House Spider care!

Bat

Aug 9, 2014, 2:56:05 PM8/9/14
Hello,

I have a resident house spider! I know they are best left alone (rather
than be put outside) so I just let it to roam around my house and I see
it almost every day somewhere or other. It is about 4.5cm long.

Today, though, I found it caught up in a bit of old cellar spiders web -
there are a few of those here. It was a bit matted up and in a very
sorry state and I was contemplating putting it out of its misery but I
have a keen eye for detail and managed to isolate it in a glass dish and
gently unclog its legs with a fine pair of tweezers.

After leaving it an hour or so to recuperate, it's legs still seemed
drawn in towards its body and were a bit bent. Unsure of whether it
needed water or food, I just put a couple of drops of water in the dish
and after a while it found a drop and stayed over it for about half an hour.

Its legs have now gone perfectly back into place and to be honest, it
now looks like a new spider! I hope I've given this chap a new lease of
life.

If he is okay tomorrow, should I just let him go on his way in my house
again, or considering there are a few cellar spiders should I put him
outside? I live in England UK.

Bat.