webcamming 360

bad sector

Jan 2, 2022, 9:39:41 AM1/2/22

Greetings & a happy 2022

I'm no photographer and have little to contribute here
but I would like to find a camera that regretfully doesn't
seem to exist ....yet.

I want to set up a web cam to show the weather 360-7/24
but the economics of the project nix anything costing
major bucks. Since 'the thing' would be installed either
on a pole or on the roof it would be virtually inaccessible
so solar power and the last 30 seconds of streaming
wifi video would be the ballbark framework. Another
critical issue would be keeping the lens clean even in
what is locally frequent horizontal-precipitation in the
form of rain or snow.

The short of the long is that I'm thinking of a downward
facing camera (no car ever had a cleaner back window
than the '58-60 Lincoln Continental's slanted wonder)
that looks at a conical mirror to feed a 360 view field
subsequently digitally or optically reassembled into
some human lookable pan-view whether it's actually
panned or still.

Has anyone seen an animal like this? If not, is anyone
in a position to nod the nikons of the world into making
one?

'nuff rant

bad sector

Jan 19, 2022, 7:53:22 AM1/19/22
I gotta add that there is an underlying dilemma in the thing:
downward-facing is a great idea, as mine usually are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1xPV_SHG-g

but the mirror and the camera needs be must to face each
other ...so which of the two should prevail? How about a
severely enclosed (forever garanteed vapor and condensation
free) inverted glass cylinder the walls of which are slanted
in exactly as the cited car's back window?