Kelly Green Breeders

BAD

Sep 12, 2002, 10:47:11 PM9/12/02
I met a dog from Kelly Green Breeders in Madison Campground at Yellowstone
National Park. Very nice dog. Kelly Green is in Reno, but I can't get a
line on them. Have any of you hear of them or have a phone number???

Thanks.
Barbara

Kim Beverly

Sep 12, 2002, 11:48:37 PM9/12/02
Hi
There is the URL
http://kelleygreenlabradors.com/
Cheers

--
Kim, Pirate Labradors
Sutton ON Canada

Fish

Sep 16, 2002, 6:22:09 PM9/16/02
WOW... I took a look at their site. Has anyone here dealt with them. It
looks like an incredible amount of care and planning went into creating such
a great place to breed from.

"Kim Beverly" <pir...@netrover.com> wrote in message

Bre

Sep 16, 2002, 7:04:10 PM9/16/02
Wow what a place, I refused to let my labs look at the pictures of that
place, they will run away from home...

Bre

KrisHur

Sep 17, 2002, 7:58:37 AM9/17/02
The facilities look great, but none of the Kellygreen dogs in the pedigrees
have a CH or any working/obedience titles. I wonder if they show them at
all.

"Bre" <icons...@bwr.eastlink.ca> wrote in message

Goose, Duck & Bird Dog

Sep 19, 2002, 11:43:38 AM9/19/02
Well we couldn't be more thrilled with our breeder -

http://www.huntndogsestates.com

KrisHur

Sep 19, 2002, 6:17:57 PM9/19/02
They seem ok--focusing on working dogs; there are no conformation champions
on any of the pedigrees, but I'm wary of anyone who has puppies "ready for
Christmas." It is the absolute worst time to introduce a pup to a new home.

It seems that they breed often. Whelping 4 litters in one year sounds like a
lot. I heard a good breeder does 1 or 2 litters a year. NTM they bred one
bitch twice in one year (March and December), sounds too often.

Kim are you still reading this thread, is 4 litters too many? How often
should one breed a bitch?

"Goose, Duck & Bird Dog" <goos...@ameritech.net> wrote in message

Sarita Gellman-Montresor

Sep 20, 2002, 1:13:02 AM9/20/02
Kellygreen Kennels have been around for a LOOONNGGG time. Sally was
quite active in the show ring when they lived in PA. I know her dogs are
seen quite often at specialties, but not so much in the all-breed shows.

I've never heard any negative comments, and I know you'd be hard pressed
to find someone as familiar with English bloodlines as she is. I've only
really spoken to her once or twice for information, many years ago, and
I can say she was a big help to me.
I think she has been judging recently as well.
While the titles may certainly "prove" breeding stock worth, it is not
the end all, be all of a "good" labrador. Her dogs have done it all over
the years.
This lady knows Labs inside & out.

Sarita

Goose, Duck & Bird Dog

Sep 20, 2002, 4:04:39 PM9/20/02
Our breeder is totally working dogs. YES-

However having had an English Lab as our first dog (she's the best though)
and comparing her to the breeder where she was from. Hands down this couple
is great. http://www.huntndogsestates.com
He's a vet and she stays home and loves and cares for these pups until they
go to your house at 8 weeks.
They invite you to their home as often as you would like and bring all the
puppies from the litter on a blanket. They will show you which ones are
chosen [by them or others] because they are marked with a color collar. You
ask 100 questions and see them interact with the dogs.
You meet the mom, (our dad to our dog was from Canada) and they give you a
tour of all of the grown dogs they have. He brings them out to you, if you
ask and again they spend about an hour (or longer) with you. Our breeder
from NJ (our first lab) would never return phone calls and to get there to
meet our dog was insane. The dogs were truly just an income for her and
although her dogs were gorgeous, the love was somehow lost.
To me as a lab owner you need those things (to breed) because it is hard
devoted work.

As a mom to three small kids, and three labs we welcomed our last (choclate)
lab last year on Dec. 18th.
Besides a few chewed on packages and my feet being cold because of a 2 am
run outdoors introducing him to our home was a wonderful memory at
Christmas. Hardly a bad time at all.

They breed about four times a year and in addition to wonderful pictures and
weekly updates on your dog (pictures) - Hands down, awesome folks to get a
dog from. They know there stuff and it is something they love to do. Labs,
and breed.

Kelly H

Sneak Peek!
If you've been good this year, we've got a sneak peek at Christmas!
http://www.joannehudson.com/basics/

chris.s...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2013, 8:27:28 PM11/14/13
Go to Kellygreen Kennels and Sally Kelly is incredible. She is probably 83 years old but if she is still active, go with her or find her line somewhere

brendi...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2015, 4:08:10 PM9/26/15
Kelleygreen is in Nevada. Their phone number is 775-782-3224. They have excellent dogs and use semen collected from champions from the past and frozen.
Bren

sm.concor...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2016, 12:12:06 PM2/26/16
I can not say enough about Sally Kelley. She is such a good-hearted person as well as being a very knowledgeable and conscientious breeder. The last dog I got from Sally was just amazing. Sally called me one day and offered him to me saying that "...he is not a show dog, he's the runt of the litter with a zipper (cowlick) down his nose and he is the last one with his mother but he is so good and so sweet!" And he was in spades - he exuded all that is good. An outstanding dog - very smart, very athletic with all the charm in the world! All biases aside, I have had a lot of great dogs my life but there was something very special about this one. At one point he needed treatment at Angell Memorial in Boston where I live. The team there asked me if I would let him be in a video production. Google search Bodie/Angell Memorial and you will see him - beautiful.

bluefa...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2017, 1:03:02 PM11/18/17
I have owned three Labrador retrievers from Kelly Green Kennels. All of my dogs were and are chocolate males. Each has been a fantastic dog! Sally Kelly has always been extremely friendly, honest and true to her word. Before purchasing my first dog from the kennel (it was located in PA. then), I asked a close friend who lived nearby to check out Kelly Green Kennel for me. This friend had been around Labradors since his childhood. He told me Sally was a good person, the kennel was incredible and the dogs were fantastic! He was right. All of my dogs from Kelly Green Kennels have been fantastic. I highly recommend Kelly Green Kennels.

Daniel Fong

Oct 13, 2020, 4:34:37 PM10/13/20
On Saturday, November 18, 2017 at 10:03:02 AM UTC-8, bluefa...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have owned three Labrador retrievers from Kelly Green Kennels. All of my dogs were and are chocolate males. Each has been a fantastic dog! Sally Kelly has always been extremely friendly, honest and true to her word. Before purchasing my first dog from the kennel (it was located in PA. then), I asked a close friend who lived nearby to check out Kelly Green Kennel for me. This friend had been around Labradors since his childhood. He told me Sally was a good person, the kennel was incredible and the dogs were fantastic! He was right. All of my dogs from Kelly Green Kennels have been fantastic. I highly recommend Kelly Green Kennels.

do you know if Sally is still in business? I bought a lab from her 20 years ago and looking for a new pup. I called and emailed her without a reply.
thank you.

Andrea Phillips

Jul 28, 2021, 10:09:20 PM7/28/21
Strongly Agree! Bred with her for years in Minden and still have a black male. Best dogs ever

Elly Houston

Nov 20, 2021, 12:05:55 PM11/20/21