they want to stay in business.

The world is not full of rainbows and puppies, it is full of sharks
and
snakes, and Godaddy.com is the snake.

Fred Atkinson

Jan 28, 2012, 10:05:17 AM1/28/12
Obviously, you've got the wrong PIN number.

Log into your online account and check your PIN number.

Log in, click on My Account, Settings, and then Account Security
Settings.

Your PIN number will show up on the right. It may not be what you
thought it was. You can change it from this screen if you want to.

Change the PIN number and press the Save Settings button.

Then call them again and give them your [new] PIN.

I've done business with Go Daddy for a long time. The only hit they
ever took was that they supported the SOPA. However, when they found
out how much their customers opposed the SOPA as written, they
withdrew their support for it.

They've been pretty good as long as I've done business with them. And
I've got a good handful of domains.

Fred Atkinson

Jerry Stuckle

Jan 28, 2012, 10:58:04 AM1/28/12
Here's a clue. Anonymous slanderers like you carry NO WEIGHT on usenet.

Especially when you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

mynewsman32

Jan 29, 2012, 3:01:29 AM1/29/12
On Jan 28, 10:05 pm, Fred Atkinson <fatkin...@mishmash.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 21:52:46 -0800 (PST), mynewsman32
>
> <mynewsma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >If you are looking for a domain name don't use godaddy.com
> >orwww.maddogdomains.com(the same company) because
> >they ripped me off, charged me $80.00 for a miscellaneous
> >charge. When I asked (more than ten times) I was stuck in a loop
> >that the only responce is: I must provide my pin number. Which
> >does no good, because they just keep telling you, we would like
> >to help you but you still have not provided us with your pin number.
> >Conclusion they don't want to give refunds or explain why they
> >charge you more than 5 years worth of domain cost. I am afraid
> >if I put a stop payment on this charge I will then lose my
> >domain names and the 5 years payment for them as well.
> >What do you think?
>
> Obviously, you've got the wrong PIN number.

I only have one pin number, and I looked what was there and gave
that number over and over. I did not call them I used their ticket
system through email. Your experience therefore is not equivalent.
I can only speak to the service (or lack thereof) through
email. A theif cannot steal from everyone, only a selected few, to
this dayI still do not know what this charge is for.

As for the other that says I am a slanderer. This is a warning
to individuals, what happened to me. Again:
The world is not full of rainbows and puppies, it is full of sharks
and snakes, and Godaddy.com is the snake. In my oppinion.

Jerry Stuckle

Jan 29, 2012, 10:37:36 AM1/29/12
And I repeat. No one gives a damn what an anonymous slanderer says. I,
too, have had excellent luck with them for domain hosting, and never had
a problem.

I don't think the problem here is with GoDaddy. But if you feel you've
been wronged, there is a correct way to fix it - see a lawyer.

ibrahee...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2015, 7:31:42 AM4/10/15
Having same problem butt now even Charge is not appering and my domain name also and can alo not buy that from anyother account domain is also not available and charge is also not coming it had come for just one time

Jerry Stuckle

Apr 10, 2015, 9:39:35 AM4/10/15
The moral of the story - don't let your domain expire. All of the
registrars I am familiar with will charge you an additional fee (some
are much more than $80) to get your domain back.

You should feel lucky you can even get your domain back. Once it
expires, GoDaddy could have released it to anyone who wanted it.

Don't blame GoDaddy for your failure!

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
jstu...@attglobal.net
==================

Allodoxaphobia

Apr 10, 2015, 1:19:57 PM4/10/15
On Fri, 10 Apr 2015 04:31:40 -0700 (PDT), ibrahee...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, January 26, 2012 at 10:52:46 AM UTC+5, mynewsman32 wrote:
>> If you are looking for a domain name don't use godaddy.com
>> or www.maddogdomains.com (the same company) because

<-snip->

>Having same problem butt now even Charge is not appering
>and my domain name also and can alo not buy that from anyother account
>domain is also not available and charge is also not coming it had come
>for just one time

After you learn how to properly use punctuation and the <SHIFT> key in
compostion, please learn how recognize the date of a post you're
replying to. Probably no one is interested in re-hashing something that
is OVER THREE YEARS OLD and which has NOTHING TO DO WITH PHP.

ndes...@dgpublishing.com

Apr 14, 2020, 10:29:28 AM4/14/20
I just got ripped off too!
Thinking I was paying a small annual fee, it turns out I was paying this monthly all year. I had a colleague check the deal before I signed up, so make no mistake about it, I have been ripped off by these cowboys!
Neil Desmond

Jerry Stuckle

Apr 15, 2020, 10:49:35 AM4/15/20
What does this have to do with PHP? And replying to an 8 year old post...
BTW - I've been using GoDaddy for multiple domains for over 15 years.
Never had a problem with them. But I also read the details of the offers.