Re: State Senator Calls for Investigation Into 'Furries'

Let's Pretend You're Dead!

Apr 1, 2022, 2:57:12 AM4/1/22
Technobarbarian <technobarbar...@gmail.com> wrote in
news:t1vch2$fbu$1...@gioia.aioe.org:

> False Reports Lead State Senator to Call for Investigation Into
> 'Furries' BY THOMAS KIKA ON 3/28/22 AT 7:51 PM EDT
>
> "A state senator claimed false reports lead him to express concerns
> over "furries" being catered to in schools.
>
> Nebraska State Senator Bruce Bostelman, a Republican, took to the
> state Senate floor on Monday and addressed his concerns that some
> schools were allegedly providing litter boxes for the use of students
> that self-identify as cats or dogs, who he referred to as "furries."
> Bostelman said that such a practice would be "very disruptive to the
> school system."
>
> "I'm a little shocked," Bostelman said. "It's something called
> furries. If you don't know what furries are it's where school children
> dress up as animals—cats or dogs—during the school day. They meow
> and they bark and they interact with their school, with their teachers
> in this fashion. And now schools are wanting to put litter boxes in
> the schools for these children to use. How is this sanitary?""
>
> "Bostelman continued with an alleged anecdote about a student who
> defecated on the floor after their school refused to provide a litter
> box for them to use.
>
> "What is going on?" he added. "Some kids can't wear an American flag
> and walk through the school in their shirt. And you keep them out of
> school?"
>
> Later on Monday, Omaha-based journalist Jon Kipper reported that
> Bostelman and another Nebraska state senator, Lynne Walz, reached out
> to the school districts named in the rumors and were "assured none of
> that happened." School districts across the country subjected to
> similar rumors have also denied them outright."
> [snip]
>
> You would think that the correct time to do a little fact
> checking
> would be _before_ you've made a public ass of yourself and not after.
> I've met a few furries. I don't think any of them use a litter box or
> defecate in public.

The operative words were "I don't think." Isn't that so?

Schools are not the correct forums for the absence of personal restraint.
Keep your quirks where they belong.

Coyo

Jun 20, 2023, 10:16:40 AM6/20/23
I've seen worse from certain conventions. Thankfully, most of those
incidents were just self-hating furries trolling, but not all were
fabricated.