Network card to suit HP Jornada 680

Graham Butcher

Jan 14, 2005, 7:37:54 AM1/14/05
Hello,

Has anyone had any experience in getting a PCMCIA network card to work in a
Hewlett Packard Jornada 680 handheld PC?

I have 2 cards that will not work with this machine and yet will work in a
laptop running Win 98. I guess this is because the Jornada runs Windows CE
3.0, but I am not having any luck in finding any cards that will also run on
Windows CE 3.0.

Any ideas?

Graham.

tim majoch

Apr 26, 2009, 12:58:18 AM4/26/09
Hope this helps, I got a 680 a short time ago and it came with a linksys
wpc11 wireless 16bit card. The card worked fine, but I set the hrdware aside
till I got up enough energy to devote to putting linux on the beast. That's
the only solution that I could identify to get the use of a secure web
browser. Couldn't use the ce version of ie to do secure logins & couldn't
find any 680/ce-compatible browser apps from 3rd parties to do that. anyway,
you should be able to find the wpc11 for sale on the web somewhere and it
shouldn't be mass $$$, either.
here's a url to one on amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-WPC11-Wireless-B-Notebook-Adapter/dp/B000056SSM
apparently from about $10 -> $60, range.
:^)
"Graham Butcher" <graham....@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message