"Pet Shop" tv show

Robin

Nov 30, 2002, 7:15:02 AM11/30/02

anybody watch "The Pet Shop with Marc Morrone"? (sat mornings--very
early)--cool show, about all kinds of pets and they are all wandering around
together onstage--dogs, cats, bunnies, ferrets, hamsters, birds and some
other weird animals i can't even identify--there is one in particular which
i can't identify that has been driving me crazy--it is a huge, very white
furry guy with a face a little like a kuala (sp?) bear (pushed in nose) and
big ears that stick straight out with huge tufts of hair coming out
them--it is adorable--has anybody who has watched this show know what the
heck this is??!!--this morning he was talking about taking indoor pets
outside and had some useful bunny hints--also, on his website there is this
disclaimer that someone here might find useful, so i'll paste it here:
Attention Bunny Owners!
On last weeks episode of The Pet Shop it was said that the Frontline Flea
and Tick Control was safe for all mammals. Actually it is not at all safe
for rabbits and should never be used on them. We sincerely apologize for any
confusion that this has caused.

-Robin

--
my Bugsy Rabbit
http://further30000.tripod.com

some of my drawings
http://further3000.homestead.com/robin4.html

J&S Bouchard

Nov 30, 2002, 9:11:05 AM11/30/02
That animal you are talking about sounds like a lemur. I petted one about 3
weeks ago. Soooo cute
Joanne

"Robin" <furth...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Robin

Nov 30, 2002, 9:49:32 AM11/30/02
thanks joanne--lemurs are adorable for sure--i actually found out (i wrote
the guy, Marc Morrone, who hosts the show and he wrote right back!--cool)
that it's an angora rabbit--absolutely gorgeous!!!--it was huge too--it was
only slightly smaller than the Flemish Giant it was sitting next too (and
that was a BIG giant!--lol)--i would love to have one--whatta cutie!!!
-Robin

"J&S Bouchard" <joan...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Laurie

Nov 30, 2002, 12:13:11 PM11/30/02
Robin wrote:
> anybody watch "The Pet Shop with Marc Morrone"? (sat mornings--very
> early)--cool show, about all kinds of pets and they are all wandering
> around together onstage--dogs, cats, bunnies, ferrets, hamsters,
> birds and some other weird animals i can't even identify--there is

I've been following a heated discussion of this show in another newsgroup.
There have been all sorts of interesting studies quoted which say that
desensitizing the fear instinct in the animals, which allows them all to be
together like that, is actually more stressful to them than the plain old
fear would be. I've never seen the show, but the thread has said that there
are many disclaimers along the lines of "don't try this at home".

As for the angora bunny - Ronie's Lily Poofdarina is a beautiful example of
a white angora! She does look otherworldly IMHO! ;-)

Laurie

Robin

Nov 30, 2002, 8:08:13 PM11/30/02
hi laurie--it does seem unnatural for them all to be mingling like that--and
there ARE disclaimers saying that u shouldn't try it at home, that these
animals are specially trained--but i don't know that it's harmful--they all
look pretty happy to me and this Marronne guy seems to have devoted his life
to animals and has a huge pet shop for "other than cats and dogs" animals
here in NY, so i would think he'd be perceptive and aware enuf of his
animals to notice if they were especially stressed--he seems like a very
nice guy actually--but who really knows???--it is an interesting question
tho
---about the angora--i have been reading about them, and fell in love!--what
beauties!!!
-Robin

"Laurie" <lauri...@attbiDONTSPAMME.com> wrote in message

Lindsey R

Dec 1, 2002, 1:25:57 AM12/1/02
Lol, that is his angora rabbit! I cant believe you missed that one! She is
soo pretty though isnt she?

Robin

Dec 1, 2002, 8:33:11 AM12/1/02
i had thought it was some type of rabbit, but wasn't sure, i had never seen
one like that before--she's gorgeous for sure!--i would love to have one!
(if i had the time required to properly care for one, which i don't
unfortunately--ugh--lol)--i'm gonna do some investigating tho
-Robin

"Lindsey R" <linds...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Nona

Dec 1, 2002, 11:22:38 AM12/1/02
Where did you find a lemur to pet, Joanne?

I have seen them often in zoos, but never in a petable situation.

It was my understanding that most of them are considered endangered
species.

Nona

~~~~~~~

J&S Bouchard

Dec 2, 2002, 7:25:15 AM12/2/02
Hi Nona, about 3 weeks ago there was a traveling zoo/ safari guy from Ottawa
going to other cities so people can "meet" new animals. They had 2 lemurs.
I've never seen anything so cute in my life. It's those huge eyes that
follow you and their hands are just like ours with the nails and all... a
little softer though. And a tail to die for. I could have taken that little
guy home for sure. ;-) Hubby would have killed me but that's another story!
Joanne

J&S Bouchard

Dec 2, 2002, 7:29:24 AM12/2/02
My local pet shop has a big angora rabbit in a separate cage. It's so big
and fluffy and I can barely see it's face. I don't think I would have the
time to care for it too... but so adorable. It looks to be older... I guess
some family decided to bring it back. How sad!
Joanne

"Robin" <furth...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Nona

Dec 2, 2002, 5:05:48 PM12/2/02
Yeah, they do jump around a good bit!

Hard to keep any lamps standing or pictures on the wall with a lemur in
the house!

Thank you for the answer.

Nona