shedding

1 view

Michael Cafarella

Mar 26, 2002, 9:20:24 PM3/26/02
Hello...my one-year old (whole) male choc lab sheds so much
that it's next to impossible to keep the kichen floor clean! I mean
it's unbelievable! I realize that he probably needs a lot of brushing
etc., but is this a common thing with labs? BTW...I still love him!
Not like this New England weather! LOL!

cat daddy

Mar 26, 2002, 9:32:35 PM3/26/02
What do you feed him? My Anne shed snowstorms and tumbleweeds. I fed her
Pedigree. My Caitlin, at one year, hardly produces any fluff. I'm curious if
Nutro and fish oil caps have anything to do with this.

"Michael Cafarella" <mc...@attbi.com> wrote in message

Juli Jer

Mar 26, 2002, 10:08:43 PM3/26/02
It depends on what your weather is doing. It could be that he is
blowing his coat for the warmer weather. When my lab blows her coat, I
have to sweep at least every other day. Otherwise, it's wall-to-wall
dog hair. My hubby says we should get new carpeting ... lab fur
carpeting!

--

Juli Jer
jj...@erols.com

Simon Tan

Mar 26, 2002, 9:55:14 PM3/26/02
Mandy gets Eukanuba and sheds quite a bit. We also give
her fish oil capsules. There always seem to be a layer of
dog fur on our polished granite floor!

"cat daddy" <furball@.myhouse.com> wrote in message

Kim Beverly

Mar 26, 2002, 11:34:32 PM3/26/02
Michael,
Coat shedding will depend upon what type of coat he has, what you are
feeding, how you are heating the house and also...stress. Seeing as your
dog is just a year...he is likely blowing his winter puppy coat...and that
can be a ton of a hair.
Try giving him a good warm bath...and then dry well. Spend the next few
days with a shedding blade outdoors for say 15 minutes a day. The warm bath
will loosen the dead hair and the shedding blade is excellent at removing
dead hair.
Happy brushing.

--
Kim, Pirate Labradors
Sutton ON Canada

cat daddy

Mar 27, 2002, 1:01:38 AM3/27/02
Caitlin had severe itching when I got her due to Iams. It stopped when I
switched to Nutro. Iams and Eukanuba are made by the same company. I guess
I'm polling for a correlation between food and shedding. Although, each dog
is different.

"Simon Tan" <ken...@pc.jaring.my> wrote in message

Very Joyful

Mar 27, 2002, 1:23:43 AM3/27/02

Yes! It's common!

Kirsty

Mar 27, 2002, 3:03:38 AM3/27/02
Yes my 1 year old is the same, he is a chocolate lab, his coat is very
coarse and then underneath here is just real fluffy. He is loosing like both
of them right now, like you can just easily pull tuffs of hair out which are
loose all over him, mainly around the neck and hinde legs are the worst
areas. We keep bathhing him (with the hose and warm water from saucepans -
he is not a good bath dog) and brushing him every day now. for ages he never
lost any hair, now the weather is getting warmer it is just faling out
everywhere! our other dog, he's a black lab isn't loosng any hair yet, he is
seven years old, and has a different coat again... he looses usually in the
summer time..

Kirsty
"Very Joyful" <veryj...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

javalab

Mar 27, 2002, 3:09:14 AM3/27/02

"Michael Cafarella" <mc...@attbi.com> ha scritto

> Hello...my one-year old (whole) male choc lab sheds so much
> that it's next to impossible to keep the kichen floor clean!

'clean floor' ? is that slang ? what does that mean, in plain english ?

> I mean
> it's unbelievable! I realize that he probably needs a lot of brushing
> etc., but is this a common thing with labs? BTW...I still love him!
> Not like this New England weather! LOL!

www.sundaysw.com/sjl/200203/j2002_03_03_50_jpg.html

should you have some overproduction, i'm considering putting some op-art
variations in the 'pure lab wool' blanket line coming soon.

andrea

--
ciao, j.
www.sundaysw.com

Lori E. Smith

Mar 27, 2002, 7:19:20 AM3/27/02

> Caitlin had severe itching when I got her due to Iams. It stopped when
> switched to Nutro. Iams and Eukanuba are made by the same company. I guess
> I'm polling for a correlation between food and shedding. Although, each
dog
> is different.

Our rescue always recommends a high quality food, and sometimes an oil
supplement, to reduce shedding. The rescue founder swears by it. When we
got Penny the other week, she has been shedding like I have never seen a dog
shed in my life. Not even our long hair dogs or Rufus (a GSD mix) sheds
that much. I have a feeling it's due to her diet (or lack of) and she'll be
back to normal once she's been on her Nutro for a while. All of mine have
shed less since switching from Purina ONE to Nutro.

--
~ Lori
and Jack, Sasha, Rufus, and Joey

cat daddy

Mar 27, 2002, 10:48:18 AM3/27/02

"Lori E. Smith" <dirtyd...@smithandwest.net> wrote in message

> "cat daddy" <furball@.myhouse.com> wrote in message
> > Caitlin had severe itching when I got her due to Iams. It stopped
when
> > switched to Nutro. Iams and Eukanuba are made by the same company. I
guess
> > I'm polling for a correlation between food and shedding. Although, each
> dog
> > is different.
>
> Our rescue always recommends a high quality food, and sometimes an oil
> supplement, to reduce shedding. The rescue founder swears by it. When we
> got Penny the other week, she has been shedding like I have never seen a
dog
> shed in my life. Not even our long hair dogs or Rufus (a GSD mix) sheds
> that much. I have a feeling it's due to her diet (or lack of) and she'll
be
> back to normal once she's been on her Nutro for a while. All of mine have
> shed less since switching from Purina ONE to Nutro.

That's good to hear. My intuition is that Nutro is also a factor in
Caitlin's wonderful coat and lack of shedding, in addition to curing her
itching last summer. I bought a Zoom Groom, but have never really used it.
Thanks for sharing your experience, as it makes me more confident that I
made the right choice for Caitlin.

Wendy Curry

Mar 27, 2002, 12:40:25 PM3/27/02
It's been an awful season for shedding for us too! (Also in New England).
Molly, the foster dog was eating fresh lamb and potatoes; my boys were
eating Nutro Natural choice Lamb & Rice, but they all shed like mad.

I'm wondering if our dry, low snow winter made it worse (we didn't have this
problem last March).

wendy

Larry Green

Mar 27, 2002, 1:07:15 PM3/27/02

javalab <ja...@labrador.ca> wrote in message
Hey we've got those too!...........it's also surprising where they get to!
With two cats and a lab we have hair everywhere at this time of year. We had
to unfold our sofa bed last week and it was full of tumbleweeds.

Larry & Karen

javalab

Mar 27, 2002, 2:18:11 PM3/27/02

"Larry Green" <lgr...@nospam.mnsi.net> ha scritto

> Hey we've got those too!...........it's also surprising where they get to!
> With two cats and a lab we have hair everywhere at this time of year. We
had
> to unfold our sofa bed last week and it was full of tumbleweeds.

so, what about an 'apld - pure labwool co.' ?
anybody here has got storage room enough for all the ng's labs hair ? :)
a.

JohnO

Mar 27, 2002, 5:55:33 PM3/27/02
I was recently shocked to find out all that fur on the floor was from
my Labs. I thought the floors grew hair (much like my lawn) :-D

Last September (the 11th to be exact) we finished replacing all the
carpet in everyroom except in our bedroom with vinal flooring or
refinished hardwood. I still don't care for it but it sure is much
easier to keep up with. The 20 gallon Shop Vac works much better on
the new floors than it did on carpet.

With my seven, I'd be happy to donate, probably enough fur for a
sweater a week! Certain times of the year that could be a sweater a
day.

Ok ... so all my rooms are now un-carpeted (except the bedroom). A
week or so after this happened one of the dogs grabbed a plastic tub
of butter off the kitchen counter, went into the bedroom and ate what
he could. Much of the butter went into the carpet. By the time we
realized the door was open and what was going on two of the girls had
eaten a hole in the carpet to get that delicious butter. It's been
patched, but that carpet will probably be removed this summer :-(

Yeah, I still love these guys!!!!

poohBEAR

Mar 27, 2002, 6:16:01 PM3/27/02
I feed Hills Science Diet Adult Maintenance (I mix Active in when we go
backpacking or are out killing calories), but Madison doesn't shed too
outrageously. Possibly the food? She doesn't get brushed as often as she
should (once a week?), gets bathed about once a month, unless she gets
stinky, albeit mud or ???

:o)
Kim and Madison

javalab

Mar 27, 2002, 6:36:20 PM3/27/02

"JohnO" <joh...@rimail.com> ha scritto

> I was recently shocked to find out all that fur on the floor was from
> my Labs. I thought the floors grew hair (much like my lawn) :-D
>
> Last September (the 11th to be exact) we finished replacing all the
> carpet

carpet = moquette ? that is, fabric all over the floor ?

> in everyroom except in our bedroom with vinal flooring or
> refinished hardwood. I still don't care for it but it sure is much
> easier to keep up with.

yes, i know :)

> The 20 gallon Shop Vac works much better on
> the new floors than it did on carpet.
>
> With my seven, I'd be happy to donate, probably enough fur for a
> sweater a week! Certain times of the year that could be a sweater a
> day.

first apld-line knocked down :)

> Ok ... so all my rooms are now un-carpeted (except the bedroom). A
> week or so after this happened one of the dogs grabbed a plastic tub
> of butter off the kitchen counter, went into the bedroom and ate what
> he could. Much of the butter went into the carpet. By the time we
> realized the door was open and what was going on two of the girls had
> eaten a hole in the carpet to get that delicious butter. It's been
> patched, but that carpet will probably be removed this summer :-(
>
> Yeah, I still love these guys!!!!

poor little java ! i think she gets me worried, but i could leave a steak on
the counter and she'd never even imagine to touch it ! she's not very lab
under this view, i think.

andrea

Bob Burns

Mar 27, 2002, 7:22:22 PM3/27/02
WE brush our black twice a day with a Zoom Groom. Takes a lot of fur off,
especially when he sheds in the spring. He hasn't started yet- still cold
here in central PA.

--
Bob Burns
Mill Hall PA

cat daddy

Mar 27, 2002, 9:22:56 PM3/27/02
Well, that puts a damper on my Nutro theory. Caitlin eats NNC Lamb and
Rice.
Maybe it's the fish oil capsule and weekly tin of sardines............or the
weather........ }:-)

"Wendy Curry" <wnbc...@attbi.com> wrote in message

Lori E. Smith

Mar 28, 2002, 12:08:55 AM3/28/02
"cat daddy" <furball@.myhouse.com> wrote in message

Forgot to mention that Sasha has always been an itchy dog too, and her coat
was always much duller than Jack's naturally shiny, glossy coat. I didn't
think Jack's could look better, but it did when I switched them to NNC Lamb
& Rice. Then Sasha's coat became shiny too, and her itching has almost
completely subsided! Even Gregg noticed her coat, and he never seems to
notice things like that! She's on the NNC Lg Breed Weight Management, which
still has a little corn (though not the ground yellow corn). I imagine if I
can ever get her on the NNC L&R, she'll get even better.

cat daddy

Mar 28, 2002, 1:07:28 AM3/28/02

I kind of take Caitlin's coat for granted until I pet the other Labs' fur
at the dog park. Some are pretty wiry. She's such a social butterfly and
*adopts* new people all the time. Many times I've overheard people remark
how soft her fur is, even with a liberal coating of dust and dirt. We went
swimming at the Springs about a month ago and even I had forgotten what her
freshly rinsed fur felt like when dry. Almost like a puppy's.............

Black Dog

Mar 28, 2002, 9:51:55 AM3/28/02
Please tell me more about the Zoom Groom and shedding blades. I groom
Stella with tools left over from my Bearded Collie--not really satisfactory.
I'm on the lookout for some tools for sleek short hair, the long hair tools
I have hardly seem to touch it, although Stella LOVES the process.

BTW, you guys think labs produce a lot of hair-- but you were just joking
about opening a wool company. About 15 years ago, I actually donated wool
from my beardie to a lady who spins dog hair into sweaters.

Linda and Stella, sleek short-haired Black Dog

"Kim Beverly" <pir...@netrover.com> wrote in message

javalab

Mar 28, 2002, 10:06:20 AM3/28/02

"Black Dog" <fa...@fake.com> ha scritto

> BTW, you guys think labs produce a lot of hair-- but you were just joking

joking ?

:)

> about opening a wool company. About 15 years ago, I actually donated wool
> from my beardie to a lady who spins dog hair into sweaters.

ok. now we've got the raw stuff and the tech.
a little marketing and we're ready.
dot lab economy.

andrea

cat daddy

Mar 28, 2002, 11:11:23 AM3/28/02
The Zoom Groom is made by the Kong company and is like a rubber back
scrubber without the handle. The "bristles" look like incense cones.
Massages the skin and good for wet fur too.......... The shedding blade is
like a hoop of metal with sawteeth......

http://www.petsmart.com/dog/shopping/grooming_essentials/brushes/psearch.sht
ml

"Black Dog" <fa...@fake.com> wrote in message

Very Joyful

Mar 28, 2002, 7:29:22 PM3/28/02
Black Dog wrote:
> Please tell me more about the Zoom Groom and shedding blades. I groom
> Stella with tools left over from my Bearded Collie--not really
> satisfactory. I'm on the lookout for some tools for sleek short hair,
> the long hair tools I have hardly seem to touch it, although Stella
> LOVES the process.

Now I know that Stella and Trigger have even more in common besides a white
muzzle (and a name that is spelled unusually in private, and more simply in
public)...

Trigger LOVES being groomed, but he needs so little of it. Shadow, otoh, is
that long-hair mix and HATES being groomed, but Trigger stands in line and I
have to "fake it" for him. I use the scissors and make snipping noises
around his feet; I put the guard on the clippers and buzz them over his
back; etc.

> BTW, you guys think labs produce a lot of hair-- but you were just
> joking about opening a wool company. About 15 years ago, I actually
> donated wool from my beardie to a lady who spins dog hair into
> sweaters.

No kidding?

Black Dog

Mar 29, 2002, 10:44:53 AM3/29/02

> "JohnO" <joh...@rimail.com> ha scritto

> carpet = moquette ? that is, fabric all over the floor ?

Moquette= carpet? (Yes, carpet is like very very thick fabric all over the
floor).
So that's what moquette is! All this time I thought it was a type inlaid
hardwood, like parquet (sp?).
Hardwood is so much easier to clean than carpet. Poor Andrea.

> poor little java ! i think she gets me worried, but i could leave a steak
on
> the counter and she'd never even imagine to touch it ! she's not very lab
> under this view, i think.

Stella is exactly the same. She hasn't stolen food off the counter or table
since she was a very young pup. But you can always tell if a counter is
holding something she thinks she should eat, there will be a puddle of drool
underneath.

Linda and Stella, drooling Black Dog

Black Dog

Mar 29, 2002, 11:02:12 AM3/29/02

> Black Dog wrote:
>
> Trigger LOVES being groomed, but he needs so little of it. Shadow, otoh,
is
> that long-hair mix and HATES being groomed, but Trigger stands in line and
> have to "fake it" for him. I use the scissors and make snipping noises
> around his feet; I put the guard on the clippers and buzz them over his
> back; etc.

I don't have to go that far for her, and snipping noises around her feet
would probably cause her to start shaking and run away (we have a little
t-o-e-n-a-i-l issue; sshhhh don't say the word) but if I even sit in the
chair that I sit in to groom her, she rushes over and starts rubbing her
back on my leg or shoe. Then she'll look at me, turn around and rub some
more. This process continues till I get out of the chair or get out the
brushes. If I get the brushes out the Happy Happy Dog Dance is performed
for my benefit.

> > BTW, you guys think labs produce a lot of hair-- but you were just
> > joking about opening a wool company. About 15 years ago, I actually
> > donated wool from my beardie to a lady who spins dog hair into
> > sweaters.
>
> No kidding?

No, no kidding. You labbies don't know from hair! Ever since Stella got
her grown up coat I have absolutely marveled at how it DOESN'T stick to
things. Her hair just falls off my clothes and collects in piles in the
corners of the floor. So easy to clean. My Beardie died in 1987 and I
still find his hair stuck to things . . .

Linda and Stella, sleek Black Dog

javalab

Mar 29, 2002, 12:50:57 PM3/29/02

"Black Dog" <fa...@ihatespam.com> ha scritto

> No, no kidding. You labbies don't know from hair! Ever since Stella got
> her grown up coat I have absolutely marveled at how it DOESN'T stick to
> things. Her hair just falls off my clothes and collects in piles in the
> corners of the floor. So easy to clean.

easy ? my b-i-l had warned us
"you'll have to pick their wool off carpets hair by hair".
he was right.

a.picker

javalab

Mar 29, 2002, 1:25:01 PM3/29/02

"Black Dog" <fa...@ihatespam.com> ha scritto
> Moquette= carpet? (Yes, carpet is like very very thick fabric all over
the
> floor).
> So that's what moquette is! All this time I thought it was a type inlaid
> hardwood, like parquet (sp?).
> Hardwood is so much easier to clean than carpet. Poor Andrea.

poor cinzia... my contribute is really at a minimum.

we call carpets the square fabrics from iran, china and the like, woven with
natural or synthesis stuff.

moquette = synthesis fabric covering the whole floor to make it warmer. i
thought it was usual abroad. i've seen it very often in france and germany,
colder areas. it's unusual here.

parquet = hardwood maybe, small wood boards forming (usually) 1 ft squares,
in a perpendicular or diagonal arrangement
|||---|||---
---|||---|||
///\\\///\\\
\\\///\\\///
my ascii art could improve but i hope it's understandable.

i had parquet in my parents' house. it's warmer than marble or tiles and as
easy to clean.
moquette is a nightmare. hair and blanket threads apart, j was rather late
in learning to pee outside... we had three hard months...

we have some carpets (those j loved to taste) over the moquette, esp in the
living room, where j is usually not allowed. not difficult as i hardly see
tv. when i do, she does. there was a brief quarrell when she, as a pup,
wanted to climb the sofa (allowed), lay there (allowed), lay between me and
cinzia (partly allowed), push cinzia off the sofa and stay with me only (not
allowed). now she'd be allowed to lay down by the sofa. but

j's uneasy if i stay at tv for a long time

+ cinzia is uneasy if j stays on the carpets for a long time.

= if i see tv, i look at the the bedroom one, or nothing at all (luckily, so
to say, tv annoys very much my eyes and causes headache nearly always, so i
dont miss it :)

j.3rd.in.pack:really?

Black Dog

Mar 29, 2002, 3:37:15 PM3/29/02

> "Black Dog" <fa...@ihatespam.com> ha scritto
> > Moquette= carpet? (Yes, carpet is like very very thick fabric all over
> > the floor).
> > So that's what moquette is! All this time I thought it was a type
inlaid
> > hardwood, like parquet (sp?).
> > Hardwood is so much easier to clean than carpet. Poor Andrea.
>
> poor cinzia... my contribute is really at a minimum.
>
> we call carpets the square fabrics from iran, china and the like, woven
with
> natural or synthesis stuff.

We call those carpets, too, but more frequently, "rugs". Expensive ones
imported from iran, turkey, etc, woven or knotted from wool or silk, are
"oriental carpets" (or rugs). Cheaper ones are just called "area rugs". My
house has cheap vinyl floors and area rugs.

> moquette = synthesis fabric covering the whole floor to make it warmer. i
> thought it was usual abroad. i've seen it very often in france and
germany,
> colder areas. it's unusual here.

We should, technically call that "broadloom" but more often use the term
"wall-to-wall carpeting" which, in the lazy American way of speaking, has
been shortened over the years to merely "carpet"

> parquet = hardwood maybe, small wood boards forming (usually) 1 ft
squares,
> in a perpendicular or diagonal arrangement
> |||---|||---
> ---|||---|||
> ///\\\///\\\
> \\\///\\\///
> my ascii art could improve but i hope it's understandable.

Yes, exactly. I thought moquette was something like that.

Linda and Stella, the Black Dog (also 3rd in pack, but doesn't really
believe it)

Clyde

Mar 30, 2002, 1:02:16 AM3/30/02

> anybody here has got storage room enough for all the ng's labs hair ? :)
> a.

I suppose an old shed might be appropriate:

http://www.peacefulbendvineyard.com/chickens/

clyde (feeling like he might regret that one)

Very Joyful

Mar 30, 2002, 1:32:35 AM3/30/02
javalab wrote:
> "JohnO" <joh...@rimail.com> ha scritto
>> I was recently shocked to find out all that fur on the floor was from
>> my Labs. I thought the floors grew hair (much like my lawn) :-D
>>
>> Last September (the 11th to be exact) we finished replacing all the
>> carpet
>
> carpet = moquette ? that is, fabric all over the floor ?

Carpet = Rug. The word carpet is usually used to mean "wall-to-wall carpet."

Very Joyful

Mar 30, 2002, 1:34:11 AM3/30/02

Oooh... we can use the bins (nests) for sorting the different colors.

Very Joyful

Mar 30, 2002, 10:30:39 PM3/30/02
<SNIP>This process continues till I get out of the chair or get out the

> brushes. If I get the brushes out the Happy Happy Dog Dance is performed
> for my benefit.

At our house the Happy Happy Dog Dance looks a little like moon-walking a'la
Michael Jackson.

cat daddy

Mar 30, 2002, 10:49:04 PM3/30/02

"Very Joyful" <veryj...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Here, the HHDD takes the form of a rearing Lipizzan Stallion or an old
episode of the Lone Ranger ............ Hi Ho, Caitlin away..........

Heather Denkmire

Apr 3, 2002, 11:51:45 AM4/3/02

This is Bootsy's first year with us (he's eleven months, now). Is it safe to
assume that he'll be shedding a LOT these days? I mean, he IS shedding a
lot. I assume that's normal for spring?

Thanks.

--Heather

Tom

Apr 3, 2002, 3:37:24 PM4/3/02
> I mean, he IS shedding a
>lot.

Welcome to lab parenthood :)

Tom

-----
Cosmo
http://members.aol.com/tomt

Black Dog

Apr 3, 2002, 3:40:06 PM4/3/02

"Heather Denkmire" <newsg...@NOSPAMserenebabe.com> wrote in message
They don't blow their coats like musk ox or anything, but yes, shedding does
seem to accelerate in spring. (it's not like they ever stop shedding though)

And his coat may get a little "off-colour" too. In the spring Stella's coat
sometimes gets a bit greasy looking (no snow to roll in and the water is
still frozen solid), a bit dandruffy , and the dead unshed fur in the
undercoat is bit rusty-brown coloured. We tease her about "chocolate" lab
this time of year. Time, swimming and brushing returns her shiney
blackness.

Linda and Stella, shiney, though sometimes off-colour, Black Dog

Bob Burns

Apr 3, 2002, 7:47:24 PM4/3/02
O yeah, that's normal. He's losing his undercoat. We brush twice a day
with a Zoom Groom. We've worn one out, and he' not quite 4!

--
Bob Burns
Mill Hall PA
email: <mailto:rbu...@bigfoot.com>

Tom

Apr 4, 2002, 10:32:38 AM4/4/02
We tried a few brushes when Cosmo started shedding and found one that works
great. It's a Shedding Blade. You can pick them up any pet store or do a
search on goggle and find them online.

This is what one looks like:
http://shop.petmarket.com/petmarket/sheddingblade.html
(not plugging anyone here, just one I found on a goggle search)

Again, they work really well. I usually brush Cosmo once or twice a week in
the spring, sometimes more if needed.... I actually brushed him this am and
there was a lot of hair coming off. I usually will brush against his coat once
or twice and then a bunch of times with his coat. Going against really loosens
up a lot of hair...

Thanks

Ceallach

Apr 6, 2002, 11:35:15 AM4/6/02

"Heather Denkmire" <newsg...@NOSPAMserenebabe.com> wrote in message

I have a graphic on my site that says "Home is where the dog hair sticks to
everything except the dog". Welcome to Lab ownership. I do have a grooming
section on my site that might help you.
http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/grooming.html

We also use a Zoom Groom. Use it outside, don't wear good clothes and do
not stand downwind while grooming. I leave the hair out in the yard for the
birds to use.

Laura

montana wildhack

Apr 6, 2002, 2:11:02 PM4/6/02
In article <a8n82u$t7g14$1...@ID-132443.news.dfncis.de>,
"Ceallach" <labfeet1....@yahoo.com> wrote:

Our experience is this; Labs shed the worst in spring and fall and also
shed in winter and summer. They shed the most on fabric or carpet that
is a contrasting color to their coats and also on any "good" clothing
you might choose to wear. They will save their best slobber ball to drop
in the lap of your formal wear. They like to give you their best smiles,
body wags and propeller tails while doing same.

They have no interest in shedding or slobbering on your sweat pants.

Never let a wet Lab see you while wearing khakis.

Try to get your dog used to being vacuumed.

That about covers our shedding experiences. Have fun with Bootsy!.

Bob Burns

Apr 7, 2002, 9:34:42 AM4/7/02
Labs also will lick your face and glasses whenever you clean your glasses.
(Windex will remove lab slobber from glasses.)

--
Bob Burns
Mill Hall PA
email: <mailto:rbu...@bigfoot.com>

"montana wildhack" <mon...@wildhack.nospam.com> wrote in message

Heather Denkmire

Apr 7, 2002, 4:00:13 PM4/7/02
in article a8nhal$oue$1...@slb2.atl.mindspring.net, montana wildhack at
mon...@wildhack.nospam.com wrote on 4/6/02 2:11 PM:

> Our experience is this; Labs shed the worst in spring and fall and also
> shed in winter and summer. They shed the most on fabric or carpet that
> is a contrasting color to their coats and also on any "good" clothing
> you might choose to wear. They will save their best slobber ball to drop
> in the lap of your formal wear. They like to give you their best smiles,
> body wags and propeller tails while doing same.
>
> They have no interest in shedding or slobbering on your sweat pants.
>
> Never let a wet Lab see you while wearing khakis.
>
> Try to get your dog used to being vacuumed.
>
> That about covers our shedding experiences. Have fun with Bootsy!.

Okay.

THIS cracked me up.

Thanks for all the replies, folks!

--Heather and Bootsy the hair machine