Re: a lot of ordinary bad capital proceeds cups on Jessica's additional mix

Jonnie

Jan 24, 2008, 1:11:24 PM1/24/08
the Surprising Work of God is Jonathan Edwards'
own account of the mighty way in which God moved among the people of
Northampton, Massachusetts and other nearby communities in the early
stages of what has become known as The Great Awakening. There is much to
be learned from Edwards regarding the nature of true conversion and how
God's Spirit works in awakening and converting sinners. A Faithful
Narrative is reproduced here in its entirety with the hopes that many
will profit greatly from the observations of the greatest evangelist
ever to grace the American continent.

The Narrative is divided into three sections:

I. A General Introductory Statement,

II. The Manner of Conversions Various, Yet Bearing a Great Analogy,

III. This Work Further Illustrated in Particular Instances.

Rev. and Honored Sir,

Having seen your letter to my honored Uncle Williams of Hatfield, of
July 20, wherein you inform him of the notice that has been taken of the
late wonderful work of God, in this and some other towns in this
country, by the Rev. Dr. Watts, and Dr. Guyse, of London, and the
congregation to which the last of these preached on a monthly day of
solemn prayer; also, of your desire to be more perfectly acquainted with
it, by some of us on the spot: and having been since informed by my
Uncle Williams that you desire me to undertake it, I would now