immortal

aye

Oct 30, 2022, 9:47:37 AM10/30/22
Seeking to find one
finds a word. Immortal.

Seven times the word occurs
in Watson's, _The Complete
Works of Zhuangzi_ which
brings a wonder to mind.

Does an incomplete Zz exist?

https://terebess.hu/english/tao/Zhuangzi-Burton-Watson.pdf

<< Often Zhuangzi describes the Daoist sage or
enlightened man in terms suggesting that he possesses
magical powers, that he moves in a trancelike state, that he
is impervious to all harm and perhaps even is immortal. >>

<< Zhuangzi is probably drawing on the
language of ancient ... religion and magic, and there
were undoubtedly men in his day, as there were in later
centuries, who believed that such magical powers,
including the power to become immortal, were attainable.>>

- alchemical formulas vary. aye. Cheers!

Jeffrey Rubard

Oct 30, 2022, 6:07:12 PM10/30/22
"Does this mean you give up?"

aye

Oct 31, 2022, 6:56:34 AM10/31/22
Now that you remind me, aye has a mind
to return to the search for immortal, immortals
and/or immortality in the Zhuangzi.

<< The Yellow Emperor and Zhuan Xu are legendary
rulers. The Queen Mother of the West is an immortal spirit
who lives in the far west. >> - footnote 12 in ch 6.

<< The true sage is a quail at rest, a little fledgling at its meal,
a bird in flight that leaves no trail behind. When the world has
the Way, he joins in the chorus with all other things. When
the world is without the Way, he nurses his Virtue and
retires in leisure. And after a thousand years, should he tire
of the world, he will leave it and ascend to the immortals,
riding on those white clouds all the way up to the village of
God. The three worries you have cited never touch him;
his body is forever free of peril. How can he suffer
any shame?” >> - ch 12.

A footnote to ch. 18 has:
<< places or persons associated in Chinese
legend with immortality. The Yellow Emperor, as we have
seen on pp. 45–46, did not die but ascended to Heaven. >>

<< The Kunlun, a fabulous range of mountains to the far
west where the immortal spirits dwell, ... >> ft ch 22.

Immortality occurs in Watson's index as well.

Interestingly, immortals, eternals and such appear
to not appear all too much in the text. As a Tao, alchemy
may have emerged later than when the Zz got writ.

Transformation, as a word, occurs more than four
times as often and what its contexts are argh.

- among known unknowns. Thanks! Cheers!

one

Oct 31, 2022, 7:19:43 AM10/31/22
aye found:

>Interestingly, immortals, eternals and such appear
>to not appear all too much in the text. As a Tao, alchemy
>may have emerged later than when the Zz got writ.
>
>Transformation, as a word, occurs more than four
>times as often and what its contexts are argh.
>
>- among known unknowns. Thanks! Cheers!

https://terebess.hu/english/tao/Zhuangzi-Burton-Watson.pdf

<< Once Zhuang Zhou dreamed he was a butterfly, a butterfly
flitting and fluttering around, happy with himself and doing
as he pleased. He didn’t know he was Zhuang Zhou.
Suddenly he woke up, and there he was, solid and
unmistakable Zhuang Zhou. But he didn’t know if he were
Zhuang Zhou who had dreamed he was a butterfly or a
butterfly dreaming he was Zhuang Zhou. Between Zhuang
Zhou and a butterfly, there must be some distinction! This
is called the Transformation of Things. >>

<< Heaven and earth are huge,
but they are alike in their transformations. >>

<< So it is said, for him who understands Heavenly joy, life
is the working of Heaven; death is the transformation of
things. In stillness, he and the yin share a single Virtue;
in motion, he and the yang share a single flow. >>

Teh may be akin to Tao eh.

<< Spring and summer precede,
autumn and winter follow—such is the sequence of the
four seasons. The ten thousand things change and grow,
their roots and buds, each with its distinctive form,
flourishing and decaying by degree, a constant flow of
change and transformation. >>

<< “Man’s life between heaven and earth is like the passing
of a white colt glimpsed through a crack in the wall—whoosh!—
and that’s the end. Overflowing, starting forth,
there is nothing that does not come out; gliding away,
slipping into silence, there is nothing that does not go back
in. Having been transformed, things find themselves alive;
another transformation and they are dead. Living things
grieve over it, mankind mourns. But it is like the untying of
the Heaven-lent bow-bag, the unloading of the Heavenlent
satchel—a yielding, a mild mutation, and the soul and spirit
are on their way, the body following after, on at last to the
Great Return.

“The formless moves to the realm of form; the formed
moves back to the realm of formlessness. This all men
alike understand. But it is not something to be reached by
striving. The common run of men all alike debate how to
reach it. But those who have reached it do not debate, and
those who debate have not reached it. Those who peer with
bright eyes will never catch sight of it. Eloquence is not as
good as silence. The Way cannot be heard; to listen for it is
not as good as plugging up your ears. This is called the
Great Acquisition.” >>

- an echo of the TTC ore an other Way a round ...

who

Oct 31, 2022, 9:48:03 AM10/31/22

>https://terebess.hu/english/tao/Zhuangzi-Burton-Watson.pdf

<< Now I’m afraid my talents are not
sufficient to bring about any transformation in you.
Why don’t you go south and visit Laozi?” >>

- funny, t'hat! Cheers!

Dim Witte

Nov 1, 2022, 10:00:35 PM11/1/22
What is the answer? First, What is the question? I'm unable to even approach What is mortal?, much less What is immortal. Western science likes to begin with unknowns, so it can start pretending it understands cause-effect reasoning, then proceeds to go beyond inductive logic to deducing from hypotheses and conjecture. Always they resort to mathematical formulas to "prove" this and that, all speculation. A table full of scientists so inspire each other so they can justify advancement with published papers.

Yet science does come around to under-stand that all is in a state of flux, change, and matter produces energy. Last I heard, particles and waves are the same thing. It is now suspected that gravity is as infinitely fast as light, whatever that suggests; mostly, I suspect, it "explains" why science, especially what I understand is quantum mechanics. Wonder is that our original Newton physics is still part of their conversation concerning "What is the dancer, what is the dance?"

Jeffrey Rubard

Nov 1, 2022, 10:25:58 PM11/1/22
"This is a hoax, right?"

one

Nov 2, 2022, 7:56:12 AM11/2/22
Dim wrote:

>What is the answer? First, What is the question?

What, the Great What, t'hat is, is
two words. What is a word. What presumes.
Sew two dew, why. Duality can be a paradigm.

First, assuming Taoism is a thing, an Uncarved Block (UB)
is said to exist, axiomatically. A unity of sorts. An
undifferentiated unity emerging from Tao.
TTC 40 and TTC 42 go on a bit a bout
how things argh ontologically.

There and then is no what nor why.
Here and now argh possible.

Tao is an answer. The, as a word, is an article.
Parts of speech, of language, vary. The definite
article, the, plays a role in forming sentences.

At times, a sentence sentences a mind.
Some minds mind m'ore than others utter.

To question Being and ask, what is, is possible.
Existence is. Existence is a word. A category.
A fiction of sorts. Words point, at times.

> I'm unable to even approach What is mortal?, much less What is immortal.

When a body dies, it is said to have bins, mortality among t'hems.

When a body, a thing, like a rock, does not die, it might be said
to have bins such as not-being-mortal, as it was never, alive.

Facets of dualities may vary.

A rock, carved from a mountain of rock, is the mountain, ore was.
When a rock tumbles, free of the mountain, down in to a river,
chips off the old rock may chip and fly and the rock is unable
to handle the chips, having no handles to handle them.

Tis a tale, aye, of how a rock eventually has only two grains,
all the others having bins ground to sand and, not the rock.
Then, when only two grains of the mountain remain, a
kind of a funny Ting happens. Which grain is the,
that one and only one, rock unless both argh.

Neither grain is alive, nor was,
not being forms of Life, as things.
Yet both are forms of Being, Existence.
Each grain is immortal and remains. One of ten
thou sand grains, worn by the river and water.
Broken off chips of the mountain, of rock.

> Western science likes to begin with unknowns, so it can start pretending it understands cause-effect reasoning, then proceeds to go beyond inductive logic to deducing from hypotheses and conjecture. Always they resort to mathematical formulas to "prove" this and that, all speculation. A table full of scientists so inspire each other so they can justify advancement with published papers.

Cause-effect is able to be a powerful tool
at times along with its dualistic paradigm.

>Yet science does come around to under-stand that all is in a state of flux, change, and matter produces energy. Last I heard, particles and waves are the same thing. It is now suspected that gravity is as infinitely fast as light, whatever that suggests; mostly, I suspect, it "explains" why science, especially what I understand is quantum mechanics. Wonder is that our original Newton physics is still part of their conversation concerning "What is the dancer, what is the dance?"

At light-speed, time stops, distance vanishes.
A particle is immediately where it went without going.
Waves that wave are of a Field of the Great What.

What is going on.
Gravity is able to be a part of the Great What.
What emerges from w'hat was Not-What.

Wu may be a term used.
Without. Not having. Nonbeing.

What is Nonbeing. Non-existence.

- punctuation marks vary. Thanks! Cheers!

aye

Nov 2, 2022, 8:29:59 AM11/2/22
Jeff wrote in quotes:

>"This is a hoax, right?"

If you argh, then you argh eh.

What did Zz say about the Great Swindle?

The hoax, the fraud, the con you argh.

Cud means, on average, tat tvam asi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahavakyas

TTC 16, speaking of Taoism, halves its berry own sayings.

http://www.mobilewords.pro/Tao/chap16.htm#top

Between flowers and fruits, TTC 38 arrives in mind.

http://www.mobilewords.pro/Tao/chap38.htm#top

Links in chains. Brain with trains.
Streams of thought may vary.

- in a bamboozle groove. aye. Cheers!

Jeffrey Rubard

Nov 2, 2022, 6:40:10 PM11/2/22
On Wednesday, November 2, 2022 at 5:29:59 AM UTC-7, aye wrote:
> Jeff wrote in quotes:
> >"This is a hoax, right?"
> If you argh, then you argh eh.
>
> What did Zz say about the Great Swindle?

"He does not represent our band", I believe that's what they're purported to say.

one

Nov 3, 2022, 9:48:32 AM11/3/22
Jeff wrote:
> aye wrote:
>> Jeff wrote in quotes:
>>
>> >"This is a hoax, right?"
>>
>> If you argh, then you argh eh.
>>
>> What did Zz say about the Great Swindle?
>
>"He does not represent our band", I believe that's what they're purported to say.

Watson's Zhuangzi has, the Supreme Swindle:

<< 滴e who dreams of drinking wine may weep when
morning comes; he who dreams of weeping may in the
morning go off to hunt. While he is dreaming, he does not
know it is a dream, and in his dream, he may even try to
interpret a dream. Only after he wakes does he know it was
a dream. And someday there will be a great awakening when
we know that this is all a great dream. Yet the stupid believe
they are awake, busily and brightly assuming they
understand things, calling this man ruler, that one herdsman
揺ow dense! Confucius and you both are dreaming! And
when I say you are dreaming, I am dreaming, too. Words
like these will be labeled the Supreme Swindle. Yet after
ten thousand generations, a great sage may appear who will
know their meaning, and it will still be as though he
appeared with astonishing speed. >>

- fwiw. Thanks! Cheers!

Jeffrey Rubard

Nov 6, 2022, 5:47:35 PM11/6/22
On Thursday, November 3, 2022 at 6:48:32 AM UTC-7, one wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
> > aye wrote:

> >> If you argh, then you argh eh.
> >>
> >> What did Zz say about the Great Swindle?
> >
> >"He does not represent our band", I believe that's what they're purported to say.
> Watson's Zhuangzi has, the Supreme Swindle:

"Swindle" is really a European concept, you know.

one

Nov 6, 2022, 7:39:17 PM11/6/22
Jeff wrote:

>"Swindle" is really a European concept, you know.

Didn't know that.

Correa's version has:

http://www.daoisopen.com/ZZ2.html

<< A fool believes himself to be awake, inwardly and privately
actually believing he knows who he really is. Princes! Paupers!
Indeed! You and Qiu (Confucius) are both dreaming. When I call you a
dreamer, I'm also a dreamer. As for what I've said, it could be called
a flight of fancy. If in all the generations to come we could meet up
with someone who had such great wisdom that they knew how to explain
all this, it would be like dawn and sunset occurring
at the same time. >>

Translations vary.

https://terebess.hu/english/tao/ChuangTzu-palmer.pdf

<< Only fools think that they are now awake and that
they really know what is going on, playing the prince and
then playing the servant. What fools! The Master and you
are both living in a dream. When I say a dream, I am also
dreaming. This very saying is a deception. If after ten
thousand years we could once meet a truly great sage, one
who understands, it would seem as if it had only
been a morning. >>

http://oaks.nvg.org/zhuangzi1-.html#2

<< 'Those who dream of (the pleasures of) drinking may in the morning
wail and weep; those who dream of wailing and weeping may in the
morning be going out to hunt. When they were dreaming they did not
know it was a dream; in their dream they may even have tried to
interpret it; but when they awoke they knew that it was a dream. And
there is the great awaking, after which we shall know that this life
was a great dream. All the while, the stupid think they are awake, and
with nice discrimination insist on their knowledge; now playing the
part of rulers, and now of grooms. Bigoted was that Khiu ! He and you
are both dreaming. I who say that you are dreaming am dreaming myself.
These words seem very strange; but if after ten thousand ages we once
meet with a great sage who knows how to explain them, it will be as if
we met him (unexpectedly) some morning or evening. >> - Legge.

https://users.wfu.edu/moran/zhexuejialu/Zhuang_Zi_2.html

<< Those who dream of drinking fine wine may have cause for tears the
next day. Those who dream of weeping bitter tears may thrill to the
hunt on the following day. When one is dreaming, one does not realize
that one is dreaming. During one? dream, one may even make a
divination on the basis of a dream. It is only after awakening that
one realizes that the whole thing was a dream. Perhaps one will have a
great awakening and realize that all of this has been a great dream.

Once there was a stupid fellow who imagined himself to be enlightened
and thought that he had a thorough acquaintance with everything.
Whether a gentleman or a cowherd, how obstinate! Confucius and you are
both dreaming. My saying you are dreaming is also itself a dream. The
term that is appropriate to cases of affirming one's own assertions is
"Greatest discrepancy." After a myriad generations have passed, should
one encounter a great sage, and only then get a solution would still
count as a rapid turn-around in this process. >>

Between the Greatest discrepancy, and, very strange,
to, a deception or a, flight of fancy can be an emphasis
not as emphatic prehaps as Watson's, Supreme Swindle.

Being indoctrinated to think of one's so-called, self,
as an individual, separate from all so-called, others,
might be only natural for many cultures.

- and then again, knot. Thanks! Cheers!

Jeffrey Rubard

Nov 7, 2022, 4:43:01 PM11/7/22
On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 4:39:17 PM UTC-8, one wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
>
> >"Swindle" is really a European concept, you know.
> Didn't know that.

Yeah, you really have to "think a lot of yourself" to attempt to swindle someone
(even once, let alone again and again, at incredibly tiresome lengths).

one

Nov 8, 2022, 6:25:36 AM11/8/22
Jeff wrote:
> one wrote:
>> Jeff wrote:
>>
>> >"Swindle" is really a European concept, you know.
>>
>> Didn't know that.
>
>Yeah, you really have to "think a lot of yourself" to attempt to swindle someone
>(even once, let alone again and again, at incredibly tiresome lengths).

No idea what you're talking about.

What swindle do you attempt?

You are not making sense.

- thanks! Cheers!

aye

Nov 8, 2022, 8:28:46 AM11/8/22
one wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
>> one wrote:

>>> Didn't know that.
>>
>>Yeah, you really have to "think a lot of yourself" to attempt to swindle someone
>>(even once, let alone again and again, at incredibly tiresome lengths).
>
>No idea what you're talking about.

His elf ore
his elves plural forms?

>What swindle do you attempt?

Know idea!

Prehaps an it is his obsessive
if knot compulse ions pretainting to his
unique virus and his ex-presidential palace which
might be related to an Hall of Sorts, the Ming Tang Eye.

Speaking of a form of Taoism, super-naturally
unless a metaphysics isn't quite t'hat.

>You are not making sense.

Nonsense may be akin to Nonbeing eh.

>- thanks! Cheers!

- aye. Cheers!

Jeffrey Rubard

Nov 8, 2022, 4:25:28 PM11/8/22
On Tuesday, November 8, 2022 at 5:28:46 AM UTC-8, aye wrote:
> one wrote:
> > Jeff wrote:

> >>Yeah, you really have to "think a lot of yourself" to attempt to swindle someone
> >>(even once, let alone again and again, at incredibly tiresome lengths).
> >
> >No idea what you're talking about.
> His elf ore
> his elves plural forms?

I don't have any "elves" (or goats, for that matter).
(The kind of "tell-off" a "well-off", not very masculine
Southern white male would have been taught as a youth.)

> >What swindle do you attempt?
> Know idea!

"Not an English sentence", etc.

> Prehaps an it is his obsessive
> if knot compulse ions pretainting to his
> unique virus and his ex-presidential palace which
> might be related to an Hall of Sorts, the Ming Tang Eye.

"Is he thought to have infected them at the Presidential library?"
(A slightly sensible question, compared to some.)

> Speaking of a form of Taoism, super-naturally
> unless a metaphysics isn't quite t'hat.

You may have learned the word "metaphysics" for more than it is worth.

> >You are not making sense.
> Nonsense may be akin to Nonbeing eh.

"Not good enough for legal matters", etc.

one

Nov 9, 2022, 8:19:39 AM11/9/22
Jeff wrote:

>I don't have any "elves" (or goats, for that matter).

Expressions, at times, express trains
of thought vary when they run
without going very far or
near for t'hat matter.

>(The kind of "tell-off" a "well-off", not very masculine
>Southern white male would have been taught as a youth.)

You appear to have many Southern white male
thoughts going on rather often in your brain.

Taoism has its iconic and ironic forms and skin colour
might not be a part of any stereo typical types you like
to bring to mind as you type words on a screen seen.

To be as you appear to be obsessed with Southern white
makes appears to be a pattern of yours and to call it
natural or naturally could be to say an adjective
modifies a noun-thing instead of a verb.

As me old grammer used to say, Grammer being
her name, dew tales tell and tails wag cats while
a quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog sew
it went when learning to type during the daze.

- using all the Latin letters of an alpha beta gamma ray ...

one

Nov 9, 2022, 8:24:05 AM11/9/22
Jeff wrote:
> aye wrote:

>> Know idea!
>
>"Not an English sentence", etc.

Looks to be an exclamation of sum sort.

Know th'is!
Know t'hat!

To rites might make one rung
of a former while a ladder differs.

Which reminds me of the mite bit. This bit
was so great it was bigger than an horse's mouth
compared to the size of a proton th'at was
knot quite a same so wing two-speak.

- thanks! Cheers!

one

Nov 9, 2022, 8:26:59 AM11/9/22
Jeff wrote:

>"Is he thought to have infected them at the Presidential library?"
>(A slightly sensible question, compared to some.)

Your sense ability is odd, strange, bizarre even
at times this being among prehaps five or more.

Normally people who
are said to have if not be
their bodies sense they have five
and yet to sense a question makes a sixth.

Argh rhetorical questions.

- go Figures! go Numbers! know Ideas! thanks! Cheers!

one

Nov 9, 2022, 8:31:17 AM11/9/22
Jeff wrote:

>You may have learned the word "metaphysics" for more than it is worth.

Taoism, the philosophy t'hat is, Lao-Chuang
such as it were being two basic texts may
be related to an how to being present.

How to be now
said the cow
to know if
there is.

When here is, there is.
Sew may go TTC 2
without going.

TTC 40 and TTC 42 speak
without speaking of a myth-
ology among studies of meta-
physical ideas emerging t'hats.

The drill drilling down drills.

- know idea! Thanks! Cheers!

Jeffrey Rubard

Nov 9, 2022, 5:36:31 PM11/9/22
On Wednesday, November 9, 2022 at 5:31:17 AM UTC-8, one wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
>
> >You may have learned the word "metaphysics" for more than it is worth.
> Taoism, the philosophy t'hat is, Lao-Chuang
> such as it were being two basic texts may
> be related to an how to being present.

Saying something is "metaphysics" suggests it is primarily self-soothing garbage, over long periods of time.
(Sure, I "know what this is".)

one

Nov 10, 2022, 5:07:37 AM11/10/22
Jeff wrote:

>Saying something is "metaphysics" suggests it is primarily self-soothing garbage, over long periods of time.

If that's what the word, in quotes, means to you
then t'hats th'at for you and prehaps your, audience.

Self-soothing garbage primarily or secondarily or
some other number among numbers might be a wonder
full of ore knots in veins found when going spelunking.

>(Sure, I "know what this is".)

Science, as a word, may refer to physical phenomena.

How many oars does a rower use to row a boat merrily
down a stream of thought without using any, for example.

When observations are made and able to be repeated
and experiments are performed with measures taken
by more than one person over time, a physical theory
might be created as a map along with predictions as wells.

Taoism isn't science. Metaphysics is a philosophical branch.

In order to measure the Zone,
to quantify how great to be There is,
might require an experience of sorts,
subjective, not subject to Science
in terms of a methodology.

Methods vary.

A Taoist method could involve
a so-called individual with forgetting all
about being an individual being, simply being,
without a thought about simply being.

- for a spell. thanks again! Cheers!

one

Nov 10, 2022, 5:48:48 AM11/10/22
one wrote:

>Taoism isn't science. Metaphysics is a philosophical branch.

As is epistemology.

>In order to measure the Zone,
>to quantify how great to be There is,
>might require an experience of sorts,
>subjective, not subject to Science
>in terms of a methodology.
>
>Methods vary.

Tales t'old vary as wells well.

https://terebess.hu/english/tao/Zhuangzi-Burton-Watson.pdf

<< Duke Huan was in his hall reading a book.

The wheel-wright Pian,
who was in the yard below chiseling a wheel,
laid down his mallet and chisel, stepped up into the hall, and
said to Duke Huan, “This book Your Grace is reading—may
I venture to ask whose words are in it?”

“The words of the sages,” said the duke.

“Are the sages still alive?”

“Dead long ago,” said the duke.

“In that case, what you are reading there is nothing but
the chaff and dregs of the men of old!”

“Since when does a wheelwright have permission to
comment on the books I read?” said Duke Huan. “If you
have some explanation, well and good. If not, it’s your life!”

Wheelwright Pian said, “I look at it from the point of
view of my own work. When I chisel a wheel, if the blows
of the mallet are too gentle, the chisel will slide and won’t
take hold. But if they’re too hard, it will bite and won’t
budge. Not too gentle, not too hard—you can get it in your
hand and feel it in your mind. You can’t put it into words,
and yet there’s a knack to it somehow. I can’t teach it to my
son, and he can’t learn it from me. So I’ve gone along for
seventy years, and at my age I’m still chiseling wheels.
When the men of old died, they took with them the things
that couldn’t be handed down. So what you are reading there
must be nothing but the chaff and dregs of the men of old.” >>

Knowing how
To do and not to do
As a verb
To know well may vary

one

Nov 10, 2022, 6:56:58 AM11/10/22

>>Taoism isn't science. Metaphysics is a philosophical branch.
>
>As is epistemology.

https://terebess.hu/english/tao/Zhuangzi-Burton-Watson.pdf

<< Woodworker Qing carved a piece of wood and made a bell
stand, and when it was finished, everyone who saw it
marveled, for it seemed to be the work of gods or spirits.
When the marquis of Lu saw it, he asked, “What art is it
you have?”

Qing replied, “I am only a craftsman—how would I have
any art? There is one thing, however. When I am going to
make a bell stand, I never let it wear out my energy. I always
fast in order to still my mind. When I have fasted for three
days, I no longer have any thought of congratulations or
rewards, of titles or stipends. When I have fasted for five
days, I no longer have any thought of praise or blame, of
skill or clumsiness. And when I have fasted for seven days,
I am so still that I forget I have four limbs and a form and
body. By that time, the ruler and his court no longer exist
for me. My skill is concentrated, and all outside
distractions fade away. After that, I go into the mountain
forest and examine the Heavenly nature of the trees. If I
find one of superlative form and I can see a bell stand there,
I put my hand to the job of carving; if not, I let it go. This
way I am simply matching up ‘Heaven’ with ‘Heaven.’
That’s probably the reason that people wonder if the results
were not made by spirits.” >>

one

Nov 10, 2022, 7:31:39 AM11/10/22

>>>Taoism isn't science. Metaphysics is a philosophical branch.
>>
>>As is epistemology.
>
>https://terebess.hu/english/tao/Zhuangzi-Burton-Watson.pdf

The tale told just before the Woodcarve Qing one was and is:

<< Confucius was seeing the sights at Lüliang, where the water
falls from a height of thirty fathoms and races and boils
along for forty li, so swift that no fish or other water
creature can swim in it. He saw a man dive into the water,
and supposing that the man was in some kind of trouble and
intended to end his life, he ordered his disciples to line up
on the bank and pull the man out. But after the man had
gone a couple of hundred paces, he came out of the water
and began strolling along the base of the embankment, his
hair streaming down, singing a song. Confucius ran after
him and said, “At first I thought you were a ghost, but now I
see you’re a man. May I ask if you have some special way
of staying afloat in the water?”

“I have no way. I began with what I was used to, grew up
with my nature, and let things come to completion with
fate. I go under with the swirls and come out with the
eddies, following along the way the water goes and never
thinking about myself. That’s how I can stay afloat.”

Confucius said, “What do you mean by saying that you
began with what you were used to, grew up with your
nature, and let things come to completion with fate?”

“I was born on the dry land and felt safe on the dry land
—that was what I was used to. I grew up with the water and
felt safe in the water—that was my nature. I don’t know why
I do what I do—that’s fate.” >>

one

Nov 10, 2022, 9:25:15 AM11/10/22

>>>As is epistemology.
>>
>>https://terebess.hu/english/tao/Zhuangzi-Burton-Watson.pdf

><< ... May I ask if you have some special way
>of staying afloat in the water?”
>
>“I have no way. ... >>

Hunchy Bugcatcher, when asked if he had a special Tao
said, indeed, he did and then when Swimmer Dude was
asked the same question, he said, he did not.

Yet both were able to do
such as they did, the former
being a form of stillness while
the latter formed his elf in accord
with water flowing as it flowed naturally.

- once upon a time ... in a basic text ... Cheers!

one

Nov 10, 2022, 9:30:51 AM11/10/22

From being a self
soothing one's elf
to being a method,
a technique, a Way,
ones that are, argh
and those which knot
may and/or may not be.

>>>https://terebess.hu/english/tao/Zhuangzi-Burton-Watson.pdf

>- once upon a time ... in a basic text ... Cheers!

Taoism could be called, fantasy.

Names, aka, ming,
that name singular and plural,
are able to name as a saying says
ming ke ming and at the same time says fei
meaning, not, and chang, able to connote many
meanings, plural, from meaning always, to constant
to eternal as well as usual hence fei-chang might
suggest an unusual philosophical leaf leaving
one in a form of wonder as full as sums
and as empty as differences argh.

- in a bamboozle groove. Thanks again! Cheers!

Jeffrey Rubard

Nov 10, 2022, 8:06:22 PM11/10/22
On Thursday, November 10, 2022 at 2:07:37 AM UTC-8, one wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
>
> >Saying something is "metaphysics" suggests it is primarily self-soothing garbage, over long periods of time.
> If that's what the word, in quotes, means to you
> then t'hats th'at for you and prehaps your, audience.
>
> Self-soothing garbage primarily or secondarily or
> some other number among numbers might be a wonder
> full of ore knots in veins found when going spelunking.

It's something "legal fraud" artists would want to lean on heavily, and was previously "frowned upon" for that
reason in public affairs.

Jeffrey Rubard

Nov 10, 2022, 8:09:24 PM11/10/22
You're really about that "obvious".

one

Nov 11, 2022, 6:50:38 AM11/11/22
Jeff wrote:

>It's something "legal fraud" artists would want to lean on heavily, and was previously "frowned upon" for that
>reason in public affairs.

Sounds like the woo masters got to you.

And yet, lots of people may swear, figuratively,
by their metaphysical self-soothing rationalizations
naturally as they pray to their deities on special days
and some at night before going to sleep and if they
die before they wake, they pray their god their soul
to take up to their mansion above the starry sky.

Some might take an oath and swear, literally,
on their book or with an hand over an heart
to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing
may be a form of Taoism, emptiness as it were.

Speaking of a form of metaphysics there is nothing
to it and even some odd physicists could assume space
is full of what they call, fields, with amounts, quanta,
filling those fields and point-particles of no size
yet having a funny Ting called, energy.

- packets vary ... Thanks again! Cheers!

one

Nov 11, 2022, 6:55:08 AM11/11/22
Jeff wrote:
> Jeff wrote:

>> It's something "legal fraud" artists would want to lean on heavily, and was previously "frowned upon" for that
>> reason in public affairs.
>
>You're really about that "obvious".

Taoism has its funny Ting
naturally carving many thou-
sands of oxen some of which
are the cow and others the bull.

No idea what you're projecting
when you see words on screens
reflecting what you deny you are
and do being you hypocritically as
what is, obvious, to you happens
when ever an it you pick bugs you.

- two be and not two be. totally vorpal. Cheers!

aye

Nov 11, 2022, 9:05:17 AM11/11/22
one wrote:
>Jeff wrote:
>
>>It's something "legal fraud" artists would want to lean on heavily, and was previously "frowned upon" for that
>>reason in public affairs.
>
>Sounds like the woo masters got to you.

And he, being him, became one of, them.

Him and thems elves, him and hims elf being
a spitting image he spits out on screens naturally.

He is the fraud which is odd except
not really as his hypocrisy is obvious unless
he is actually as oblivious as he appears.

- two be and not two be. out of a question. aye. Cheers!

aye

Nov 11, 2022, 9:09:52 AM11/11/22
one wrote:
>Jeff wrote:
>> Jeff wrote:
>
>>> It's something "legal fraud" artists would want to lean on heavily, and was previously "frowned upon" for that
>>> reason in public affairs.
>>
>>You're really about that "obvious".
>
>Taoism has its funny Ting
>naturally carving many thou-
>sands of oxen some of which
>are the cow and others the bull.

Being of a minority, such as he is, in his Way
looking down on people from his South being as
he puts them down his royal we is not them there over
yonder while he not being quite at ease sees a disease being
all a round him which could be noted in the Chuang-tzu, ore knot.

>No idea what you're projecting
>when you see words on screens
>reflecting what you deny you are
>and do being you hypocritically as
>what is, obvious, to you happens
>when ever an it you pick bugs you.

He taught he taw a wabbit did he.
He did. He did taw a wabbit.

Feeding troll cans be de pun of mulch pun eh.

>- two be and not two be. totally vorpal. Cheers!

- grok is a verb at times among times. aye. Cheers!

Jeffrey Rubard

Nov 13, 2022, 6:01:17 PM11/13/22
"You're projecting" is another famous feeble-ism of that practice.

aye

Nov 14, 2022, 10:20:48 AM11/14/22
Jeff wrote:

>"You're projecting" is another famous feeble-ism of that practice.

What practice?

Projecting on to various phenomena
could be, given a theory, natural.

Natural Selection, sewing two speak, selects
for bodies able to anticipate across timespace.
Paces of time move at times given a pace.

Ontologically, a pace connotes a space.
A form of emptiness plotted given a grid.
Why a question of x and/or y cans emerge.

Suspecting a lion or a tiger or a bear mite
be in the woulds allows for predictions
given a brain train of thought form.

Tzu-jan, aka ziran, if Taoism is actually, really,
a virtual topic in a virtual bamboo grove is able
to connote, natural, of-itself, self-so, etc.

What you project is yours. Your projections
for example on to some body you imagine
as being a president, a former who did
apparently form boxed cars in a train
of thought running at times given a
brain known to me as being yours.

- a sigh projects a film at eleven ... Cheers!

mite

Nov 14, 2022, 10:38:38 AM11/14/22
aye wrote:
>Jeff wrote:
>
>>"You're projecting" is another famous feeble-ism of that practice.
>
>What practice?
>
>Projecting on to various phenomena
>could be, given a theory, natural.

Aye projects naturally when
ever aye is projecting his project-
ions as they go spinning unless there
is one and only one Projection asit were.

The projection, like a dao, that is a
versus the, when verses found in a
DDJ and/or a TTC, can be like t'hats.

A mite bit in an horse's mouth is a bit
and once upon a time an horse did bite
when a troll trolled under a bridge th'at
was not, the Bridge, at t'hems elves time.

- in a bamboozle grooovy groove. Cheers!

Jeffrey Rubard

Nov 14, 2022, 3:20:29 PM11/14/22
On Monday, November 14, 2022 at 7:38:38 AM UTC-8, mite wrote:
> aye wrote:
> >Jeff wrote:
> >
> >>"You're projecting" is another famous feeble-ism of that practice.
> >
> >What practice?
> >
> >Projecting on to various phenomena
> >could be, given a theory, natural.
> Aye projects naturally when
> ever aye is projecting his project-
> ions as they go spinning unless there
> is one and only one Projection asit were.

Possible response, fairly justifiable: "Keep dreaming -- but make it more lucid."

Jeffrey Rubard

Nov 14, 2022, 3:20:46 PM11/14/22
On Monday, November 14, 2022 at 7:20:48 AM UTC-8, aye wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
>
> >"You're projecting" is another famous feeble-ism of that practice.
> What practice?

"Pettifoggery".

one

Nov 15, 2022, 7:59:22 AM11/15/22
Jeff wrote:

>Possible response, fairly justifiable: "Keep dreaming -- but make it more lucid."

Lucid dreaming may be found and have bins recently.

http://www.daoisopen.com/ZZ2.html

<< Zhuangzi Chapter 2 ~ Theories on all things being equal
Translation by Nina Correa

"One who dreams of a drunken banquet wakes up in the morning weeping
and sobbing. One who dreams of weeping and sobbing wakes up in the
morning and goes hunting. While they're dreaming, they don't know
they're dreaming. In the middle of a dream they might think they're
actually a part of the dream, but when they wake up they realize it
was just a dream. After one has completely woken up they realize it
was all just a big dream. A fool believes himself to be awake,
inwardly and privately actually believing he knows who he really is.
Princes! Paupers! Indeed! You and Qiu (Confucius) are both dreaming.
When I call you a dreamer, I'm also a dreamer. As for what I've said,
it could be called a flight of fancy. If in all the generations to
come we could meet up with someone who had such great wisdom that they
knew how to explain all this, it would be like dawn and sunset
occurring at the same time. >>

Projecting can be w'hat occurs when
an experience experienced by mystics is
called a mystical experience and the mystic
knows how all things are equal, one and the
same critter called by various names such as
for example God, Tao, Aum and yet for those
who see all things when they sail to seas differ
ringing bells they may say, nope. No Way!

Being forms of Being
forms form and the former
Being being called Supreme is
prehaps written of in TTC 4.

http://www.mobilewords.pro/Tao/chap04.htm#top

- four examples and m'ore! thanks! Cheers!

aye

Nov 15, 2022, 8:02:26 AM11/15/22
Jeff wrote:
> aye wrote:
>> Jeff wrote:
>>
>> >"You're projecting" is another famous feeble-ism of that practice.
>>
>> What practice?
>
>"Pettifoggery".

Why are you practicing that?

Taoism may have people who practice Taoism.

Prehaps you are posting your fog on little frog feet.

Projecting and reflecting. Seeing noun-things in
the House of Mirrors naturally being lost
and found Usenet being a form of
Existence, Being, and then sum.

- differences vary. aye. Thanks! Cheers!

Dim Witte

Nov 15, 2022, 4:50:22 PM11/15/22
---------
Dreaming is about releasing conflicts and expressing navigation issues, I tink; and there seems to be some re-creation function in it, where we re-view issues relating to our ideal self, or some ting. Best to review dreams understandingly, allowing them some importance, then just let them go. Read that some times something irrelevant is in a dream, but is important. I think Freud said that.

Some cultures, like Mexican, treat dreams communally, I read, like someone who had a dream will share it with rest of family at breakfast, as if it bears on them all. Probably you could look at a lot of literature as an author sharing stuff from a dream state, with dreaming actors doing re-creation. A famous dream by a Chinese sage is about a dream where he is a butterfly; and he wonders if he was dreaming of being a butterfly, or a butterfly dreaming it is him.

one

Nov 15, 2022, 6:16:56 PM11/15/22
Dim wrote:

>Dreaming is about releasing conflicts and expressing navigation issues, I tink; and there seems to be some re-creation function in it, where we re-view issues relating to our ideal self, or some ting. Best to review dreams understandingly, allowing them some importance, then just let them go. Read that some times something irrelevant is in a dream, but is important. I think Freud said that.
>
>Some cultures, like Mexican, treat dreams communally, I read, like someone who had a dream will share it with rest of family at breakfast, as if it bears on them all. Probably you could look at a lot of literature as an author sharing stuff from a dream state, with dreaming actors doing re-creation. A famous dream by a Chinese sage is about a dream where he is a butterfly; and he wonders if he was dreaming of being a butterfly, or a butterfly dreaming it is him.

Zz dreamed a dream in which he was
none other than what he was when
suddenly awakening he was there
and then when a wonder was.

Being full of words they fluttered
like a toaster toasting toast with
wings flying full of butter and
to matter making matters a
crumb fell falling down as
if it were a grain of truth.

- for the time beings ... Cheers!

Dim Witte

Nov 21, 2022, 1:59:04 AM11/21/22
I like the message in the expression by a Chinese poet that he was transported by falling flower petals. Something cosmic about that?

one

Nov 21, 2022, 6:26:47 AM11/21/22
Dim wrote:

>I like the message in the expression by a Chinese poet that he was transported by falling flower petals. Something cosmic about that?

Sounds good to me.
Very different from an apple falling.

- thanks! Cheers!

aye

Nov 21, 2022, 8:02:05 AM11/21/22
There's a zen tale about how a sound,
the plink of a rock, suddenly awakened
a monk while he worked in a garden.

Leaves often leave me in wonder and do
falling as dew drops in a bucket find me
floating down a stream of thought.

Without a care on a merry go
round and round, up, down and
sides of the Ways vary at times.

>- thanks! Cheers!

- Cheers!

one

Nov 21, 2022, 1:29:51 PM11/21/22
aye wrote:
>one wrote:
>>Dim wrote:
>>
>>>I like the message in the expression by a Chinese poet that he was transported by falling flower petals. Something cosmic about that?
>>
>>Sounds good to me.
>>Very different from an apple falling.
>
>There's a zen tale about how a sound,
>the plink of a rock, suddenly awakened
>a monk while he worked in a garden.

https://sped2work.tripod.com/kuei-shan.html

<< A Zen student called Hsiang-yen went to dokusan with Kuei-shan
Ling-yu (771-853) , the T'ang dynasty master, and Kuei-shan gave him a
koan, of which over and over he was unable to see into it's mysteries.

Hsiang-yen decided that it was all too much for him and he would
surrender. He went away and found a sacred site, the grave of the
Sixth Patriarch of Chinese Zen, Hui-neng, and maintained it as a
shrine. Day in and day out he had no thought about the world except
his sweeping. Then one day, sweeping away, he swept a pebble into a
bamboo grove beside the shrine. The pebble hit a piece of hollow
bamboo and went "ping!" and he jumped up and down.

The "ping!" shook him to pieces and he said, "One ping! and I have
forgotten all I knew!" and he composed a poem in his excitement: "Last
year's poverty was not true poverty, this year even the wind can get
through". Hsiang-yen was Enlightened.

Ponder the fact Hsiang-yen realized the Way by the sound of bamboo;
that another clarified the mind at the sight of peach blossoms. How
could it be ... ... ... >>

Dim Witte

Nov 21, 2022, 1:32:17 PM11/21/22
-----
I started wondering how nature does it, when seeing a flock of birds suddenly alight on a fence or wire, all facing the same direction, same distance apart. School of fish swimming all in subtle sequence with each other, and, yes just a week ago noticed how fallen leaves had spread out like that, too, in a pattern so artful I was tempted to get my camera.
But then it all goes away.

At traffic lights we all line up in turn, then go in stops and starts. Some dancing is repetitious; other, as in figure skating tries to be graceful. Blacks know how to do "slow dancing," which is for lovers.

aye

Nov 21, 2022, 1:33:18 PM11/21/22
one found:
<< Kuei-shan Ling-yu was the pre-eminent successor of Pai-chang
Huai-hai and known in the Blue Cliff Record for cases 4, 24, and 70.
His community was known to number more than fifteen hundred and
according to the Record produced forty-three Enlightened disciples.

One of those disciples was Hsiang-yen who was originally a novice
under Pai-chang; he was exceptionally brilliant and quick witted,
strong in analytical power and logical acumen, and versed in the
scriptures. But he was not initiated into Ch’an (Zen). At the death of
Pai-chang, he made himself a disciple of Pai-chang’s senior disciple
Kuei-shan. Kuei-shan said to him, "I hear that when you were with our
late Master Pai-chang, you could give ten answers to a single
question…..This shows your remarkable intelligence and ingenuity,
which enables you to understand ideas and unfold their consequences.
Now the question of birth and death is the most fundamental of all.
Try to tell me something about your state before you were born
of your parents."

This question plunged his mind into a thick fog. He did not even know
what to think. Returning to his room, he made a feverish search in all
the books that he had read for something appropriate to say in answer
to the question; but he could not find a single sentence that could
be used.

So he sighed to himself, saying, "As the saying goes, a painted cake
satisfies not the hunger." After that, he pressed his master time and
time again to break the secret to him by speaking explicitly. Every
time Kuei-shan said, "If I should expound it explicitly to you, in
future you will reproach me for it. Anyway, whatever I speak still
belongs to me, and has nothing to do with you."

In his despair, Hsiang-yen, not unlike his contemporary in Zen ways,
Te Shan, burnt all his books, saying, "In this life I will not study
Buddha dharma any more. Let me become a mendicant monk ever on the
move from one place to another." He took leave of his master weeping.
His wandering brought him to the ruins of a temple associated with the
memory of Master Hui-neng. There he made his temporary abode.

One day as he was mowing and cutting the grass and trees, he tossed at
random a piece of broken tile, which happened to hit a bamboo tree,
causing it to emit a crisp sound. Startled by the unexpected sound, he
was suddenly awakened to his true self not born with his birth.
Returning to his cell, he bathed himself and lit incense to pay his
long-distance obeisance to Kuei-shan, saying, "O Venerable Abbot, how
great is your compassion! I am grateful to you more than to my
parents. If you had broken the secret to me then, how could I have
experienced the wonderful event of today?" >> - ibid.

one

Nov 21, 2022, 1:37:12 PM11/21/22
Dim wrote:

>I started wondering how nature does it, when seeing a flock of birds suddenly alight on a fence or wire, all facing the same direction, same distance apart. School of fish swimming all in subtle sequence with each other, and, yes just a week ago noticed how fallen leaves had spread out like that, too, in a pattern so artful I was tempted to get my camera.
>But then it all goes away.

With and without
Yu and Wu
Having and not having

>At traffic lights we all line up in turn, then go in stops and starts.

Order and chaos
Rational and irrational
The latter precedes the former

Given: a Taoist ontology.

- thanks again! Cheers!

Jeffrey Rubard

Nov 21, 2022, 3:25:42 PM11/21/22
On Tuesday, November 15, 2022 at 5:02:26 AM UTC-8, aye wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
> > aye wrote:

> >> What practice?
> >
> >"Pettifoggery".
> Why are you practicing that?

I'm not, it's the usual term for your yuk-yuk-they-don't-get-it stuff.
I swear, "I am rubber and you are glue" is just not the insight of the century...

one

Nov 21, 2022, 5:35:41 PM11/21/22
Jeff wrote:
> aye wrote:
>> Jeff wrote:

>> >"Pettifoggery".
>>
>> Why are you practicing that?
>
>I'm not, it's the usual term for your yuk-yuk-they-don't-get-it stuff.

Who is they?

>I swear, "I am rubber and you are glue" is just not the insight of the century...

So, you're thinking about a century
that is not, the century.

Reminds one of the dao
and all the dao that are not, the dao.

A century could be a way, a dao,
as in the way of your century that is not
the insight you're thinking about.

Your practice is kinda strange, imo.

Why are you swearing?

- thanks! Cheers!

aye

Nov 22, 2022, 9:14:17 AM11/22/22
one wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
>> aye wrote:

>>> Why are you practicing that?
>>
>>I'm not, it's the usual term for your yuk-yuk-they-don't-get-it stuff.
>
>Who is they?

They is him and his audience who is/are
imaginary as he projects them on to a
screen of all screens as he screens 'em.

>>I swear, "I am rubber and you are glue" is just not the insight of the century...
>
>So, you're thinking about a century
>that is not, the century.

He th'inks a lot
and draws a short
straw of sorts as he
draws them in his posts
as he posts them in Usenet.

Straw people appear to be his
noun thing as he shorts them his
depths of Tao Chia appear shallow.

>Reminds one of the dao
>and all the dao that are not, the dao.

Being in denial, projecting, queens and he, hims
elf if not elves hims elves and w'hat knots finds
the south in particular his bane being such as
he is prehaps a king of the north folk.

>A century could be a way, a dao,
>as in the way of your century that is not
>the insight you're thinking about.

Once there was a time when to be stoned
meant a death of sorts unlike today in this very
century, not to be confused with any other when
being stoned was legal or not legal, for being such
as he is when he projects his queen status on his
nation state of mind as being the south naturally.

>Your practice is kinda strange, imo.

He preaches his gee double-you
whiz bang presto fog on dog feet
creeping merrily as he rows a long
way that differs from the Ways of
Tao Chia sewing two speak eh.

>Why are you swearing?

Cuz he's an oath kinda guy?

>- thanks! Cheers!

- aye. Cheers!

Jeffrey Rubard

Nov 22, 2022, 3:08:21 PM11/22/22
On Tuesday, November 22, 2022 at 6:14:17 AM UTC-8, aye wrote:
> one wrote:
> > Jeff wrote:

> >>I'm not, it's the usual term for your yuk-yuk-they-don't-get-it stuff.
> >
> >Who is they?
> They is him and his audience who is/are
> imaginary as he projects them on to a
> screen of all screens as he screens 'em.

"Oh, that's good reasoning", etc.

far out man!

Nov 22, 2022, 4:16:35 PM11/22/22
Jeff wrote in quotes:

>"Oh, that's good reasoning", etc.

Jah mon. We be jah mon.

- Cheers!

Jeffrey Rubard

Nov 23, 2022, 2:02:39 PM11/23/22
They used to make a lot of psychological hay out of "nonsense phrases", maybe they don't so much anymore.

one

Nov 23, 2022, 5:16:23 PM11/23/22
Jeff wrote:

>They used to make a lot of psychological hay out of "nonsense phrases", maybe they don't so much anymore.

Who is they?

- thanks! Cheers!

aye

Nov 24, 2022, 9:19:43 AM11/24/22
one wondered:
>Jeff wrote:
>
>>They used to make a lot of psychological hay out of "nonsense phrases", maybe they don't so much anymore.
>
>Who is they?

They are those who it goes to show when
they find a place that serves ox tails and
other ox parts like brains, for example.

They say, the food here is terrible!
They say, and such small portions!

>- thanks! Cheers!

- know problemo. aye. Cheers!

one

Nov 24, 2022, 11:59:18 AM11/24/22
aye wrote:
>one wondered:
>>Jeff wrote:
>>
>>>They used to make a lot of psychological hay out of "nonsense phrases", maybe they don't so much anymore.
>>
>>Who is they?
>
>They are those who it goes to show when
>they find a place that serves ox tails and
>other ox parts like brains, for example.
>
>They say, the food here is terrible!
>They say, and such small portions!

Well, hope fully, they,
have a Happy Thanksgiving!

>>- thanks! Cheers!
>
>- know problemo. aye. Cheers!

- Cheers!

Jeffrey Rubard

Nov 25, 2022, 6:18:19 PM11/25/22
On Wednesday, November 23, 2022 at 2:16:23 PM UTC-8, one wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
>
> >They used to make a lot of psychological hay out of "nonsense phrases", maybe they don't so much anymore.
> Who is they?

People smarter than you.

Jeffrey Rubard

Nov 25, 2022, 6:19:31 PM11/25/22
On Thursday, November 24, 2022 at 8:59:18 AM UTC-8, one wrote:
> aye wrote:
> >one wondered:

> >>Who is they?
> >
> >They are those who it goes to show when
> >they find a place that serves ox tails and
> >other ox parts like brains, for example.
> >
> >They say, the food here is terrible!
> >They say, and such small portions!
> Well, hope fully, they,
> have a Happy Thanksgiving!

In the same spirit, guess it's a little weird that it comes up... don't give any people HIV/AIDS? Any *more* people HIV/AIDS? Mostly people would think it was an idea.

aye

Nov 26, 2022, 5:04:17 PM11/26/22
Jeff wrote:
> one wrote:
>> Jeff wrote:
>>
>> >They used to make a lot of psychological hay out of "nonsense phrases", maybe they don't so much anymore.
>>
>> Who is they?
>
>People smarter than you.

Probably t'here is only one other reader
aside from you who reads these threads.

To call him, they, may be to use a pronoun
he would not use and yet, then again, for you
to know w'hat non sense an it could be when th'at
particular it stands in place of a noun might be
when you your's elf begins two play eh.

- aye. Thanks! Cheers!

Jeffrey Rubard

Nov 26, 2022, 5:23:17 PM11/26/22
On Saturday, November 26, 2022 at 2:04:17 PM UTC-8, aye wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
> > one wrote:

> >> Who is they?
> >
> >People smarter than you.
> Probably t'here is only one other reader
> aside from you who reads these threads.

"On the face of it" that's an intellectually irresponsible speculation:
you simply wouldn't have a way to know it was true... so the malice
you intend with "misdirection" using it is less fascinating than you
think. "Long story short."

one

Nov 26, 2022, 6:26:37 PM11/26/22
Jeff wrote:
> one wrote:
>> aye wrote:
>> > one wondered:

>> >They are those who it goes to show when
>> >they find a place that serves ox tails and
>> >other ox parts like brains, for example.
>> >
>> >They say, the food here is terrible!
>> >They say, and such small portions!
>>
>> Well, hope fully, they,
>> have a Happy Thanksgiving!
>
>In the same spirit, guess it's a little weird that it comes up...
>don't give any people HIV/AIDS?

Naturally. Use artificial means
by various means possible Way
above average prophylactics for
you to help prevent the spread if
being at risk is what you are.

Abstinence is a sure Way. It could be said to be Tao.
The one and only Tao, unless more Ways exist to ensure
you don't go spreading the virus t'hat obsesses you.

>Any *more* people HIV/AIDS? Mostly people would think it was an idea.

Not sure what you're saying there.

Tao are tao and could be spelled Tao
when they work, naturally. Artificial Tao
might be called Tao, kinda like Butcher Ting's.

His vorpal edge having no edge at all
being able to slice thru emptiness, the empty
spaces between the bull and cow oxen which he
carved thousands of times without any need
to sharpen the knife, could be said to be
natural, naturally assuming people
are grouped as a category.

- among natural means, Nature, kinda. Cheers!

Jeffrey Rubard

Nov 26, 2022, 6:32:11 PM11/26/22
On Saturday, November 26, 2022 at 3:26:37 PM UTC-8, one wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
> > one wrote:

> >> Well, hope fully, they,
> >> have a Happy Thanksgiving!
> >
> >In the same spirit, guess it's a little weird that it comes up...
> >don't give any people HIV/AIDS?

> Naturally. Use artificial means
> by various means possible Way
> above average prophylactics for
> you to help prevent the spread if
> being at risk is what you are.

You "kind of" get right to the problem with the "naturally" locution in the next paragraph,
don't you?

> Abstinence is a sure Way. It could be said to be Tao.
> The one and only Tao, unless more Ways exist to ensure
> you don't go spreading the virus t'hat obsesses you.
> >Any *more* people HIV/AIDS? Mostly people would think it was an idea.
> Not sure what you're saying there.

Yeah, you kind of people have a lot of trouble with the banal "temporal tense logic", and
it's... not so good. Obviously: if you *were* to have already infected individuals with the HIV
virus (which eventually works their death, though it can be medically controlled enough
today) saying that "naturally" you could recommend many ways to "try" in future episodes
to stem infection is kind of... not enough. Honestly, from an "older American" perspective
even if it were your *kid* that had had this problem the "less-than-fancy footwork" fails to
satisfy at least at this point.

one

Nov 27, 2022, 4:28:54 AM11/27/22

one

Nov 27, 2022, 4:29:20 AM11/27/22

> you kind of people

aye

Nov 27, 2022, 4:45:37 AM11/27/22
Jeff wrote:

> Honestly, from an "older American" perspective
>even if it were your *kid* that had had this problem the "less-than-fancy footwork" fails to
>satisfy at least at this point.

Hypothetically, if you were, quote kidding,
a round in Usenet as a troll you make sense.

How what you write about a virus,
with which you appear to be obesessed,
pertains to Taoism remains an unknown.

Three unknowns have bins
said to be which are water to fish,
air to the birds and Tao to people who,
while it's every where and each when it is
being prior to Being and as well Nonbeing,
given TTC 1, naturally, your duality mode
is not a concern of mines given mine eyes.

Words, as you view them, such as Jah
which is able to mean, Yes and mon can
when combined means aye be jammin.

Prehaps you have a need for approval
or figure you are an authority who makes
rules, and, your dogma suggests a kind of
Confucianism is m'ore like w'hat you like
than when, say, for example a Taoist
text, the Chuang-tzu, speaks of words.

When unable to grok a phase
when shifting ground sifts
and mud has yet to settle
who can wait, a line says.

TTC 15 describes, asks and concluds width:

https://terebess.hu/english/tao/gia.html

<< Observers of the Tao do not seek fulfillment.
Not seeking fulfillment, they are not swayed by desire for change. >>

Some people might like change, to not spread
what obsesses and/or possesses them and
yet how to get rid of a mind, techniques
such as a fast can be Ways if not the
Way meaning, one and only one.

Sitting and forgetting.
Returning from a notion.
An ocean of thought forms.

- waves break. beer o'clock looms. Cheers!

mite

Nov 27, 2022, 6:23:25 AM11/27/22
aye wrote:

>Sitting and forgetting.
>Returning from a notion.
>An ocean of thought forms.
>
>- waves break. beer o'clock looms. Cheers!

Its bins having arrived, arrived hear here!

- Cheers!

Jeffrey Rubard

Nov 27, 2022, 5:46:07 PM11/27/22
On Sunday, November 27, 2022 at 1:45:37 AM UTC-8, aye wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
>
> > Honestly, from an "older American" perspective
> >even if it were your *kid* that had had this problem the "less-than-fancy footwork" fails to
> >satisfy at least at this point.
> Hypothetically, if you were, quote kidding,
> a round in Usenet as a troll you make sense.

You seem to be "rolling yourself around in a circle" here.

one

Nov 28, 2022, 7:04:41 AM11/28/22
Jeff wrote:

>You seem to be "rolling yourself around in a circle" here.

A round a round the campfire
could have more than one meaning,
similar to a Dao that is a Dao and
at the same time isn't always the Dao.

Take a hammer for example.
To hammer a nail, a hammer works.
The hammer's Way aka Dao does work.

To saw a piece of wood, it isn't the Dao.
To use Chef Ting's knife on a nail won't cut it.

Once upon a time people used rocks
and stone was the age during the Dao
of those days and a daze was when they
saw how to cut instead of smash they
could use a saw instead. And so
using both hammer and saw
the people saw the Dao
as being in the Zz it
was said a bout.

https://terebess.hu/english/tao/Zhuangzi-Burton-Watson.pdf

<< If we must use curve and plumb line, compass and
square, to make something right, this means cutting away
its inborn nature; if we must use cords and knots, glue and
lacquer, to make something firm, this means violating its
natural Virtue. So the crouchings and bendings of rights and
music, the smiles and beaming looks of benevolence and
righteousness, which are intended to comfort the hearts of
the world, in fact destroy their constant naturalness.
For in the world, there can be constant naturalness.
Where there is constant naturalness, things are arced not by
the use of the curve, straightened not by the use of the
plumb line, rounded not by the compasses, squared not by T-
squares, joined not by glue and lacquer, bound not by ropes
and lines. Then all things in the world, simple and
compliant, live and never know how they happen to live; all
things, rude and unwitting, get what they need and never
know how they happen to get it. Past and present, it has
been the same; nothing can do injury to this [principle].
Why, then, come with benevolence and righteousness, that
tangle and train of glue and lacquer, ropes and lines, and try
to wander in the realm of the Way and its Virtue? You will
only confuse the world! >>

- thanks! Cheers!