oldernow's view

oldernow

Feb 12, 2024, 7:42:04 PMFeb 12
It's unlikely there's anything new/novel about this, but I'm
thinking I'd like to utilize a single title as though posting
instances using that title were part of an ongoing blog-ish kind
of operation. Others can "reply" via posts containing that title,
prolly prefaced with "Re:".

Or not.

Thing is that while I've long felt it more proper/useful to retain
others' titles in ongoing "discussion", I can get lost trying to
remember titles' significance, what I've written where, etc.

Just know that if I'm going to comment on something you write,
I'll quote you and reply in a post entitled "oldernow's view".

| Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 13:07:53 -0800 (PST) |
| Subject: To hell with positive and negative thinking |
| From: Ilya Shambat <ibsh...@gmail.com> |

> This means that both positive thinking and negative
> thinking are problems rather than solutions. The first
> fails to acknowledge the problem, the second says that
> they are insolvable. The real solution is honestly facing
> the problems that we have and using whatever intellectual
> capacity we have to come up with and implement actual
> solutions.

As presented, to me the real solution sounds more like either not
thinking at all, or observing thoughts without "attachment".

| Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 13:18:28 -0800 (PST) |
| Subject: Feminism and traditional roles |
| From: Ilya Shambat <ibsh...@gmail.com> |

> I want to see women having safe life inside the home and
> a fulfilling life outside the home. As for division of
> labor, once again I believe that this should be up to
> the couple. Some women want to do such tasks; others
> don't. Some men want to do such tasks; others don't.
>
> All of the above should have a right to their choices. And
> the world should have a right to benefit from people
> pursuing that right.

Looks like either not thinking at all, or observing thoughts without
"attachment" solves that too.... ;-)

===========================
| oldernow waxes textural |
===========================

Yesterday I spent a bunch of time trying to describe who I am/was,
and in the middle of it was suddenly astounished at how much effort
it took for what it was worth. My head literally physically ached,
and when I was done I still had no idea whether I was sufficiently
accurate... I *think* because there is no such thing as accurate
for a merely posited fictional mind-only character. Finishing such
a characterization leads to a frustration over a combination of
not really being able to find/locate such an entity, and realizing
you were probably better of even better fiction if "you" only had
the time....

--
oldernow
xyz001 at nym.hush.com