in between first quarter and full moon

David Dalton

Feb 18, 2024, 8:01:19 PMFeb 18
I have begun a new attempt in the thread
“Waxing Clamshell/phase of Yom Kippur”
on alt.religion.druid . Note that in some
traditions the Buddha is said to have achieved
release from his ascetic years at first quarter
moon, while other traditions say full moon.
So perhaps it was in between. :-)

“Early morning jubilators, up to no good instigators... Sons of long
forgotten races, that the darkest night embraces" (Ron Hynes & D. O'D.)

one

Feb 19, 2024, 8:42:17 AMFeb 19
David wrote:

>I have begun a new attempt in the thread
>“Waxing Clamshell/phase of Yom Kippur”

<< Yom Kippur for Hebrew Year 5785
begins at sundown on Friday, 11 October 2024
and ends at nightfall on Saturday, 12 October 2024. >>

Prehaps a different Yom Kippur ore knots.

>on alt.religion.druid . Note that in some
>traditions the Buddha is said to have achieved
>release from his ascetic years at first quarter
>moon, while other traditions say full moon.

After fasting for a spell, how many days
were the days of his fast might be important.

>So perhaps it was in between. :-)

Some say that with some forms
of bondage, possession, and sew froth k not
only prayer works. Fasting might be an imperative.

Siddhartha and Jesus both fasted. A woodsman fasted.

Types of what is called a fast, to hold, fasten, to restrain
from doing a doing may vary and yet at the same time to do
without, without doing, sitting and forgetting, a mind-fast, a
type of heart-fast, to let go, give up, release may be included.

- thanks! Cheers!

David Dalton

Feb 19, 2024, 12:27:30 PMFeb 19
On Feb 19, 2024, one wrote
(in article<7em6ti9o2kdbe8bqg...@4ax.com>):

> David wrote:
>
> > I have begun a new attempt in the thread
> > “Waxing Clamshell/phase of Yom Kippur”
>
> << Yom Kippur for Hebrew Year 5785
> begins at sundown on Friday, 11 October 2024
> and ends at nightfall on Saturday, 12 October 2024. >>
>
> Prehaps a different Yom Kippur ore knots.

I said phase of Yom Kippur (the same phase of the
lunar month) but of course it is not the correct
lunar month.

David Dalton

Feb 19, 2024, 1:10:46 PMFeb 19
On Feb 18, 2024, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2B82DFDC01...@news.eternal-september.org>):

> I have begun a new attempt in the thread
> “Waxing Clamshell/phase of Yom Kippur”
> on alt.religion.druid . Note that in some
> traditions the Buddha is said to have achieved
> release from his ascetic years at first quarter
> moon, while other traditions say full moon.
> So perhaps it was in between. :-)

I am trying again beginning at 2:30 p.m. (1800 UTC) February 19,
now that the moon is slightly above 80% and my mystic web
page counter ends in the lucky (for me) number 55.

one

Feb 20, 2024, 8:30:17 AMFeb 20
David wrote:
> one wrote
>> David wrote:
>>
>> > I have begun a new attempt in the thread
>> > “Waxing Clamshell/phase of Yom Kippur”
>>
>> << Yom Kippur for Hebrew Year 5785
>> begins at sundown on Friday, 11 October 2024
>> and ends at nightfall on Saturday, 12 October 2024. >>
>>
>> Prehaps a different Yom Kippur ore knots.
>
>I said phase of Yom Kippur (the same phase of the
>lunar month)

Searching for what phase of the moon that is,
it looks to be the first quarter. This month,
the 16th appears to be that phase.

>but of course it is not the correct
>lunar month.

Then why mention Yom Kippur?

Are you fasting, abstaining, repenting, atoning?

Drawing lines connecting points can be fun!

Whether a geometry is, the Geometry well
it could be plane to sea oars non-Euclidean.

- thanks! Cheers!