What's the best advice that your father gave you?

Simon Fletcher

Aug 5, 2004, 11:00:44 AM8/5/04
What's the best (serious, or even humorous) philosophical (or
otherwise) advice that your father really gave and / or still gives
you, about living
and life in general.

Stranger

Aug 5, 2004, 1:04:23 PM8/5/04

"Simon Fletcher" <lav...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Don't let the same snake bite you twice.

Dare

Aug 5, 2004, 2:25:56 PM8/5/04
"Simon Fletcher" <lav...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Not sure exactly who it said it, but seems particularly
useful these days:
"Don't believe everything you hear."
Some good advice my mother gave me:
"When without, improvise."

Interesting question..
Thanks,
Dare

Gea Jones

Aug 5, 2004, 4:09:27 PM8/5/04

"Dare" <clyd...@UNSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message

It is a very good question...... but I don't want to get boring....
my father gave me a lot of incredible advice, full of wisdom,
just a pity I didn't follow it more !
Gea

Christopher Smith

Aug 5, 2004, 3:52:01 PM8/5/04

Take responsibility for your own actions.

HVAC

Aug 5, 2004, 4:50:34 PM8/5/04
Simon Fletcher wrote:

> What's the best (serious, or even humorous) philosophical (or
> otherwise) advice that your father really gave and / or still gives
> you, about living
> and life in general.

My dad told me, "If you don't bend over,
you can't get fucked"

BretCahill

Aug 6, 2004, 2:12:10 AM8/6/04
Chase them to the ends of the earth.

Bret Cahill

All conservatism is based on censorship of
economic information.
-- Bret Cahill