Pit bull feet

Rudy Canoza

Feb 28, 2016, 4:06:22 PM2/28/16
Are relatively small feet a breed trait for pit bulls? They have always
struck me as having small feet even when the animal is fairly big;
smaller than what I would expect for a dog of that size.

I have a mixed breed dog, and I'm pretty sure she's part pit bull,
although I don't know all of her makeup. Her head shape - very wide at
the jaws - and the way she sometimes holds her ears suggest some pit
bull. Just guessing, I'd say she's 50% Rhodesian ridgeback, 25%
Labrador retriever and 25% pit bull. She shows characteristics of all
three: a little bit high-strung like the ridgeback, lies around most of
the day at home like a mature lab, and likes to play very aggressively
(but not dangerously) like a pit bull. People who are knowledgeable
about ridgebacks always exclaim, "Oh, she's a ridgeback!" when they see
her out on a walk, even though she lacks the characteristic "zipper"
down her back. She looks a lot like the dog in the foreground of this
picture, including the forward pitch of the ears, the furrowed brow, the
dark muzzle and eyes and the white chest blaze:
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images18/RhodesianRidgebackPuppiesLeoLucy4Months.jpg

Note the size of the paws on that dog - far larger than my dog.

She's bigger than a typical pit bull, about 75 pounds, and probably the
height of a medium lab. But she has obviously smaller feet than a
typical 75 pound dog. That makes me wonder if perhaps the pit bull
percentage is higher than my guess.