Spirituality And Door To Religion

ibsh...@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2017, 1:46:34 AM11/20/17
Spirituality of any kind opens the door to religion. If astrology or numerology or anything of similar sort is true, then so is God. With such things working, you do not get away with a materialist fundamentalist worldview. Instead you have to look for logical applications of what you have seen; and this means divine origins.

I had a girlfriend who was an astrologer. Now many people think that astrology is for idiots, but this woman was brilliant. She also had experience in a cult of a Hindu swami, and she had many valuable things to say. Of course the materialist fundamentalist types attacked her a lot; but what she had to say was far wiser than what they had to say. And even any number of people who thought that astrology was a pseudoscience commended her on the precision of her observations.

Then the astrologers – at least on the Internet – were attacked by people who called themselves skeptics, and these people were very nasty. They decided that astrology was for lunatics, and they personally attacked the people who were into it. On my part I have had many experiences with less than a billionth chance of happening whose only possible explanations were religious, and of course many people saw me as a kook. However for me to deny what I have experienced would not be logical; it would be dishonest. And dishonesty does not a rational person make.

Then I started having experiences of God and of Jesus Christ. For me this has been a constant battle, as I am sure it has been for many others. Nobody wants to go to hell. Many people do not want to submit their lives to a power. Being a brat that I am, I find it very difficult to submit to Christ. However it is better to submit to Christ, who is wise and benevolent, than it would be to submit to people who think that they know what they are talking about but really do not.

Christ, in my case, has proven His reality to me again and again. Often I do not want this to be the case. Often I want my life to be my own. Often I want to go back to the atheistic worldview. However I do not have the option to do so honestly.

As for the people who consider such things illogical, my answer is that logic is a method and not a worldview. If something does not fit into a worldview, the logical solution is not to deny the experience but to modify the worldview. In my case, this is not a matter of faith or belief. In my case this is a matter of fact. And if even I, having had the kinds of experiences that I have had, am open to doubting or wanting to deny them, then who else is not vulnerable.

Is Jesus real? You bet He is. And I say this as someone who for a long time have been a militant atheist. If you have not had these kinds of experiences, then you can be seen to be honestly in error. However I, among others, do not have that luxury. I could do such a thing; but to do so would be a very profound sin.

Whether you have the materialistic worldview or if you are into spirituality, I implore you to look further into the Bible. Ask Christ into your life. His wisdom is greater than that of the world, and He can teach you what you need to know. He does not only save souls. He also saves lives.