help/advice on treating cats for worms

pyotr filipivich

Jul 3, 2021, 1:20:21 AM7/3/21

Just the thing to happen right before bed, cats jumps up on my
office chair with what turns out to be about six inches of worm
hanging from her butt. "Ackkk!" I pull it out, it is now stuck in a
small sealed jar, and I'm trying to calm down enough to go to bed.

So, turn the computer back on, first thing is ask the assembled
hive minds about treating for worms, any advice and what to do or not
to do?
Back ground infor we got two cats from the shelter, they're both
about a year old. They are lively and in good health, or at least
seemed that way. Shasta (the one with the worm) earned her keep the
second night by catching one of the mouses in the house. She was most
put out when I took her squeaky toy away from her.
--
pyotr filipivich
"Have the Anarchists ever stopped to consider that if they bring

Clutterfreak

Jan 1, 2022, 6:43:17 PM1/1/22
What color is the worm?

Rockinghorse Winner

Jan 2, 2022, 12:29:59 AM1/2/22
My cat had worms when just a kitten. I went online and ordered some tablets
from a respectable web site. And the worms were all gone within 2 or 3
weeks. No vet required.

--

"Many have sought in vain to tell joyously of the Most Joyous. Now at last It
declares Itself to me, now in this misery." - Holderlin

Clutterfreak

Jan 2, 2022, 1:43:28 PM1/2/22
Care to give the name of the chemical?

pyotr filipivich

Jan 2, 2022, 3:04:35 PM1/2/22
Clutterfreak <clutterfre...@gmail.com> on Sat, 1 Jan 2022
17:43:15 -0600 typed in alt.pets.cats the following:
>On 7/3/2021 12:20 AM, pyotr filipivich wrote:
>>
>> Just the thing to happen right before bed, cats jumps up on my
>> office chair with what turns out to be about six inches of worm
>> hanging from her butt. "Ackkk!" I pull it out, it is now stuck in a
>> small sealed jar, and I'm trying to calm down enough to go to bed.
>>
>> So, turn the computer back on, first thing is ask the assembled
>> hive minds about treating for worms, any advice and what to do or not
>> to do?
>> Back ground infor we got two cats from the shelter, they're both
>> about a year old. They are lively and in good health, or at least
>> seemed that way. Shasta (the one with the worm) earned her keep the
>> second night by catching one of the mouses in the house. She was most
>> put out when I took her squeaky toy away from her.
>> --
>> pyotr filipivich
>

>What color is the worm?

It seemed to be blue and white stripe when I pulled it out and
threw it in the jar.
After spending a second night in clorox, it was white ish
--
pyotr filipivich
This Week's Panel: Us & Them - Eliminating Them.

Clutterfreak

Jan 2, 2022, 6:55:40 PM1/2/22
> Clutterfreak <clutterfre...@gmail.com> on Sat, 1 Jan 2022
> 17:43:15 -0600 typed in alt.pets.cats the following:
>> On 7/3/2021 12:20 AM, pyotr filipivich wrote:
>>>
>>> Just the thing to happen right before bed, cats jumps up on my
>>> office chair with what turns out to be about six inches of worm
>>> hanging from her butt. "Ackkk!" I pull it out, it is now stuck in a
>>> small sealed jar, and I'm trying to calm down enough to go to bed.
>>>
>>> So, turn the computer back on, first thing is ask the assembled
>>> hive minds about treating for worms, any advice and what to do or not
>>> to do?
>>> Back ground infor we got two cats from the shelter, they're both
>>> about a year old. They are lively and in good health, or at least
>>> seemed that way. Shasta (the one with the worm) earned her keep the
>>> second night by catching one of the mouses in the house. She was most
>>> put out when I took her squeaky toy away from her.
>>> --
>>> pyotr filipivich
>>

>> What color is the worm?
>
> It seemed to be blue and white stripe when I pulled it out and
> threw it in the jar.
> After spending a second night in clorox, it was white ish

Did it look like one of these?

https://www.npvet.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Common-Types-of-Intestinal-Worms-scaled.jpg

Rockinghorse Winner

Jan 3, 2022, 1:34:48 AM1/3/22
We're talking 10 years ago, so no I don't recall the name. Just do a google
search for cat worm medication, and you'll find something. To be safe, buy
from a mainstream web site, and a product that has a lot of good reviews.

pyotr filipivich

Jan 4, 2022, 2:30:56 PM1/4/22
Clutterfreak <clutterfre...@gmail.com> on Sun, 2 Jan 2022
17:55:36 -0600 typed in alt.pets.cats the following:
Probably.

I got the anti-worm treatment, stuffed it down here, and ... so
fari, so goodie.

Clutterfreak

Jan 7, 2022, 10:12:16 AM1/7/22
Ok, if it is something only between you and your veterinary doctor then
you didn't have to involve usenet in it. I come to usenet to ask
questions and learn something about what I can do or learn about my cats
without going to a veterinary doctor. People have experiences with their
cats that are useful to know.