Me, myself, and I

Dim Witte

Nov 29, 2022, 10:01:51 AM11/29/22
Interested in factoring in the different aspects of Taoism, the philosophy, I keep coming back to the me, myself, and I grammatical terms, which get mixed up as subjective and objective parts and seem to suggest lots of different selves.

Now I find a review of a TV series that echoes some of this. Review says, "Me, Myself & I" stars Bobby Moynihan in a comedy about the defining moments in
one man's life over three distinct periods--as a 14-year-old in 19919, at age 40 in present day and at age 65 in 2042." Video is getting top reviews.

Also see a crappy song by Beyonce that tries to capitalize on ego, I suppose.

But not sure if it helps or not to think of "me" as the mostly conscious identity, "myself" as unconscious selves dojng serendipity with Tao, and "I" as something with spiritual significance, too. Probably we have more than the three identities, come to think of it. Might help to use one of the three for meditation?

one

Nov 29, 2022, 5:44:29 PM11/29/22
Dim wrote:

>Interested in factoring in the different aspects of Taoism, the philosophy, I keep coming back to the me, myself, and I grammatical terms, which get mixed up as subjective and objective parts and seem to suggest lots of different selves.

Subject/predicate.
Subject/verb-object.

As me old grammer, whose name is Grammer
used to say, language mites effect mind frames.

>Now I find a review of a TV series that echoes some of this. Review says, "Me, Myself & I" stars Bobby Moynihan in a comedy about the defining moments in
>one man's life over three distinct periods--as a 14-year-old in 19919, at age 40 in present day and at age 65 in 2042." Video is getting top reviews.

I'll keep a virtual eye out for it. Thanks!

>Also see a crappy song by Beyonce that tries to capitalize on ego, I suppose.

My ego is getting m'ore rounded.

I'd go walking, hiking up hills if not jogging asking
a self of mines why. Why do aerobic exercise.
To get in shape to stay in shape to be in shape
was an answer which arrived time and time again.

Th'at was until a knee, my knee, the right one left
me with an injury. Tendonitis. And, needing to slow
down put a kibosh on the aerobics for many months.

Now, instead of doing three miles, two are fine.
And at times not even two. Perhaps just one
and a half of one, in the morning before a
time is for beer o'clock occurs naturally.

If a knee is replaced, and then belongs
to a body, when the old one is discarded
what it was is no more a part of whose
knee naturally it was before t'hat was.

Some body, having a mind, might say,
there goes my knee, in to the trash and
now it isn't mine any m'ore in a mind's mine.

>But not sure if it helps or not to think of "me" as the mostly conscious identity, "myself" as unconscious selves dojng serendipity with Tao, and "I" as something with spiritual significance, too. Probably we have more than the three identities, come to think of it. Might help to use one of the three for meditation?

One could think of Consciousness
as being a thing of Being, who, as
the one and only one One, Who is.

Krishna isn't a Taoist kinda god yet God
he is, incarnated time and time again as
Vishnu who emerges from Brahma when
sleeping dreams the worlds in to Being.

Pantheism might not be a Taoist mode
and yet, there is, in Feng's translation
a Self who watches wan-wu return.

All things return.

https://terebess.hu/english/tao/gia.html#Kap16

<< Sixteen

Empty yourself of everything.
Let the mind become still.

The ten thousand things rise and fall while the Self
watches their return.

They grow and flourish and then return to the source.
Returning to the source is stillness, which is the way of nature.

The way of nature is unchanging.
Knowing constancy is insight.

Not knowing constancy leads to disaster.
Knowing constancy, the mind is open.

With an open mind, you will be openhearted.
Being openhearted, you will act royally.
Being royal, you will attain the divine.
Being divine, you will be at one with the Tao.

Being at one with the Tao is eternal.
And though the body dies, the Tao will never pass away. >>

Shedding a skin, forms of Being return.

I is a word.
Me is a word.
Forms of words form.

Sounds return.
Silence returns.

- at beer o'clock in the now. Thanks! Cheers!