Cat Keeps On Losing Collar And Rabies Tag...

tb

Feb 13, 2017, 3:33:19 PM2/13/17
I have a 10-year-old cat which spends a lot of time roaming outside the
house.

The cat has one of those breakaway collars to which the rabies tag is
attached. Every now and then the cat comes home without collar --and
tag! Just a few days ago the tag got caught in the fan grille of an
air conditioner condenser located just outside one of my windows; the
cat pulled on the breakaway collar to free herself and came back home
without collar and tag. (PS: The cat is also micro-chipped but I
think it would be better if she had her rabies tag on display, too...)

If anyone has found a good solution to this problem, please let me know!
--
tb

James Wilkinson Sword

Mar 19, 2017, 8:36:07 PM3/19/17
No point in a collar which can fall off. Get one without the breakaway. Cats are clever enough to undo themselves if they get caught.

--
Question: Are there too many immigrants in Britain?
17% said yes, 11% said no, 72% said "I am not understanding the question please."

Bily

Aug 7, 2019, 5:38:34 AM8/7/19
I bought a dog collar on Amazon which does not breakaway (smallest size) and
the cat got entangled in something in the backyard but escaped from the
collar without injury.

Bily42