Everybody's posting for the weekend

oldernow

Feb 11, 2024, 7:09:25 AMFeb 11
More 'o that glorious IKEA zen, again, yesterday.

FWIW, over the years I've come to learn that recycling is an order
of magnitude more difficult than rocket science for most. Yesterday
I had to swap the contents of the two bins at the new place, because
trash was in the clearly-marked recyclable bin, and recyclables in
the clearly-marked trash bin.

Any questions on why this species can't get something more difficult
like government right when most of it can't differentiate between
a piece of paper and a partially eaten slice of tomato?

<the sound of a rocket exploding on its launch pad>

Thought is what seems to be happening.

Awareness is

(that was "intentional"....)

Oh, hey, it occurred to me I was the founder and only member of a
Beatles song spoof group called "the gdbeatles", whose biggest hit
("'Till There Was GNU") can be enjoyed here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11n8lG0xee0iAjaDwuOEvp2JWYqKsU_Yi/view

--
oldernow
xyz001 at nym.hush.com

Feb 11, 2024, 7:34:14 AMFeb 11
Wow, that was really good! Maybe time to take it to the proffessional
level?

As for recycling, never bothered with it apart from the big bulky stuff.
Just to give you an example from sweden... you are supposed to tear off
any plastic details from your milk and juice cartons and throw cartons in
one box and the torn off plastic detail in another. My father, who is 73
tried, but eventually came to the conclusion "f*ck it". If the
manufacturer is not able to make it easy to separate the plastic from the
cardboard for a 73 year old, it's their problem and not his. ;)

Best regards,
Daniel

oldernow

Feb 11, 2024, 8:03:05 AMFeb 11
On 2024-02-11, D <nos...@example.net> wrote:

> Wow, that was really good!

Thank you! And some suddenly swelling pride wants me to mention
that Richard Stallman liked it too. :-)

> Maybe time to take it to the proffessional level?

Gots to have such time first, which is something I tell my wife
(who has a wonderful voice, and often talks about how we need to
record again) all the, um... time - especially after being assigned
to a task she could probably do for herself.... <schruggie> :-)

> As for recycling, never bothered with it apart from
> the big bulky stuff. Just to give you an example from
> sweden... you are supposed to tear off any plastic details
> from your milk and juice cartons and throw cartons in one
> box and the torn off plastic detail in another. My father,
> who is 73 tried, but eventually came to the conclusion
> "f*ck it". If the manufacturer is not able to make it easy
> to separate the plastic from the cardboard for a 73 year
> old, it's their problem and not his. ;)

Yeah, I get it. There are definitely times when the *imagined*
(because I don't see the actual recycling taking place with my own
eyes) benefit doesn't rise to the level of the effort.

Feb 11, 2024, 12:36:03 PMFeb 11

On Sun, 11 Feb 2024, oldernow wrote:

> On 2024-02-11, D <nos...@example.net> wrote:
>
>> Wow, that was really good!
>
> Thank you! And some suddenly swelling pride wants me to mention
> that Richard Stallman liked it too. :-)

Stallman?! Wow!

>> Maybe time to take it to the proffessional level?
>
> Gots to have such time first, which is something I tell my wife
> (who has a wonderful voice, and often talks about how we need to
> record again) all the, um... time - especially after being assigned
> to a task she could probably do for herself.... <schruggie> :-)

Well, when the children are grown up, maybe then you will have the time.
Or the grand-children?

Best regards,
Daniel