To understand what foreign influence represents in Canada

Steve Brown

Mar 11, 2023, 12:54:23 PM3/11/23
To understand what foreign influence represents in Canada and where it sneaks in, read "Wilful Blindness" by journalist Sam Cooper.

The page is dense and in English. To accelerate, control (CTRL) F on your keyboard and write in the window that opens this name: "Jean Chrétien". You will immediately be transported to where the former Prime Minister of Canada is being discussed.

https://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/2021/08/20/crime-corruption-and-interference-chinas-ccp-confluence-in-pc-canada/

Steve Brown

Mar 12, 2023, 8:24:39 AM3/12/23
Then Prime Minister of Canada, Jean Chrétien had an ethics counselor to guide him. This ethics counselor then became his guarantor, which protected the politician.

Each time a politician, a political party is caught stealing, he comes back to the charge by putting forward a solution.

The book "Wilful Blindness" by journalist Sam Cooper, allows today a reflection on these eternal lies disrespectful of tax payers in Canada.

Jeffrey Rubard

Mar 13, 2023, 5:58:56 PM3/13/23
"This is alt.philosophy.zen, about Zen Buddhism."

Julian

Mar 16, 2023, 4:38:41 PM3/16/23
This looks like you... https://twitter.com/jeffrey_rubard

Jeffrey Rubard

Mar 17, 2023, 11:26:27 AM3/17/23
There's only one "Jeffrey Rubard" in history, as far as I know. (It's kind of an unfortunate name.)

Julian

Mar 17, 2023, 7:09:22 PM3/17/23
So it seems.

Jeffrey Rubard

Mar 18, 2023, 11:06:06 AM3/18/23
You equivocate: do you mean to "commend" the factual statement, or the value-judgement?

Julian

Mar 18, 2023, 4:30:20 PM3/18/23
I don't inhabit your bifurcated, this or that, world.

There are never fewer than three options in any given scenario.

Jeffrey Rubard

Mar 18, 2023, 6:31:23 PM3/18/23
Um, that's so deep, dude. (Did you forget to tell people about the NDP, or something?)

Jeffrey Rubard

Mar 20, 2023, 5:27:28 PM3/20/23
Disbasing Zen Stories, I think these people endlessly forget that Canada does not have a Liberal/Conservative "dichotomous" politics.
(The NDP came into full existence after their "routines" got finished, so it doesn't mesh well with the "legacy" code.)
"No means no, bro. Leave me alone."

Noah Sombrero

Mar 23, 2023, 9:52:46 PM3/23/23
On Mon, 20 Mar 2023 14:27:27 -0700 (PDT), Jeffrey Rubard
<rehashe...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Saturday, March 18, 2023 at 3:31:23?PM UTC-7, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:

>> > I don't inhabit your bifurcated, this or that, world.
>> >
>> > There are never fewer than three options in any given scenario.
>> Um, that's so deep, dude. (Did you forget to tell people about the NDP, or something?)
>
>Disbasing Zen Stories, I think these people endlessly forget that Canada does not have a Liberal/Conservative "dichotomous" politics.
>(The NDP came into full existence after their "routines" got finished, so it doesn't mesh well with the "legacy" code.)
>"No means no, bro. Leave me alone."

Julian is british. They don't have a simple two party system either,
although it is mostly tory/labor.

Actually julian returns to his three options minimum when the politics
of the situation allows it. Mostly he likes two options too.
--
Noah Sombrero

Jeffrey Rubard

Mar 24, 2023, 11:12:55 AM3/24/23
You're a dipshit. They have Labour, the Lib Dems, the Conservatives, and even the Greens have a following now.

> Actually julian returns to his three options minimum when the politics
> of the situation allows it. Mostly he likes two options too.

That's fantastic, or is it "fabulous"?

Julian

Mar 25, 2023, 2:34:48 PM3/25/23
Yes.

Noah Sombrero

Mar 25, 2023, 7:19:37 PM3/25/23
On Fri, 24 Mar 2023 08:12:54 -0700 (PDT), Jeffrey Rubard
<rehashe...@gmail.com> wrote:
And you are a usenet toughguy. It has been a lot of years since apz
had the pleasure. So you have found a home where you can be as
obnoxious as you please and there are no consequences rw or otherwise.
The rw offers few such havens.

>They have Labour, the Lib Dems, the Conservatives, and even the Greens have a >following now.
>
>> Actually julian returns to his three options minimum when the politics
>> of the situation allows it. Mostly he likes two options too.
>
>That's fantastic, or is it "fabulous"?

No.
--
Noah Sombrero

Noah Sombrero

Mar 25, 2023, 7:20:16 PM3/25/23
On Fri, 24 Mar 2023 08:12:54 -0700 (PDT), Jeffrey Rubard
<rehashe...@gmail.com> wrote:
yep, like I said,mostly tory/labor.

>> Actually julian returns to his three options minimum when the politics
>> of the situation allows it. Mostly he likes two options too.
>
>That's fantastic, or is it "fabulous"?
--
Noah Sombrero

Jeffrey Rubard

Mar 26, 2023, 6:28:27 PM3/26/23
You think this is a "clever trick", but it's actually just stupid. You can go ahead and count Lib Dems and Greens and UKIP as UK political parties,
because it's a multi-party system and they have representatives in Parliament. "I know that." But your stupid USian navel-gazing is more important
than any reality, I guess, including that "misdirection" violates basic conversational maxims and is thusly sort of "imbecilic". You know, like that
TV character "Teller".

Jeffrey Rubard

Mar 26, 2023, 6:29:55 PM3/26/23
For some decades Canada, on the other hand, has basically had the three parties -- Progressive Conservative, Liberal, and New Democrat --
and someone's pea-brain would like to simplify this to merely two for people they "lord it over", huh? (The NDP never wins, so there's that,
but it's exactly "if wishes were horses" garbage.)

Noah Sombrero

Mar 27, 2023, 11:32:58 AM3/27/23
On Sun, 26 Mar 2023 15:28:26 -0700 (PDT), Jeffrey Rubard
<jeffreyda...@gmail.com> wrote:
You actually don't know anything about my nationality or where I live.
Mostly is mostly, and not entirely. And the tories hold the majority
right now, so they call the shots when they can agree. When the day
arrives that the tories no longer hold the majority, far and away, the
odds are that the majority will be labor. Same deal in Canada, for
instance. Even though the ndp does in fact exist and hold seats in
parliament.

--
Noah Sombrero

Noah Sombrero

Mar 27, 2023, 11:35:04 AM3/27/23
On Sun, 26 Mar 2023 15:29:54 -0700 (PDT), Jeffrey Rubard
<jeffreyda...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, March 26, 2023 at 3:28:27?PM UTC-7, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
Yes, sad but true. They don't win because people don't believe they
can, otherwise I have no doubt that they would.

>but it's exactly "if wishes were horses" garbage.)
--
Noah Sombrero

Jeffrey Rubard

Mar 28, 2023, 6:44:59 PM3/28/23
"This is too dumb to submit as a 'superior' contribution to a conversation. Ever get told 'you act like Mick Jagger, but Mick Jagger is smart and
being self-deprecating'?"

Noah Sombrero

Mar 29, 2023, 4:20:25 PM3/29/23
On Tue, 28 Mar 2023 15:44:57 -0700 (PDT), Jeffrey Rubard
<jeffreyda...@gmail.com> wrote:
I thought you might not understand. The ndp doesn't win because
voters don't believe they can. They think voting ndp would be
throwing their vote away or in effect be voting for the opposition. If
voters were to believe that the ndp could win, the ndp would win.
--
Noah Sombrero

Jeffrey Rubard

Mar 30, 2023, 3:29:43 PM3/30/23
I think this is called "giddy-up" in the language of Southern US cheats, n'est-ce pas?

Noah Sombrero

Mar 31, 2023, 9:06:00 AM3/31/23
You got me. I don't know who "southern us cheats are." I do think that
if you want to vote ndp but don't do that because you don't want the
conservatives to win, you have thrown your vote away.

--
Noah Sombrero

Jeffrey Rubard

Mar 31, 2023, 4:36:07 PM3/31/23
"You're pretending. That's not the kind of sense Canadian politics makes."

Jeffrey Rubard

Mar 31, 2023, 4:36:42 PM3/31/23
They're not called "the Conservatives", for example.

Noah Sombrero

Mar 31, 2023, 6:25:55 PM3/31/23
On Fri, 31 Mar 2023 13:36:41 -0700 (PDT), Jeffrey Rubard
<jeffreyda...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Friday, March 31, 2023 at 1:36:07?PM UTC-7, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
>> On Friday, March 31, 2023 at 6:06:00?AM UTC-7, Noah Sombrero wrote:
>> > On 2023-03-30 3:29 p.m., Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
I understand that NA voters don't think that way. Which means that
the ndp will never make a pm, unless they can find somebody with Jack
Layton's magic again. He made people willing to vote for him whether
or not they thought he could win, and he was winning. It did help
that he was battling cancer, dancing around with a cane, and out there
as strong as ever. And he had that long history of riding to
parliament on a bicycle with his wife. His commitment to his cause
was undeniable.

When the election came, and Mulcair had taken over, the ndp were doing
ok, but then he agreed with Harper about cutting taxes and blew it all
away. It was obvious that he was not the real deal.

The us is even worse. They might get a 3rd party start up once in
30/40 years. It will fail its first election and then fade away;
sticking around because you believe in something is not in their dna.

>They're not called "the Conservatives", for example.

Tories? Progressive Conservatives? To me conservative serves.
--
Noah Sombrero

Jeffrey Rubard

Apr 1, 2023, 5:58:21 PM4/1/23
They call themselves "Progressive Conservative" or "Conservative".
"The Conservatives" are the UK Conservatives -- it is not so written by Canadians.
(Revealed as a phony, like a "Noah Sombrero" somehow would?)

Noah Sombrero

Apr 1, 2023, 8:39:01 PM4/1/23
On Sat, 1 Apr 2023 14:58:19 -0700 (PDT), Jeffrey Rubard
<jeffreyda...@gmail.com> wrote:
So be it . I don't have anything to prove. I like the conservatives.
Small letters. That makes it universal. Sometimes I might even
forget the the.
--
Noah Sombrero

Jeffrey Rubard

Apr 2, 2023, 5:44:19 PM4/2/23
It's just not really how the parties style themselves in Canada, right?
There could easily be a confusion with the UK Conservatives or "Tories", so...

Jeffrey Rubard

Apr 12, 2023, 3:54:35 PM4/12/23
For the audience: Normal "obfuscation" of Canadian politics, "nothing special" and nothing useful
but you "wouldn't quite catch it" in interacting with a person trying to "run" this routine on you.

Jeffrey Rubard

May 16, 2023, 11:36:56 AM5/16/23
...But they have three major parties, not two. "Whittling it down" a little bit, there.

Jeffrey Rubard

May 16, 2023, 5:53:21 PM5/16/23
"What's the diff?"
There is some difference, etc.

Jeffrey Rubard

May 17, 2023, 3:35:55 PM5/17/23
"But there's no 'diff'."
This is an 'occult' concept, relative to me. I don't know what it means to you.

Jeffrey Rubard

May 18, 2023, 6:35:58 PM5/18/23
"It doesn't matter."
What? To "fairy-stories" you tell about Canada, about "Justin" and so on?

Jeffrey Rubard

May 19, 2023, 4:08:31 PM5/19/23
"Oh no. Justin's real."
That premier Justin Trudeau is in fact an existent human being, at the helm of the Government of Canada.
Sure.
But as regards your approbative use of the word "real"...

Jeffrey Rubard

May 21, 2023, 11:45:51 AM5/21/23
"So. But, like, dude... Justin's it. And I've got to tell you..."
It is conceivable that Mr. Singh could win the job, actually.

Jeffrey Rubard

May 23, 2023, 11:28:50 AM5/23/23
"Highly unlikely."
But he is, like, a part of the objective world.

Jeffrey Rubard

Aug 26, 2023, 11:36:36 AM8/26/23
(And actually lives in Canada.)

Jeffrey Rubard

Aug 26, 2023, 5:07:10 PM8/26/23
"Jagmeet Singh lives in Canada."
Sure.

Jeffrey Rubard

Aug 27, 2023, 5:40:39 PM8/27/23
"Given what you've said, that seems obvious."
Sure. Try to 'keep it on a par', maybe.

Jeffrey Rubard

Sep 3, 2023, 5:06:58 PM9/3/23
By, say, not claiming to be a citizen of a country you're not a citizen of, or something like that.

Jeffrey Rubard

Sep 4, 2023, 2:38:51 PM9/4/23
"Are you a citizen of Canada?"
No. I'm a single-status US citizen from birth.

Jeffrey Rubard

Sep 5, 2023, 11:49:40 AM9/5/23
"What about Gavin McInnes, then?"
Is he a member of the well-known Canadian McInnes family? (I'm 'unsure' here.)

Jeffrey Rubard

Sep 6, 2023, 11:34:46 AM9/6/23
"Is there... perhaps another branch of the family? I can't quite connect him to any of the known McInnes people."

Jeffrey Rubard

Sep 7, 2023, 11:54:05 AM9/7/23
"Wider World": "No, he's that florid US jackass you think he is."

Jeffrey Rubard

Sep 8, 2023, 11:29:53 AM9/8/23
"Florid?"
"No, that's not what that means. He's starting to show signs of 'HIV wasting', though..."

Jeffrey Rubard

Sep 10, 2023, 4:33:31 PM9/10/23
"Maybe you just 'read that' into the way he looks."
"Don't you think so?"

Jeffrey Rubard

Sep 11, 2023, 11:25:12 AM9/11/23
"I guess his doctors would know."
Basically, yes.

Jeffrey Rubard

Sep 15, 2023, 1:57:06 PM9/15/23
"Does the HIPAA law apply here?"
Yes, it would. (Also rules about "preexistent public disclosure", though.)

Jeffrey Rubard

Sep 16, 2023, 4:39:42 PM9/16/23
"Yeah, really. Basically, Gavin Newsom or anyone could have HIV and you couldn't really ask; it's 'medically private information' according to that law.
Their doctors would know, though. It's certainly possible."

Jeffrey Rubard

Sep 21, 2023, 6:25:25 PM9/21/23
"Do you call him 'HIV Cocktail Davis' or something, bigot?"
Elsewhere: "The pharmacy is in Sacramento."

Jeffrey Rubard

Oct 4, 2023, 3:17:30 PM10/4/23
Candidly Revealing: "Actually, I pick up medications I need anywhere." "Why do your exes need them, though?"

Jeffrey Rubard

Oct 5, 2023, 2:45:37 PM10/5/23
Do they, buddy? #everyonesays
"You're not my buddy."
You're not my "brother", either.

Steve Brown

Nov 10, 2023, 5:00:25 AM11/10/23
What is your choice to govern your country?

Jeffrey Rubard

Nov 10, 2023, 11:54:20 AM11/10/23
"You dope, it doesn't work on a 'Cross-X' format." #notanationallampoonmovie

Jeffrey Rubard

Nov 12, 2023, 11:21:09 AM11/12/23
"Oh, but it does."
No, everyday public life in the United States of America way doesn't have a 'parliamentary debate' format.
"Oh, he's 'getting' it!"
I think I realized that point in the mid-1990s, is it newer to you than that?
"Um... I'll get back to you."

Jeffrey Rubard

Nov 19, 2023, 2:20:54 PM11/19/23
Wider World: Since 1900 at least, "Suh, I..." and its ruder counterparts are totally bogus. No real "Cross-X" stuff at all.

Jeffrey Rubard

Dec 2, 2023, 11:40:51 AM12/2/23
Just too really, guys. "We have determined..."? They gotta go.

Jeffrey Rubard

Dec 2, 2023, 4:48:49 PM12/2/23
Wider World:
"There's no 'Riot Act'?"
There's never been a 'Riot Act' in the entirety of US history (including its worse eras), and these LARPers really can never
quite make their peace with this...

Jeffrey Rubard

Dec 6, 2023, 2:38:59 PM12/6/23
Wider World:
"Is that really true?"
Yeah. Not even the antebellum era had a 'Riot Act'.

Jeffrey Rubard

Dec 7, 2023, 11:25:17 AM12/7/23
"Does that make US law better?"
In theory, it could. (In practice, you don't 'read people the Riot Act', k?)

Jeffrey Rubard

Dec 9, 2023, 11:24:02 AM12/9/23
"What would make it worse?"
Irresponsible fucknuts (like, say, today's SCOTUS) using hare-brained hair-splitting to...
"Hold up, wait, got the idea."

Jeffrey Rubard

Dec 11, 2023, 11:30:32 AM12/11/23
"But couldn't they keep that pseudo-logical dissimulation up as long as..."
I think the laws of thermodynamics would eventually stop them. But it's not as 'informative' as you would think it would be.

Jeffrey Rubard

Dec 12, 2023, 11:30:09 AM12/12/23
"Instructive", more.
"Oh, I get it."

Jeffrey Rubard

Dec 15, 2023, 11:32:37 AM12/15/23
"Do you guys get this sense of 'instruction', the negative legal sense? 'Be sure to see it my way', etc?"

Jeffrey Rubard

Dec 15, 2023, 4:45:44 PM12/15/23
Wider World: "Legal 'instruction', the negative kind, is a really bad thing. They keep 'leading you around by the nose' about their own problems..."

Jeffrey Rubard

Dec 16, 2023, 11:32:15 AM12/16/23
Really, folks. It's not a good idea to listen to someone telling you 'Please be sure to see it like this..."

Jeffrey Rubard

Dec 19, 2023, 5:58:18 PM12/19/23
...or to be the person to do it. "Too much advice person", etc.

Jeffrey Rubard

Dec 20, 2023, 11:52:13 AM12/20/23
"You give lots of advice, hah hah, I get it."
Yes, but lots of it is of the form "It is Wednesday today." #usedtobecalledcountscrewloosefromtoulouse